“****”

Ranked #154 of 1,120 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Bucharest, Romania
“****”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

If you don't expect you room to be all marble and gold and you only search for a place to get rest after an amazing day in Rome, then this is the right place to come. The staff and the location are the best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've stayed in better hostels, but it's not that bad.
A few of the good things is:
It's very close to the central terminal (although a 10-15min walk to other main attractions), price isn't that high compared to others, rooms & toilets are clean. It's quiet. I didn't have any security issues. I walked at night alone and nothing happened. Left things in the room and nothing hapened.
Cons:
Although breakfast is included, it's very cheap and not good. One of the receptionist wasn't nice but the other was....I guess it's just luck.
It's not a bad option if you're on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Juan G
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is fairly budget accomodation and so don't expect the Dorchester - but our experience was a great central location close to the Termini station with staff that were friendly, helpful and eager to please (special commendation to Frank the night-duty gentleman who helped out with personal generosity preventing a nighttime visit to find a 24hour Pharmacy- Thank you again- he personally gets 5 stars). Room was basic and ours had a bathroom that was happily functional and cleaned daily with fresh towels when requested. Breakfast was part of deal -though its was again basic - pastry and coffee- but a fair deal could be had in the evening with pasta or pizza and a beer- problem there is that you're in Rome! so plenty to chose from but if short on cash (and can't be bothered at supermarket) it offers a cheap alternative. We liked it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We used to stay in this hostel for 4 nights in late December. It happened so that we had to move to another room for each night. We had a bunk bed in a room for 4 with a personal bathroom. We had only one room with a shower on the floor, but still a toilet and a sink were private. I quess the hostel provided us with free towel on a bed. In the morning the hostel provided free breakfast consisting of tea, not a quite good coffee and a basket of croissants. We had our instant soups from a near shop. The kitchen was equipped with a fridge to freely keep your foods, a gas oven to cook pasta and an electric kettle to have a hot water. I do not remember if there was a microwave oven, I guess there wasn't.
By the way, the hostel provided us with a free pasta and wine in the opposite bar, and they also gave us a discount card for one meal in a nearby bar.
The hostel has a PC with free internet.
They have a free luggage room to keep the bags in.
The hostel is in 5 minutes walk from Termini - the central station wherefrom one may get to any place in Rome.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hostel put us in a room with BEDBUGS. When we tried to get a refund the man behind the front desk threw us out and physically threatened me and told me that I was stealing his money. DO NOT EVER STAY AT THIS HOSTEL, WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. It was expensive, the staff sucked and this place should be shut down permanently.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank countryhopper53

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Even if it's very close to Roma Termini, the double bedroom has the price of a hotel, but the quality of a hostel. I don't mind hostels, but when I use them I expect to be charged accordingly. There have to be better options in Rome, even in that area.

The bedroom was so tiny there was hardly space to put our suitcase. Everything seemed broken and not very clean.

Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here five nights, and I quite enjoyed it. It's quite big, especially my room, even though there was no bathroom attached. My only complaint would be the bathrooms - they weren't the cleanest and there was only two shared between my four bed dorm and the six bed dorm next to me. There's an elevator, but the stuff doesn't really like you using it so it didn't do me much good when I had to trek up to the fourth floor everytime. The staff was nice and helpful, and the all you can eat pasta for 5 euro was great, as well as the free pizza night that I had on the Tuesday. The breakfast was ok, just a pastry and some coffee from a machine, but I can't really complain since it was free. The location wasnt bad either, just a few blocks from termini station, which was useful. All in all, it was a good experience.

• Stayed August 2013