“very good for this type of guesthouse”
Review of Soggiorno Comfort

Soggiorno Comfort
Soggiorno Comfort
Ranked #2,230 of 3,735 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I am a budget traveler, in Rome for a funeral. I stayed over two weeks in the single room, was quite satisfied overall. The elevator entry is halfway up the first flight. Americans, be aware the "first" floor is up one in Europe. The staff all were great, housekeeping was outstanding. Very clean, also quiet, for Rome. I had plush towels, whereas nonplush are the norm in Italy. The location is convenient for buses, restaurants. Free computer use in reception. Single room is small but good value. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank sojourner85

Reviewed 16 January 2009

I had wonderful week in Soggiorno Comfort. First of all, thanks to very friendly stuff. They were wonderful, and warm people, helped a lot to get all kind of information about the center of the Rome. The rooms are clean eaven if the interior is astetic. The main thing we were worried about was the bathroom - and it was very ok, clean and spacy enought. We recomend this hotel to people who would like to stay at the center of the Rome, and not very demanding for luxury conditions.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoriasteps
Reviewed 25 October 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband and 9 year old son. Check in was easy, we had no issues. We were buzzed straight in and shown straight to our room. The young boys that manned the front desk were always pleasant and very helpful. They helped us find a parking garage for our car, which was a hassle as parking is a rare find in Rome. The actual room was good, definitely big enough. The bed spreads on the bed were dirty, I can only assume this is from people eating their breakfasts on their bed but the sheets were clean!! The shower was also dirty. Other then that the stay was good. We were asked what time between 7am and 9am we wanted our breakfast delivered and what kind of drinks we wanted with it. The place is only 10 minute walk to the Colleseum. Dont know if i would stay here again but it was a terrible experience. Good price and location but not your typical B&B.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank samwk
Reviewed 25 June 2008

First off, I would like to state that the rate and location were great. But that was about it.

The continental breakfast is a bun from a wrapper. They won't serve it earlier than about 8. There is no common area for breakfast or lounging around. Internet service is available, but staff is usually on it. TV and phone in my room never worked. Electricity was out for half a day (just in the B&B, everywhere else was fine).

The little gal (nicknamed Mussolina) was something else. She worked her but off cleaning and made sure she made enough noise that everyone knew about it regardless of how early it was. Do NOT try to check in 15 minutes early because she will not allow it and will let you know how outrageous that request is. She does not like you to use internet while she is working because she feels she must monitor your activity lest you chat which is not allowed (unless you are staff and then can chat, exceed the 15 minute allotment, or anything else you like).

I had a black sweater go missing while I was staying there. No big deal since it wasn't a high priced item but an indication of staff. Use the safe in your room if you do stay there.

I definiltely would not stay at this B&B again. Other guests had similar experiences as well. But we did enjoy each telling our stories of dear little Mussolina.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank AK_Syringa
Reviewed 26 March 2008

The bed was good and the price was ok, but there is no service. The single staff person on duty (three staff shared 24 hrs on a rotation) was so anti-service, it came across rude. We got up early for several tours, and to catch our flight home. The comment from front desk: "No breakfast until 7:30". "But how about some hot water to make instant coffee?". "NO! Nothing before 7:30." I mean I'm standing there looking at the kettle on the stove, I could have done it myself....It was like torture. Check-in time is stated to be 11:00am....but since they weren't ready, we were told (thru the intercom as we stood on the street with all our bags) to come back at 12:00! No wireless internet, but they said we could check e-mails with their computer...I found out that means only when the staff is not playing computer games, and even if you do get on, they kick you off after 5 minutes. They claim a breakfast each day.....it is American coffee (no espresso or cappuccino), one small glass of juice, and a pre-packaged croissant. It was very minimal, not sufficient for multiple days. I would not recommend this hotel/condo to any American, unless all you expected was a bed. They could be so much better with a little hospitable attitude. The place was, however, very clean.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2007

The location is the absolute best -- close to everything and restaurants nearby. They say they are on 2nd floor but when you go in you have to drag suitcases up with long marble stairs to a very tiny elevator . It takes you up to second floor but it seemed like many, many floors and then you have to drag your suitcases down some more flights of stairs. The B&B appeared to be in an apartment building, possibly offices. The photos are misleading - the foyer & rooms are very tiny. . One innkeeper spoke fairly good English and the other could hardly understand or speak any English. After checking into our tiny room, we discovered that the fan wouldn't work, AC wouldn't work and TV (English channel) would not work. They did not discount our stay for these things. The innkeepers could not solve the problems. Our room faced the street so there was lots of noise into the night if we had our windows open. There was lots of mold on the bathroom ceiling and wall. Our daughter had a single room the size of a closet and the mold on her bathroom wall was extremely bad. The good things were they arranged pickup at the airport and to the cruise ship. They had a computer we could use free of charge for checking email. Aside from the problems, they were very personable and truly tried to help.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2007

I stayed at the Soggiorno Comfort for one week in late February 2007 and I must say, compared to some of the other reviews I have read, I was pleasantly surprised.
The B&B is only 10 - 15 minutes walk away from the main Rome railway station, Termini. However the sign for the B&B is only a small gold plaque on the outside of the building, so it's not easily spotted from afar, as long as you have the directions and the building number, you will be fine. You need to 'buzz in' to the building and the B&B will be found on the second floor. (I believe the rest of the building to be residential). There is a lift, but you need to walk up half a flight of stairs to get to the lift and then either another half a flight up or down some stairs to the reception of the B&B as the lift is in between floors, so this probably isn't an ideal place to stay for those with mobility problems.
The B&B was beautifully, but basically decorated, no fancy mod-cons or fancy furniture. The rooms could be described as small, but there is enough room to store your things as well as live comfortably in the room. The room was clean and our towels were replaced every day. The room also has satellite T.V - some channels are fuzzy - but who wants to stay in and watch T.V anyway as there's so much to do in Rome?!
I found the three members of staff that were on shifts whilst I was there, really friendly and helpful. They were great for advice on the city and general queries. The staff give you a map of the city on your arrival and point out the sights to see and where they are. The reception is also open 24 hours a day, so if you want to stay out late or go out early there is always someone there to let you in.
Breakfast, like the B&B, is basic. You can have your breakfast any time between 07:30 am to 09:00 am and Breakfast is brought to your room. Breakfast consists of a Hot Drink, Juice, a Croissant and a small packet of 'Toastini's' and some butter and fruit compots. This was perfectly adequate to get you through the morning, until Brunch.
I would say overall this B&B was good value for money - we payed 525.00 Euros for a 7 night stay. It is excellently situated - it's pretty much in the middle of all the sights, albeit in a quiet street which eliminated a lot of the hustle and bustle of the more main streets, and we found that none of the sights were further than 20 minutes walk away. I would say it is ideal for couples, or small groups who just want somewhere convenient to stay, and are more likely to spend their time out and about and not those who want an atmospheric and romantic hotel as part of their trip to Rome.
I would definately return.

Stayed: February 2007