“A stylish hotel”

Ranked #474 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Athens, Greece
“A stylish hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

When you enter the hotel the first impression is the black and red colors.Very modern very interesting...Rooms are modern decorated ...Very nice rooms...The staff is O.K,the service is nice,bar is fantastic (what a colour)The only thing that disappointed me was the breakfast it was poor enough for that kind of hotel and that rates.Aleph is located near via Veneto and it ou needed a 20 minutes walk to be in Piazza di Spagna.It is a good choise if it s not yor first time in Rome

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Gigouli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Recently spent 3 nights here and don't really have any complaints. The staff were always very attentive and quick to help. The room I stayed in was spacious and comfortable and I had a large private terrace that was a great sun trap. Breakfast was good and the service very efficient. It's a short walk to the Trevi Fountain and other sites. All in all a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel. The only slight concern was that the beds were quite soft and this is a problem for me with a bad back but the staff were helpful and put a board under the mattress.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank DominicBrown85
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Good location, being within a short walking distance from all the hotspots. The staff was brilliant, and the rooms really comfortable and stylish. The rooftop terrace is also a great way to spend the late afternoons relaxing with a freshly made apperitivo.

Unlike a number of hotels in Rome, this one pays attention to the kind of detail you would expect from hotels in New York or London which really makes the difference.

We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Stef608
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Aleph and had a very enjoyable experience. I found if you start with a greeting, a simple buon giorno or buona sera (after 2PM), everyone is pleasant. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful with directions, dining reservations and simply just ordering a bucket of ice for our room. They all did well conversing in English. The buffet breakfast can be pricey but ours was included in our room package. The hot and cold selections were very good. The poached eggs were particularly good. Smoked salmon also very good.

The hotel was a good location for sightseeing and restaurants. Just a 15 minute walk to Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the main train station (Termini). We could have walked to the Colesseo/Forum, probably 20 minutes, but opted for a taxi. The taxi cost was 8 euros. We also took a taxi to the Vatican one night which cost about 20 euros. There is a metro stop just down the street from the hotel (Barberini) but we never ventured into the subway. Most of the locals we spoke with suggested a walk or taxi would be a better way to get around the city.

Just remember a greeting morning, noon and night goes a long way! buona giornata!!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms, 206 and 217. 206 was in the back of the hotel overlooking a carpark for some local a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank bollwage
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I spend once in a while a night in this hotel as very close to the office. Unfortunately if you are not spending the night in a top room, the typical business double room for business is extremely cheap. The rooms I saw are small and quite old, bathroom looks good but extremely unefficients. However the hotel is clean and staff friendly. Nice the terrace but often closed for private parties. Breakfast expensive for the quality. Air conditioning not really up to standards. Overalls I would go back if nothing else is available.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcello P
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

After a nightmare experience I had at the Grand Hotel Plaza in Rome I am glad to report that it all turn around for me and my mom when we switched to the Boscolo Aleph Hotel In Rome. I had to swap hotels last minute after checking into the Grand Hotel Plaza due to poor service, the AC was not working and lousy rooms. Furthermore, I was deceived by their 5 star status...it really is a 4 star hotel.
I am thankful that I found the BOSCOLO ALEPH HOTEL. Their front desk was one of the best I have ever experienced. I was greeted with such warmth by one of them, Gemma Gucci, who made me feel right at home. I was in Rome on a dream vacation for my 80yr old mother.
The rooms are very comfortable, tastefully furnished, the entire staff was top-notch. This hotel is removed from the hordes of tourist on a quaint and old-fashioned street, near barbirini metro stop and walking distance to the Spanish steps. There is numerous
restaurants and had dinner at three different ones during my 4 day stay.
There is also a terrace on the roof of the hotel which serves dinner and drinks. We were invited to enjoy free drinks on the roof on our first night at the hotel because they knew we had gone through our disappointing experience at the Grand Hotel Plaza.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would definetely return there. Also, I was not aware of the Boscolo hotel chain and will gladly stay in any of their properties wherever they are an option.
My mom had a beautiful experience in Rome because of our hotel stay at the Boscolo Aleph Hotel in Rome.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask them for a room facing away from the street. It can be a bit noisy in the mornings...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SergioA877
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

The location of this hotel is fairly good. Hotel provides all basic functions, but has nothing special. Lobby area looks good. Rooftop bar in nice but do not have any view and is open only after 6 pm. Breakfast is expensove and poor. Wifi is poor, and practically does not work in a rooftop bar at all. We did not get late checkout although as a Splendia member we should have got it since we did not get room upgrade either. When we were about to leave our room, new guests opened the door with their own key - the room was not even cleaned yet! When we had checked-out, the clerk asked if we need a taxi to the airport while we have booked and just paid the private transport to the airport in our room bill.
3-4 stars, not five in any case. If you want a good hotel in this region, I would propose either Hassler or Eden instead.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple