“Don't waste your time or money”

La Bottega di Raffaello
Ranked #4,325 of 12,519 Restaurants in Rome
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Nuevo, CA
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We were tired and hungry after a tour of the Vatican and we ended up here. There was a sign advertising "Organic" Pizza. My wife and I each ordered the organic pizza and our son ordered a ham and cheese panini. Being in Rome we were shocked when they pulled the pizzas out of the freezer. The pizza was mediocre at best, and my son said that the panini was no better. The place only seats about 10 people as well. So far the worst food we have had in a Rome!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank deamole

Rome, Italy
“Great food for a lunch break while visiting St. Peter's!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Here you can find very healthy food, sweets, snacks, and drinks won't break your budget. I am working in the Vatican and eat here every day for lunch. I usually eat salads, rice, pasta, fruits. Trust me, this is the best small bar in the are of the Vatica. and I have tried them all!! I like the atmosphere here: it is never crowded with tourists, wifi works always, the food is excellent (they have delicious sushi, pizzas, pasta, salads, pies, smoothies...). You can also buy some organic quality food, wine, chocolate, Greek yoghurt, snacks, and even cleaning products that cannot easily find in Rome. It is also the only bar in Rome I know with chairs reserved for nursing mothers, and the girls working here are so kind and smiling.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tiz S
Trieste, Italy
“authentically worthwile”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Picked this 'bottega' by random while wandering around the Vatican City! The venue is quite little, slightly off the beaten track, there is friendly staff who will quickly find a place for you and really super special care for families and babies (which is quite rare to find in Italy)!
We had the chance to meet the proprietor who was very attentive, the ambience was relaxed, reasonably priced and we enjoyed simple dishes prepared with organic food which was home cooked and familiar...D E L I C I O U S wines..japanese food too!!!
Great food in an intimate atmosphere, an absolute gem..YUMCREDIBLE!!!

• Visited September 2011