“A little disappointed”

Ranked #112 of 3,668 Rome B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here on our first visit to Rome for four nights. Staff are friendly and helpful but the rooms were on the small side with a tiny shower. Bed not particularly comfortable and too firm for our liking. Safe didn’t work and the sliding door on the built in robe was jammed. Interest access was hit and miss if it was working or not. Breakfast were Ok, just cereal and fruit in the main. Bakery items were the packaged kind which aren’t the best. Great location though, easy walk to lots of nice restaurants and the Trevi Fountain. Next time, we’ll try somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ants48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I have never had such a warm receptive welcome before until I checked-in at this place. The crew at Daphne Inn were like long lost friends; warm, friendly, helpful, thoughtful, considerate etc. Kudos to Andrea, Carlos, Stefano...for making our stay-from a good one to a great one.

Location is excellent. Close to the train station, walkable to many tourist spots and surrounded by many great restaurants.

Breakfast every morning was simple yet delicious. The crew happily offered to serve this in our room but we did not want to trouble them.

Room came with an Apple deskstop with internet access. This was really useful. No TVs in room though and I can understand why. The building and those in the vicinity are pretty close and tight, hence best to avoid instances where TV sound travels afar.

We had a family room next to the reception and it served us very well. Would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone visiting Rome.

Room Tip: If you need space, get room 122 on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BertSG
Cornwall UK
Reviewed 28 November 2012

A perfect place to stay with my 3 sisters to celebrate big birthdays! We booked the junior suite and were thrilled with our stay at the Daphne Inn Trevi. Our rooms were comfortable, cosy, clean and beautifully equipped. The extras are excellent touches: bowls of fresh fruit, bottled water, complimentary bottle of sparkly. Breakfast was served in our suite and was delicious. Just what we needed for a full on day seeing the sights of Rome. The reception staff were wonderful and helped us plan out our 3 days making sure we made best use of our time. They suggested lovely local eateries which we tried out and thoroughly enjoyed and made sure we had a memorable time. I cannot wait to go back to romantic, sunny Rome (especially to escape the wet here) - the big blue skies, sunshine and 18 degrees in Rome was a real bonus. I would not hesitate to book to stay At Daphne Inn again and recommend it whole heartedly.

Room Tip: If you are 4 adults (friends or family) then book the junior suite, fantastic value
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah O
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2012

The Daphne Inn - Trevi and Veneto have been our go to choice in Rome for several years. The owners are very pleasant and their staff is the best in Rome. They speak perfect English, are knowledgeable and will help out with reservations and directions. This visit we stayed at the Trevi in room 324 – much to my chagrin.
As noted in other reviews the rooms are located in condo buildings. Generally the sleeping rooms are small, sparsely decorated and are badly laid out. Room 324 for which I have been relegated to several times is a perfect example. While I like my partner a lot I really do not need to participate in his daily constitution. The bathroom door faces the top of the bed. Why they did not move the door to the other wall is beyond me. As there is no television you can’t drown out any sound!!!
I can say that the Daphne is getting rough around the edges. For what they charge – and they are not cheap anymore, the rooms are in disrepair. There are huge marks and blemishes on the walls, the shower grout was filthy, and the bedspread was stained and abused. The internet has to this day never worked inside my room. You literally need to stand right in front of the router to get a placid signal. The managers blame thick concrete walls for blocking the service.
I understand the Daphne Inn concept – simple and nice…and that was fine 10 years ago. This is 2012 and the Daphne needs to come into the new age. They have no problem in charging 2012 rates, they should give 2012 service. There should be TV’s in the rooms as well as a proper working router and wireless. Frette Sheets – there is an outlet shop on via Nazionale. In the common room (remember there is no lobby) add a sofa and nice chairs – a place to gather and work outside of your room. They should provide newspapers. Cut out the bad breakfast and put out wine and cheese and some cookies at night. It really is very simple.

Room Tip: The elevators are very very small. so walking up is the norm. Ask for a room on a low floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Bob E
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed in both locations (Trevi and Veneto) and enjoyed equally delightful experiences. This hotel offers very nice accommodations and extraordinary personal attention. I made my reservations while traveling so my internet was hit and miss. The staff maintained a very helpful email correspondence confirming my reservation and offering helpful travel and tour assistance. Additionally, the hotel will loan you a cell phone for local use - pretty cool. The Trevi entrance is tucked in the middle of one of the many side streets within walking distance of the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Piazza Barberini - a very good neighborhood to base your stay in Rome. If you are looking for something other than the big hotel experience - this is it. I received a warm welcome, help with luggage, a bottle of water and an ambitious but doable afternoon walking tour. Ok, I did get lost and the map is not exactly accurate but that's Rome. I found my way back and covered a lot of ground. The very friendly staff is full of tour, transportation and restaurant recommendations. Management is currently offering their own line of local tours so check that out first. The hotel is a converted apartment building - or at least that's what it feels like. There is breakfast room with a separate with a laptop for guest use. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, juices, cereals and some pastries but no hot breakfast - enough to get your day started. Plus, if you're leaving early in the day they will happily prepare a to go breakfast for you which they did for me twice. Rooms - very comfortable, clean and dare I say spacious? Comfy bed with nice linens and plenty of pillows and blankets. They will change towels and sheets when you ask them so they are not wasteful. The room had a desk and plenty of storage. The location was clean, safe, comfortable and quiet - all around delightful. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Staying at the Daphne Inn is like staying at a friend's home. We had a 2 room suite that was very spacious and modern. There was a complimentary MAC computer for our use and they will even provide cell phones for local service or if you need help while in Rome. The restaurant suggestions from the very helpful staff were all excellent and I am very sure we would have never found them on our own. The location is perfect - short walking distance to major attractions, the red bus for getting around town, metro, shopping and restaurants. The Daphne is the epitome of an upscale boutique hotel with a superlative location. 2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: The front door is hard to find. It is on a narrow low traffic alley. We had a driver from Daphne Inn...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
chicago
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Alessandro, Rachel and Carlos treated my mother and I like family. Location is PERFECT! Amazing restaurant, Jazz club/wine bar and bustling sidewalk cafe all within 1/2 block. Pick-up the hop on hop off bus within 1 block @ Triton fountain. Accommodations are clean and modern.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family