“They Treated Us Like Kings - Perfect Beginning to Honeymoon”
Review of Aleph Hotel Rome

Aleph Hotel Rome
Ranked #507 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“They Treated Us Like Kings - Perfect Beginning to Honeymoon”
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This was our first hotel during our honeymoon across Europe. We wanted luxury, but didn't want to spend everything we had on hotel rooms. I found a really good deal for this hotel and was a little nervous that it all seemed too good to be true.

We arrive early in the morning on June 22nd and were immediately impressed by the gorgeous lobby and hints of a Heaven/Hell theme in the decor. It was modern, trendy and very hip. Probably too hip for us, but they were so nice to us regardless.

As we were checking in, the hotel clerk said he wanted to upgrade our room. I thanked him and told him it was our honeymoon so that was a wonderful surprise. Upon hearing this, he appeared to do something else on the computer and asked if we would be willing to wait one hour for a maid to clean the room he wanted to give us. It was hours before the regular check-in time so waiting an hour was no problem for us, especially for the upgrades.

We walked down the street to the Spanish Steps (which are only a couple blocks from the hotel) and then grabbed coffee at a cafe. When we returned they took us to our room -- a beautiful, modern, funky room with a complimentary bottle of champagne for us.

Best of all, the room had its very own ROOFTOP TERRACE. Not a balcony, but rather an entire terrace with ivy-covered walls, chaise lounge chairs, little tables and chairs for drinks, etc... and a hot tub that was not being used. We assumed this was a public area, but then we realize there was only one other room that had access to it -- the penthouse suite. During our entire trip we never saw anyone else on the terrace and we drank coffee every morning on it. Never in a million years would I have thought we would have our very own rooftop terrace in Rome. If you stay here, try to book a room on the SIXTH FLOOR to get access to the terrace.

Throughout our stay, the front desk staff was incredibly kind and helpful to us. The hotel staff helped us arrange tours, recommended a PHENOMENAL restaurant with some of the best lobster I've ever had, and catered to any request we had.

The location was ideal for us. We were up the street from the Triton fountain and within walking distance of many attraction, including the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, etc... The metro station was one block away and we were able to get everywhere on it.

I've stayed at some wonderful hotels and this one will always be very special to me. I recommend it to anyone. My only minor negative comment and I'll agree with other posters on this: The restaurant/room service/bar is very pricey. Go down the street if you don't want to spend everything on a so-so meal.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Hotel Aleph, your kindness was so appreciated and we loved your hotel!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
napoli
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I recently stayed at the Aleph Boscolo Hotel in Rome on June 29, 2010. I chose the hotel through Expedia.com for its proximity to the American Embassy and its luxury status. While hotel staff were courteous and helpful, I felt there was something lacking given the price I paid. For example, when I asked the hotel front desk if I could have a drink at the lobby bar prior to dinner, I was told I could. I walked the short distance over to the bar and found there was no bartender. I had to ask twice and wait ten minutes for one to show up. When he did, he told me the lobby bar was closed and only the roof top bar was open. He did get me a drink but took another ten minutes to find the ingredients to a simple cocktail. I have been staying in Rome hotels often in the past four years and lesser hotels have provided more quality service. Overall, I would rate the experience as fair given the hotel rating and price paid.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We searched Tripadvisor long and hard before going to Italy. Most of our hotels were superb, but the one we picked for our Rome stay was quite disappointing. While the Aleph Boscolo has a fancy lobby, the rest of the hotel lacks. We paid extra for a deluxe room and it was quite ordinary. The drinking glasses were dirty, and the towels a bit scratchy. The bed was the hardest we encountered. We both woke up with sore shoulders each morning. We asked for a wake-up call our last morning, which never arrived. The buffet breakfast was 30 euros each. We opted not to try this. We arrived on a Friday, and was informed that the Spa would be closed the next 2 days (Sat & Sun). We deceided to pay it a Friday Evening visit due to the closure. The colors scheme was relaxing, but the spa pool had tiles breaking off and scattered around the pool floor. There was an attendent in the area who seems overly protective and quite unfriendly. We did not feel welcome, nor able to relax much. It would have been a great concept if done with a more welcoming atmosphere, and maintenance of the pool. The price was over $500 USD a night. In the future, I would opt to stay elsewhere and get more for my money. I would also prefer being closer to the city center.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I originally discovered this hotel while traveling on business and since then, I continue to stay with Boscolo Aleph for business and for personal travel. Extremely clean, elegant and excellent service. Rooms are spectatular and close to popular sites. Would definately recommend to friends and colleagues and look forward to future stays at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Bournemouth, UK
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We have just stayed at the Aleph as part of our honeymoon trip around Italy. We arrived at the hotel from Rome Termini station by using the Metro - our first mistake. Escalators that didnt work had me carrying 2 suitcases up around 100 stairs in the searing heat... if you travel here by train, make sure you get a taxi to the hotel...

We arrived in the lobby and it looked great.. We had booked a Superior room for two nights at well over £500 quid, so we were expecting a great room for our money, especially as it was room only, without breakfast.

The first thing we were told was that the spa was closed on Saturday (our only full day in Rome) so my wife was unable to have any treatments, which was one of the factors i took into account when booking.

Nevertheless, we entered the lift and went up to the correct floor, but then appeared to get out into the travel lodge corridor, not the hotel with the great entrance lobby we had just been in. Very odd.

On entering our room, it was very nice, but with nowhere to put our luggage, this made things awkward to say the least.

As well as this, the internet connection didnt work, meaning we were guessing our train times when it came to leave. Not a show stopper, but very annoying.

On the plus side, the location is great for both exploring Rome and getting to the station (by taxi).

If you are looking to book this hotel, make sure you get it very very cheap or you will be as disappointed as i was.

I've stayed in a fair few 5 star hotels in my time all over the world, but i could not class this as one of them, regardless of what the brass plaque says on the front door...

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Hotel was located close to Bernini station and walking distance to Spanish steps, Trevi fountain and restaurants. Nice quiet location. Decor and ambience of hotel was very modern and trendy. Rooms were large, comfortable and clean. On our first night we had 2 double beds joined together. My husband complained and they immediately set up a new room for us with one King bed. Breakfast was not included in the price paid and was quite expensive so we had breakfast at nearby cafes. Mini bar was also extremely expensive and internet was 20 Euro/day!
If this hotel offered its clients those added extras like free wi-fi (pretty common nowadays!), breakfast, and a little more of a personal touch it would really stand-out. Overall, good hotel. We enjoyed staying there. But we paid less for other hotels in our stay in Europe and received a lot more for our money. Maybe it was due to the hotel being in Rome?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We loved the hotel..location was perfect to get around Rome, the rooms are very, very nice and seem like they are very new..there are some rather small ones but they were very nice about helping us into a room we liked..The staff was great and very knowledgeable...The spa is beautiful as is the roof top garden..Woud recommend without hesitation...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple