My husband n I stayed here 6 nights here, there are things we loved about this hotel n some, not so crazy about...
Here is the list of pros
- this hotel is in a perfect location, right above the metro A station repubblica, also 5 minutes walk to the main terminal Termini, there are buses n trains can take you almost everywhere in Rome; plus there is a McDonald's n cinema right next to the hotel, the street Nationale next to the hotel has many boutique stores n grocery stores, u can get everything done within blocks. So we will give a+ for the location
- we stayed at the deluxe room449, from research we learnt that some of the delux rooms has private balcony facing the plaza so we made a request while booking 2 months ago n soon received confirmation from hotel. The room is amazing! Spacious, high Celine, luxury decorated, we loved everything about it, the balcony is a highlight, n we loved the day n night view from it, the bathroom is also huge with two sinks bath n shower, full deluxe amenities from Etro
- the soundproof is very good. I rarely hear anything from outside the room, even inside the room, you won't hear the people in the bathroom once the door shuts, n same as the balcony door, once it's shut, u wont hear much at all, we slept so well everyday
- the lobby is also a very comfortable n relaxing place to loung around, n the outdoor seating is very popular too, but u have to consume something from the lobby bar, I believe.
- the gym is at 4F, in a room almost the same size of our room, the running machine is facing the balcony which gives great view while running. Next to the spa n salon.
- there is a outdoor pool but unfortunately it's closed while we were there, but I heard its very popular during summer.
- the house keeping is very efficient n consistant, our room is always clean n neat, n they come around ask what u need, new towels or slipper etc during the turn down service- only wish they could bring ice too like some hotels in US.
Here comes the cons,
- our biggest issue is the wifi, u need to input 8 digits password n username every time u log in- even when u stop using for a few minutes, u have to re log in again, and the worse part is, it's disconnect All The Time, we must spent hours during our stay to wait n reconnect, we called the guest service, they are aware of the problem, said they r working on it, but nothing has changed in our 6 days of stay
- even the bathroom is huge, the shower room is very small, and there is a design fault, plenty of water will come out of the shower room door during the shower, it's like flood around the shower every time
- the quality of the bath towels n rob do not match the standard of everything else this hotel has to offer- besides the wifi, it's very rough n uncomfortable, maybe it's too old?
- there is no ice machine here so we have to order ice from the bar at the lobby every time, it was quite hot while we were there so we called quite few times n some times can take up to 30-45 minutes n a couple phone calls to get it, n they won't let u just go down there n take the ice, because of "security concerns", guess they must lost a lot of ice buckets before? I can't imagine how annoying will that be during summer for both guests n the staff...
We saw review of complains about the concierge, luckily ,most of time we did our reserch quite thoroughly so we rarely use the concierge service. for the two things I asked them to do over email before arrive, they did both n respond very quickly so I can't complain anything.
In general, we loved this hotel n will def consider stay here again and recommend to our friends, just to warn them about the wifi....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending modern sophistication with a traditional 19th-century palace design, the Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection, is a truly breathtaking sight to behold and unparalleled stay to experience. Sitting gracefully in the renowned Piazza della Repubblica,stunning Paris landmarks such as the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum are only a short trip away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Exedra Hotel Rome
- Boscolo Exedra Rome
- Exedra Hotel Rome