“Not value for money”

Freedom Traveller Hostel
Ranked #161 of 1,169 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Even if it's very close to Roma Termini, the double bedroom has the price of a hotel, but the quality of a hostel. I don't mind hostels, but when I use them I expect to be charged accordingly. There have to be better options in Rome, even in that area.

The bedroom was so tiny there was hardly space to put our suitcase. Everything seemed broken and not very clean.

Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here five nights, and I quite enjoyed it. It's quite big, especially my room, even though there was no bathroom attached. My only complaint would be the bathrooms - they weren't the cleanest and there was only two shared between my four bed dorm and the six bed dorm next to me. There's an elevator, but the stuff doesn't really like you using it so it didn't do me much good when I had to trek up to the fourth floor everytime. The staff was nice and helpful, and the all you can eat pasta for 5 euro was great, as well as the free pizza night that I had on the Tuesday. The breakfast was ok, just a pastry and some coffee from a machine, but I can't really complain since it was free. The location wasnt bad either, just a few blocks from termini station, which was useful. All in all, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Its an ok hostel. Not too clean but wouldn't say dirty. Rooms were ok. The air conditioning was frigid! When you put it on 16 celcius, it gets 16 celcius lol. Much better a/c then other places. Plus, when we couldn't find the place the receptionist came to where we we're to guide us to the hostel. A+ service.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had read reviews before I went saying that the hostel is hard to find! This is not the case it was literally a 3 minute walk from the central station! Our room was a private room so we in a different building which was really quiet and has excellent wifi and computer access! The rooms were nothing special but were comfortable and the bed was made everyday! The hostel ran free pizza and wine nights twice a week which were fantastic as you could meet people and have a chat!! Across the road was a pizzeria which offered unlimited spaghetti which was advertised in the hostel and we met lots of people there!! Breakfast was also free! I would 100% recommend this hostel! The location from all the sites was only a 15 minute walk away! Just perfect! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This place has cool vibes, a young/worldly clientele, and amazing staff. The room was not the cleanest or largest - nothing fancy. Shared bathroom was just fine. Good location about 15 minute easy walk to the Colleseum. Would probably return. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We arrived and had to wait for the lady at the desk to leave to do god know what. She gave us 5 keys for the room. We had a private room with huge stains on the comforter and the bed was disgusting. We left the next day quickly.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Alexander B
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was a fantastic find for the three of us who stayed in a triple room. (which actually had room for four!)
The quality of the facilities was as expected for the low price tag i.e not spectacular but this was more than made up for by the friendly staff. They were so helpful in planning our days out and even hosted free pizza nights.
The included breakfasts are also a big money saving perk.
Fab location and would definitely recommend it to any travellers out there who are looking for a good time on a budget and don't mind a wobbly toilet seat.

Room Tip: We had a private triple room but did see the communal rooms and they looked great too!