“Excellent hotel for the price, central location, there's a reason there's not a single bad review.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nazional Rooms

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Nazional Rooms
Ranked #2,792 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

This was an excellent hotel. The owner was a hero, waking up in the middle of the night for us when we'd lost our key and left a wallet in the taxi. He made phone calls for us and went out of his way to help us out. We were able to leave bags in a room when we arrived early, and the same when we wanted to check out late.

There was free wifi, of a high enough speed to be able to have decent quality skype calls. Rooms come with safe and a small fridge. They're basic, but cleaned daily, and not as small as we were expecting.

Noise from the street again wasn't as bad as we might have expected. It's a really quirky place in a great location, an easy walk from the sites, and very close to the metro and Termini, the main railway/bus station.

The free breakfast in the morning includes a hot drink, orange juice and a pastry from proper Italian cafe just round the corner of the street.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

National Rooms is conveniently close to Termini station and the Republique metro station, and also is on Nazionale Rd, which buses run along frequently, therefore, it's easy to get around.
There is a small lift in the building, which was very nice if you have heavy suitcases, or if you've been walking around Rome all day.
They cleaned our room everyday, including making our beds, which was really nice. The staff/owner was really nice and friendly.
There is aircon/heater, towels, a mini fridge, a safe box(which mine didn't work), and TV.
The walls were quite thin though, as noise in the small hallway could be heard through closed doors, and also traffic noise from outside could be heard, even with the window shut. Also, the toilet is our room was quite loud. When flushing, a loud screeching is heard everytime.
There are good food establishments near the hotel, and the gentlemen at the cafe where breakfast is served are nice and friendly.
Would recommend this place for budget travellors who don't need anything more than the basics.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank livedie
Brisbane QLD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

I stayed at the Nazionale Rooms in July. they are on the 4th floor of a building (look for the mirrored corridor with wigs on display). There's a teeny tiny lift that you get a key for, and you are given a key for the front door, and then the hotel door on floor 4. The room that I was in was a single, it was functional, large enough for one, tv, mini fridge, airconditioning, cupboard and ensuite. Bed was comfortable, and the noise levels were fine (which is a win in rome). Breakfast is downstairs and at the bar around the corner, OJ, coffee & italian croissant. The bar also does gelato was was delicious late at night after a long day sight seeing. Personally I thought it was brilliant for me as a solo traveller for a few days.

Nazionale Rooms is on Via Nazionale which is about 5 minutes walk from Termini Station. I thought it was very central, there are a multitude of hop on/hop off buses stopping at the end of the street (Repubblica) which means you're a bus ride away from everything and there are a few very tasty restaurants open late around as well. I enjoyed just choosing a direction and walking, which is how I came to see many of the sights in rome as well as just marvelling at the buildings and the history the place has.
I would definately stay again and would definately recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnieZela
istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

excellent location, close to Termini station but far enough from the mayhem over there. Just in the middle of city center. very clean rooms, friendly staff, air condition, free wi-fi, refrigerator in the room, very close to supermarket.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hakanakdag58
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

Stayed for 3 nights with family of 4. They were able to accommodate us in one room, although cramped with the 3(4) beds - the room was quite adequate, clean and safe. Air conditioning worked - although not quite cool enough for us - we asked for a fan in addition which was supplied right away and made the room comfortable. Staff was good - and right there for anything we needed - Fabio was very nice and helpful. My son used the free WiFi every night as he is taking online college classes over the summer and the connection was good - no problems at all.
The location was wonderful! Easy walking distance to most tourist sites. Bus station less than 10 min walk and Metro even closer. Bus stops on street just outside the hotel will take you to the Vatican. Good location for restaurants.
As mentioned in other reviews - breakfast is at a small restaurant just around the corner - juice, croissant and your choice of hot beverage. I had Cappuccino and my sons got Hot Chocolate - both were very good. Not a 'hearty' breakfast, but a typical breakfast for this area - and enough to get you started for the day.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel (B&B) again! On a previous visit, we stayed at the Artemide just across the street - but Nazionale Rooms was such a great price and the same location - and quaint. If you're looking for a US type hotel - this is not it, but personally, we spend very little time in our room - we're there to see the city!
My sightseeing tips: We didn't really find the hop on hop off buses to be a real value for Rome on our last visit, so this time we walked to most sites and did just fine. If you're going to the Colosseum - definitely get the Roma Pass before you go - skip the very long lines and head right up to the front through the middle section of the line. Don't buy souvenirs right outside the Colosseum - they're 25 - 50% cheaper elsewhere - plenty of shops on Via Nazionale If you like art at all - don't miss the Borghese Gallery - if you have the Roma pass - call them for reservations - no booking fees. Roma Pass also gets you free bus/metro rides. Rome has fantastic free drinking water everywhere! Take a bottle with you to fill up or just buy your first bottle of the day at the grocery store and refill at the fountains all day for free. And lastly - if you have an iPod or MP3 player - download the Rick Steve's Rome tours for free online. They were wonderful and saved us quite a bit of money instead of using a guide or renting audio guides at each site. With all that saved money - visit my favorite restaurant - Target - just around the corner from Nazional Rooms. My favorite dish which I couldn't wait to have on my return visit is a large ravioli type pasta with a pear filling and truffles - my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasAC
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

In case this review appears too long, here is a small breakdown of the pros and cons:

Pros:Great location near Termini Staion, easy to walk to most sighs in Rome, near a grocery store, great service and friendly staff, very clean. Breakfast was small but very good and in a very friendly little cafe around the corner. Room had everything we needed, including a fridge and wi-fi!

Cons: Compared to some of our later stays on the trip, this hotel seemed just a little bit too expensive, but I think we would have gladly payed the extra 20 euro to stay here again instead of the other hotel we stayed in, Hotel Teti, when we came back to Rome for the last 2 nights of our trip. National Rooms was cleaner, and in a better location for sights.

Pro for us, con for others possibly: The street noise if the window is left open is loud, but for us we prefer this to dead silence because we sleep better with noises. Other than that the walls are pretty soundproof and the window blocks out most noise. Compared to some of our other rooms later on, this room was definately the quietest.

Read on for more details:
National Rooms, or Nazional Rooms, as it's named here on Trip Advisor, was my boyfriend and mine's first hotel/bed and breakfast experience on our vacation in Italy, and it definately made for a great first impression for us. Keep in mind though, that we were trying not to stay in any 4, 5, or even 3 star hotels, in order to save money...so our expectations may have been a bit lower than some people's. This bed and breakfast was a little hard to find once we found the street that it is on, Via Nazionale. It is actually through an entry way which is apparantly the display for the wig shop on the first floor. As you walk through the entry way you are surrounded by wigs in glass casing. It was actually pretty cool I thought and we always knew which hole in the wall to enter thanks to all the brightly displayed wigs! The only sign I remember seeing for the bed and breakfast was small, and engraved onto the golden panal for the doorbells just to the right of the entry way full of wigs. The main man that runs the hotel was very pleasant and helpful whenever we had questions. Our room had a phone, a little fridge (great because there is a grocery store just down the street called Despar. Take a right out from the wig-full entry way), a TV, and we had Wi-Fi for our iTouch. Everything about the hotel and room was clean. They replaced any towels that we needed them too and cleaned the room everyday.
Probobly the best thing about the bed and breakfast was the breakfast down at "Il Barocco", the little cafe where the breakfast was served. The is just around the corner from the bed and breakfast at cafe owned and run by Italians. The older gentleman that is usually at the "cassa" (register) is very friendly and always has a smile for you. This being our first B&B experience in Italy, we weren't sure exactly what to expect. Every time we walked in they told us to make ourselves comfortable and then brought us two cappucini, two pastries, which were different every day, and two glasses of orange juice. After some of our breakfasts later in our trip, this one seems like the smallest, but the little cafe was so cute and the staff was so nice and in retrospect it was nice to go outside of the hotel for the breakfast to have kind of a different surrounding.
We would definately stay at National Rooms again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aimusk
DublinIreland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

I am going to start this review with my only negative comment which is this ... the place is noisy !! . I stayed in the single room which faced out onto Via Nazionale . Its a busy main road with an incline , a constant stream of traffic ,small engine cars revving to get up the rise and a local police force who must be getting a pay bonus for every time they set off the sirens on their vehicles . This was a tough place to get a good nights sleep but I am not sure I can hold that against the establishment . This street is lined with hotels , many of them 4 stars and I am sure they have the same problems with noise too . I didnt stay there so I could sleep , I stayed there so I could explore Rome from a convenient and safe base and on that criteria this place ticked all the boxes .... Rome is a big city so its great to know that this B&B is simple to find . Its 5 minutes walk from Termini, the main hub for incoming and departing trains and coaches . You just put your back to Termini , walk past a fountain , then take a left and its right beside MacDonalds . Some areas in Rome feel a bit unsafe as you walk through them but this street felt just fine . Robberies appear to be a problem in many hotels but I would like to see someone try to break in here . A door from the street requires a key. Then its up 4 stories by lift or stairs to a second door which needs another key . Once inside you the have a key for your room . It felt very secure . As for location its ideal . Its a few minutes walk to the Collosseum and an easy stroll on to places like the Trevi Fountain . The street has a lot of hotels so you wont stand out as a tourist but its not the main tourist area so the nearby bars and restaurants serve a large number of local Italians too . The place was really clean , spotless in fact and the staff were really helpful . Let me emphasis this ... I was one of the many Volcano refugees stranded in Rome when the skies were shut down . I phoned Nazionale Rooms on the way back from Airport and was immediately offered my room back at the same rate even though it was now coming into the weekend . This is significant because in the nearby bars that night I heard many tales of people having to pay double or triple their room rate in other hotels or be faced with spending the night on the streets . Once back at my room one of the staff offered me the use of his personal laptop so I could use their free WiFi to sort out my affairs ( thanks for that !! ) ,as a result I had a lot less stress than others . As for price I paid 50euro a night which was great value ........ One small thought for the owner . You should add a kettle to the rooms for tea making and maybe I missed the safe in the single room but if you dont have one then add one . Overall I would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo