“Beautiful location and hotel”

Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection
Ranked #84 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Prices for food/drinks on the terrace are outrageous but that is to be expected at a five star Rome hotel. Free daily breakfast we received was amazing, definitely five stars. Only gets "very good" b/c the concierge was frequently missing in action (not at the desk) & guests, myself included, had to walk to the front desk to find the concierge.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My rating on Exedra is positive. The hotel is located in Piazza della Rupubblica. The location is great because it's quite close to the train station and to the bus stop. There is a great view especially from the terrace of the hotel.
I stayed in a deluxe room. The room was spacious, with very comfortable bed.
Breakfast is also very good and plentiful.
The hotel also has a wellness area and a swimming pool but I didn't use.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Beautiful Hotel and our family of five had three fabulous nights here. The decor is stunning, staff friendly and helpful and managed to find us two rooms at 11pm at night when the four star Hotel booked by our travel agent turned out to be a two star and unbearable!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This was a disppointing experience. Impressive facade to the hotel behind a wide colonnade. Foyer area massive with high ceilings and chandeliers - this was the only lounge and was not comfortable - no atmosphere whatsoever. Bedrooms very spacious and well designed - although the internal layout of the hotel is a bit of a maze.

Food and drink prices astronomical - 49 Euros for a tea, coffee, whiskey and a brandy. We only had one and visited local bars after that.

Hotel is well located with a Metro Station right outside.

Good range of well priced local pizzerias and restaurants within a 300 yard radius. We used these extensively!

For a 5* hotel, we were surprised to hear that they had no bacon on two following days. Surely someone could have gone out and bought some at a local supermarket - to hear that "they were waiting for deliveries" was NOT good enough for a 5* hotel

Room Tip: Hotel is right on a very busy roundabout and with Italian drivers constantly using their horns, a ro...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel is really great and it's in a perfect location. I came with my husband by train and the hotel's location was very convenient because the distance from the station is short. Moreover it's easy to move from the hotel to visit the city (thanks to the aid of the staff).
The hotel is very large and luxurious. Hall is really elegant and exclusive. I booked a deluxe room that was large and spacious, the bed was very large and comfortable. To our delight we also had a balcony, small but with a great view of the square. Also nice bathroom, very comfortable, excellent presence of two sinks.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a week and it was perfect. The staff were very helpful and always willing to cater to our every need, from sending someone up to open a bottle of wine to making whatever dessert I pleased at 11pm (menu or no menu) typical service of what you would expect of 5 stars and we were in no way disappointed. The concierge recommended an area with some traditional restaurants. The area is fairly busy and lively and it can be a little hard digging around the for somewhere quiet so this advise was appreciated. The bartender at the rooftop pool bar was a gem! He remembered me and my favourite drink :) the room was made up everyday and turned down at night always fresh and clean and the SHOWER! Oh the perfectly pressurised shower and big bath were heaven after a day of sight seeing. The hotel did take a 250€ hold for incidentals (which I was not expecting) this is because we only had a debit card, I think for credit cards its only 50€, we had pre-paid for the room and any further charges or holds would have been nice to know about prior to check-in due to juggling different currencies and a travel card. It didn't matter though because we charged more than that amount to the room anyway and it was just deducted at the end of our stay. I will stay here on my return visit to Rome and I am keen to stay at any other hotel in the Boscolo chain based on my experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I enjoyed very much Boscolo Exedra.
The location is very central and convenient for visiting the city.
The hotel is very large but at the same time there is a peaceful and quiet atmosphere.
My room was very spacious and well prepared. Bed and pillows were comfortable, bathroom spacious and clean.
Breakfast is expensive but I was able to find many different products

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo