“Great B & B with incredibly helpful staff!”
Review of Daphne Trevi

Daphne Trevi
Ranked #82 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. When we first arrived, they sat us down and helped us get familiar with the city map. They also made suggestions for restaurants, tours, walks, etc. On top of this, they made our reservations for dinner each night as well as for some of the art galleries. Sooo helpful! The B & B was located near the Barberini metro stop. It was easy to walk to most major sights, or you could take the metro to the farther ones. The rooms were small, but had everything we needed and were nice, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was great-cereal, rolls, meat, cheese, coffee, fruit, yogurt. Probably the best place we stayed in Italy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2010

The location is within walking distance of just a out every major site in Rome. We stayed in a jr. suite that was perect Big sitting room and bed room The staff is exceptional. They will orient you when you first arrive, tell you the best restaurants, where to shop, what to avoid and even take you on personal tours. I highly recommend and can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 10 August 2010

the location is very good.... close to the most popular areas and the metro station.
the rooms are small but "dignified" , clean and worthy of their price.As far as the service is concerned...there is a polite and helpful young man at the front desk from the other hand there is also a woman that when you ask her to book a taxi overcharges the rate (for god shakes from Daphne to the airport the taxi will take you 40 euros not 80)oh, i forgot the room with the twin bed next to the breakfast area does not have heat ...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irene_mous
Reviewed 21 June 2010

After searching for hours upon hours for a place to stay while in Rome for 3 nights I finally found this place on here. Majority great reviews led us to select it. What a great decision.
Shortly after booking I knew that this was the best decision I could make. I received so much great information and quickly responded to questions from the hotel staff prior to arriving. They were able to provide a very reasonably priced car service to and from the airport as well as arranging great well priced tours. In addition they reserved us seating for the Papal Audience. I felt very taken care of and prepared for our trip before even arriving.
As for the stay itself, we sat down with a member of the staff with a map and told him our plans for our stay. They made several recommendations for places to eat, drink and see etc... They made dinner reservations for us and everything. Let's put it this way... we had 1 bad meal in Rome and it was when we decided to not listen to the staff. LOL.
The hotel itself is on a typical Roman street. narrow, cobblestone and beautiful in it's own right. Great location to Metros and walking distance to most everything except the Colosseum which was easily accessible by the nearby metro. The room was fantastic, clean, modern and good size for Europe. Honestly, the room was just a place to sleep and it was perfect.
The best part of this stay is that it allows you to enjoy Rome for Rome and the staff makes the hotel worth every penny!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cttravelguy1983
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We recently traveled to 7 different cities on a European vacation and Rome was one of our stops. After intensive research, I decided to book Daphne Trevi. Unfortunately, it was the only big "miss" of the 7 hotels I booked for our trip. I was shocked that there were so many positive reviews on this site and that it is legitimately listed in so many other guides.

Disappointments:
- Loud adjoining breakfast room. We booked a double room with ensuite bathroom, which ended up being on the third floor. Unfortunately, the door is right off the kitchen and dining area for the breakfast room. I chose this hotel over another because I was worried of the loud street noise from the other hotel. Who knew I traded that for clinging glasses, the natural sounds of dining and the capaccuino machine beginning at 7am. There were three other rooms on the same floor, and they would've all experienced the same thing. I was shocked to see how close the rooms are to this area. In addition, those in that room or visiting the (slow) computer could surely hear showers, hair dryers and toilet flushes.

- Not as modern, clean and updated as expected. There were scuff marks on the walls, the "check-in" area is a cheap desk table and it just didn't feel "nice" or upscale. I looked at the photos again and think it makes it look so much nicer than it really is. The shower temperature really fluctuated...it would become scalding hot to the point that you would want to bust through the glass to avoid it and then freezing cold at points. This was quite frustrating.

-Location: This is my fault for not researching the location as much as I should've, but I didn't love the location at all once I got there and familiarized myself with the city. Yes, you will visit Trevi and probably the Spanish Steps area, but likely only once. It is also extremely touristy and chock full of people. After exploring for a few days, we really wished we would've been able to say by the Campo di Fiori area. It has a great plaza, several restaurants and is hopping with locals. It is close to Piazza Navona and centrally located to so many fantastic sites whether the touristy locations you must visit as well as areas with a great local feel away from souvenier shops. At first I was slightly concerned that the ally might seem a little unsafe, but it seemed to be okay, although it is full of dumpsters and we once passed a guy urinating. I definitely wouldn't want to stay there if I was alone. It is quite isolated, down a narrow ally street and as many others have mentioned, the main door is often not closed all the way. I would be nervous walking up the spiral staircase on my own too at night.

-This felt more like an upscale hostel than a hotel or bed and breakfast.

-There is only one person on staff b/t 7am-9:30pm, so if you have needs/questions regarding your itinerary, exploring the area, checking-in/out, you may have to wait until other guests are done.

Likes:
-cappucino/latte's in the morning
-helpful intro when you check-in that highlights points of interest on the map and suggested walking tour
-email communication offering to help with airport transfers, ensuring you have directions and offering to set up any tours/tickets.
-not that far from a taxi stand if needed.

It is also close to a metro stop, although you will likely find that this metro stop will require you to transfer to get to the line that takes you where you really want to go. The metro was so crowded (and therefore felt unsafe) and there seemed to be miles of walking to transfer lines, so we avoided this after our first use when arriving.

Overall, I was definitely very regretful of my choice and apologetic to my husband upon arriving. I would not recommend this hotel nor stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blunistgirl
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I just spent two nights here in May, 2010, and I would recommend it to anyone. It's clean and convenient - you stay on a quiet street but a two minutes' walk puts you right in the middle of everything you could want in Rome (Trevi Fountain, tour buses, and the metro to all other sites). The staff made you feel as if you were family that had arrived in town, and were always accessible even when the office closed (you actually get the owner's home number in case anything goes wrong - he lives nearby). The rooms are the most modern I had in all my Italian travels, and were very comfortable. I loved it that there was no TV because really, who needs TV when you're right down the street from Trevi Fountain?!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I loved the Daphne! I just stayed four nights in May and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were modern decorated and had very comfortable plush beds, plus the windows blocked out the street noise perfectly. It was also nice to have the sitting room/living room outside the bedrooms with the laptop internet use. It made it feel like you had more living space than just the bedroom.

The staff were exceptional in helping us plan our tours and trip before we arrived as well as once we were there. Once we arrived and were checking in at the front desk a staff member sat with us for over 20 minutes to show us where to go all over Rome. It was fantastic and we used the highlighted map the whole time we were there. Breakfast is included in the price and it was a great set up every morning. The Daphne provides the B&B/condo feel that makes you feel at home. We also loved the central location in Rome and it was nice to be near the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and the metro train station. I would highly recommend this hotel for the price, location, great room, and staff!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple