“a nice place to stay”

Clarion Collection Hotel Principessa Isabella
Ranked #180 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
“a nice place to stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel in August of 2012. We loved every minute of the two weeks we spent in the hotel. We were treated like family from the Limo driver to the several reception people, Mauro and Santino ,the bell man Oleg, the maids and Amedeo. I can not say enough about the Breakfast and the person managing it who's name I am sad to say I can not remember. We came to Rome to celebrate our 10th Anniversary and our vow renewal ,everyone was so helpful and happy for us. We love this hotel. The clean well appointed building and rooms really gave us the Roman feel. The location was great because it was near the very high priced hotel location but only blocks away. Close to a bus stop that can take you anywhere in town. Walking distance to local restaurants that the locals frequented which made us feel less like tourists. We loved it so much we are going back for Christmas this year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ludovici, Direttore at Clarion Collection Hotel Principessa Isabella, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
A wonderful pleasure to read you review, I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us

I am Happy you enjoyed your stay with us,
the décor and aesthetics is a very important part of who we are and we have a wonderful Design Team who works closely with our owners to create a chic and sophisticated feel throughout and yet retain the warmth of welcome we pride ourselves upon.

We know that details make all the difference, and it is for this reason that we are meticulous about order, cleanliness and hygiene in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel. In our experience these are the details that count the most.

The quality of a hotel is also measured by how well you sleep and thus, by the quality of your bed: the place where you will spend most of your time during your stay in our hotel. We pay particular attention to the quality of the mattresses, the types of pillows available.

We have different room categories which vary significantly in size and layout and I am very confident we have a room that will tick both the space and value box for all of our guests.

I am most pleased that our staff, we have an incredibly passionate team who genuinely cares and want to be part of our guest experiences and it is always incredibly motivating when their passion for service delivery is so beautifully reflected in one of our guests’ stays.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Principessa Isabella and that you had the time to visit our roof garden.
Dear guest, we hope we will get the chance to welcome you to Hotel Principessa Isabella soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can assist you.

The entire team is more than delighted to make your next stay even more enjoyable!

Best wishes,
Amedeo Sante Mauro and all the staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new pymouth
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Located centrally in the old Roma city this hotel is close to major tourist attractions and restaurants.The rooms were clean, well kept, had free Wifi.The staff were all fantastic especially Sante at reception. Nothing was too much trouble and all spoke great English. We will be recommending this hotel and will be visiting again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nancy19662013
Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Hotel Principessa Isabella is located in a quiet part of Rome, within walking distance to all main attractions and facilities. Less than 10 minutes walk from the Spanish Steps.... which then leads to many other attractions within walking distance: The Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, etc.......
Hotel staff were very helpful with giving advice and arranging taxis and the likes.
Our room was spacious, with firm comfortable beds; our bathroom was spacious, modern and clean.
Breakfasts were superb - Always fresh goodies and an ample spread.
My wife, my 13 year old daughter and I were exceedingly happy with the experience of staying at this hotel for 4 days. Excellent value for money and highly recommendable.

Room Tip: We booked a Family Room - It was perfect for our needs. Loved it!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Martin M
Ludovici, Direttore at Clarion Collection Hotel Principessa Isabella, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Martin,
It’s a real pleasure to “meet” You on Tripadvisor, and with such a good review! All the staff of the Hotel Principessa Isabella is glad to know that You and Your family have appreciated Your stay here and we hope You will come visit us again in the future: You will be very relished Guests! Best regards!
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel at a bargain price. My room was a great size with a balcony overlooking a quiet street. Great breakfast included. Located near the Borghese park, it was a 20 minute stroll to the historic city centre. Highly recommend. Book direct rather than through other websites - it was much cheaper that way.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rhoda M
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank You for such a good review. We invite You to come visit us again when You will be in Rome in the future: You will be our relished Guest.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I loved this hotel. It is an old property that has been completely renovated and modernized to today's standards.Located on the Via Veneto, th hotel is well located for sightseeing and It's not far from the Spanish steeps and all main places of Rome.The rooms were spacious and elegant and the staff friendly and accommodating.Will definitely be our first choice to stay at if we were to visit Rome again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spencer112013
Ludovici, Direttore at Clarion Collection Hotel Principessa Isabella, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Spencer,
thank You for such a good review! All the staff of the Hotel Principessa Isabella is happy to know that Your stay at our Hotel was pleasant and we really hope to meet You soon again! Best whishes!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked a triple room in July online for 3 nights for me and my parents as part of a trip to celebrate my mother’s 80th birthday in September this year. Unfortunately my internet connection went down and as I received no confirmation of booking page, I went through the booking process again. On checking my email account the next day I then saw that I’d received 2 booking confirmation emails with identical guest names, room type and dates.

I called the hotel immediately after seeing the emails. I thought as this was an obvious error, and two months in advance of the stay, although the booking rate was listed as non-refundable, that the hotel would also see this and make sure I only paid for one booking. The person I spoke to told me that he had noticed that two bookings had come through but they were non-refundable and there was nothing they could do, and perhaps I could invite some friends to take the extra rooms!

I then e-mailed the director, Mr. Ludovici, asking for his help, but received a reply from The Management again refusing a refund, and telling me that it had been automatically “charged” to the system. Even the Choice Hotels Group tried to help me, but they were also refused.

Whilste I appreciate that the hotel is within its rights not to refund the money (£630.12, a considerable sum), I’ll leave it up to the reader to decide if they want to stay somewhere that treats its customers like this – if you do, be very careful if you book online.

I should add that we were offered compensation on checking out - for 62 Euros, which I refused. All I can say is that the whole experience has been very upsetting and has ruined what should have been a very joyous occasion for our family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank 74Awaruku
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband & myself stayed at this Hotel for three nights. Firstly, the two staf who greeted us, didnt care whether we were there or not. They told us to go away for an hour and our room may be ready. We did apologise for being early. Didnt have a choice as we were travelling from Florence. We finally came back and still were kept waiting, while another couple walked in and were looked after before us. Finally, given the room key and told to find our own way. To find a room the size of a shoe box and situated 1 meter from the lift. We could hear the motor power-up everytime someone pressed the lift button. Plus we had stained towels in our ensuite. The water did not drain away properly when showering.
The breakfast was very ordinary compared to what the other Hotels offered.
We were doing the Pompeii Tour the next day (16hour day) so asked if we could have breakfast a out 6am. No that was not possible either (even though we had paid for it).
Then the taxi we used (ordered by the concierge) charged us double for the base rate as you enter the vehicle. Then at the end of the fare, the total of €12.20 (should have been €9.20) then claimed he didnt have change from a €20.00 note.
I will never re ommend this Hotel to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LINDI P
Ludovici, Direttore at Clarion Collection Hotel Principessa Isabella, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest, we are sorry to know that Your stay at the Hotel Principessa Isabella was not pleasant for You. We would like to point out that the breakfast room opens at 7 am: You have asked to have breakfast an hour before the opening and in the kitchen there weren’t no one able to make you something to eat. It was our fault, maybe, but it is clear in the terms all that You need to know about our Hotel and its services. Our rooms were recently renewed and there are not rooms so little as You have wrote. And finally, about the taxi, You can’t complain with us, because it is not a service we offer to our Guests.
We apologize again if You didn’t like our Hotel but we want to invite You to visit us one more time the next time You will be in Rome to have the chance to change Your mind about the Hotel Principessa Isabella. Best regards.