“2 Star? It should be a 1-Star!”
Review of Nazional Rooms

Nazional Rooms
Ranked #3,060 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Advantages:
-Great location on a main thoroughfare.
-Walking distance to the Termini/Metro Stops.
-A variety of nearby restaurants.
-Breakfast is at a nearby restaurant, but it's just a croissant and beverage.

Areas to Improve:
-We stayed here 12/24-12/27/12, for 4 nights. I understand that the 25th and 26th were holidays, but not once over the four nights/days did our room get clean. On our second night we had to request towels because they were not replaced. On night 3 I asked the Italian speaking male receptionist for towels and he got upset saying no and that I needed to wait for management to return. He did give us towels later in the night and said our room would be cleaned on the 27th. We checked out on the 28th and the room wasn't cleaned even a single time. I wanted to inquire about the room being cleaned, but after the towel confrontation I didn't think it was worth arguing over. We paid over $100/night US $ and felt we were at least deserved to have the trash emptied and dirty towels removed at least once over a 4 night stay.

Room Tip: There are tons of other hotels in the area, chose one of them instead.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The room was nice and clean, the owner was lovely and always there to help. It's located in the centre of Rome - 10 mins walk from Colosseum and 5 mins walk to Termini station. We walked everywhere as that's the best way to see Rome and it's close to everywhere really.
Breakfast that's included, is just around the corner in a lovely caffe / restaurant with delicious coffee and fresh pastry.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ag b
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I returned here because I was very satisfied on my last stay.
Nothing has changed.
The receptionist did his best to make me welcome.The service was very good once again.
I prefered the room I had been allocated last year but this was not really a problem.
The air conditioning was an advantage because the weather was very hot during my stay.
This economical hotel in the very centre of Rome continues to be an excellent choice for short breaks in what is a very expensive city.
Unfortunately I had an unpleasant experience in one of the side streets not far from the hotel.Two delinquents tried to snatch a necklace I was wearing (only costume jewellery) in Via Torino.
Via Nazionale is a busy road and I have never felt insecure there before.
This unpleasant episode has nothing to do with Nazional Rooms.
The only reason I include this comment is to avoid this happening to anyone else.Take great care when in Rome.The city does not seem to be as safe as it once was.
I will probably return to Nazional Rooms in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ANACARLO
Reviewed 2 September 2012

GOOD POINTS

5 mins walk from termini train station
Spar supermarket 50 metres away and Macdonalds even closer!!!
Air conditioning !!
free wi fi
CLean!!!!
20 mins walk to colosseum
fridge in room
very friendly

POINTS TO DEVELOP!!

No english channels on tv
Very slow lift
hotel not signposted so tricky to find !
Breakfast was very very small !!! I croissant juice and coffee and thats it!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Growndown
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

I booked our stay via Easyjet holidays. Having agonised over the various package flight and hotel options, I settled on the Nazional Rooms, largely based on other TripAdvisor reviews.

Firstly, yes it is a budget hotel, but that shouldn't take away from what it offers on top of the basics.

As already stated it is on the 4th floor above a wig shop (which I couldn't help but find amusing myself!) and can be accessed by stairs or lift. The reception is very small but in the day there was is usually someone around and so long as you make your requests clear, there shouldn't be a communication problem.

Our room was a double facing away from the main road, so was very quiet. The following facilities are available:
Private bath/shower room
Hairdryer
Wardrobe storage with hangers
Extra pillows/blankets
Digital safe
TV
Mini fridge (for your own purchases)
Air conditioning

We went in the middle of August and the air con and fridge were a God send in the sweltering afternoons!

We had no problem with towel replacements - just put them in the shower as requested and it new ones that morning. There was soap and shower creme available so bring other amenities you may require.

All in all a very straightforward stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The room was reasonably priced regarding the living conditions and location. There is nothing bad to say about the hotel. Service was good, the room was comfortable even though the bathroom was a little small and old. Vatican and Colosseum are a little far from the hotel, but the walk is till enjoyable. Didn't seem to have any good restaurants near by. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a budget traveler!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was the last stay from my 3 week vacation and understandly tired. The hotel is tucked in a building that has a wig shop on the ground floor and the smell of burnt hair with amonia was a bit of a turn off. Then you have to either walk up 3 flights of stairs or take a tiny elevator to the lobby. The staff was very helpful. The room was nice and big and the A/C worked well. Internet worked as expected - great location for all things touristy. Price was great considering Rome. For breakfast you need to walked down the block the a restaurant where you got the typical european breakfast. Don't think I would stay here again, but you can't beat the price. The biggest turn off was the main access to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple