“Lovely stay and some very nice touches” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection

Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection
Ranked #88 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
UK
“Lovely stay and some very nice touches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here for one night on business last week and it was lovely. My room was very big (a plus in a European city) and had everything I could need.

I was visiting the hotel with a view to using it as a location for an event, and as such got to see a range of rooms that they offered. They were all lovely and I really liked those in the grannery (even if they do not have views)

On returning to my room before dinner I was greeted with a bottle of bubbly which I enjoyed waiting for the royal baby to emerge from hospital :-)

A very lovely stay and I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed there in April 2008 and 2009 first time a week with my daughter, magic, so near all the site and the staff were so nice, the rooms luxurious , loved it, I went back for my silver wedding anniversary and plan to visit again, one of my most favourite places in the world, selecting yr 2012 but no option, but stayed in 2008/ 2009

Room Tip: When I stayed with my husband the view from our room over looking the fountains in the square was so...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a short three day tour of Rome. The hotel is well located and i must say is quite beautiful. The rooms are big and i loved the luxury linens and towels. The decor of the rooms made you feel like you were staying in a castle with its high ceilings and Rococo mirrors. Its a very big hotel so if you like boutique hotels this isn't really the right fit. Service - well service is always a little off in European hotels - sometimes i wonder if it is our expectations or if its just what European standards are. We had drinks at the bar facing the magnificent fountain - scenery was great but the service was very very slow- a half hour to get a drink is excessive to me, Breakfast service was also slow but the food was good and the scenery beautiful. Despite this shortcoming i really felt Royal staying at this hotel - i really loved the vibe and thought my room was magical . Rooms are $$$ though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for only one night . The service was great from the hostess front desk and the pool area. The suite was perfect! Expensive but it was worth it. The location is good, you can walk and get to the coliseum. Very safe area

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
new york, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here for the last 2 nights of our honeymoon. It was meant to be the ending highpoint and was fairly lackluster.
The front desk staff were well trained, friendly, and very good and put us in a unique room and beyond that I would not recommend this hotel especially at the price point.
The bathroom and room decor was nice as was the lobby but it felt large and anonymous.
The location in the city was moderately good but on our next visit we will choose to stay closer to Piazza Navona.
As noted by other travelers, the pool is a bit of a joke.
It was very easy to get to the Termini station for the train to Naples or the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stombaugh
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel has lovely rooms, not all have a view of the fountain or the park. Location is nice -- near train station, metro, buses and taxi stand. You can walk to almost anywhere if you don't mind walking. The amenities are nice, great water pressure for the shower and nice soaking tubs. As others have mention the staff can be very helpful or leave you shaking your head. We were with others who needed laundry service while there and were not interested in the $$ for the hotel laundry service and the hotel would not recommend a laundry nearby -- just doesn't make sense. Again the ice was an issue. We did fine the internet worked well. The pool although small is nice. I thought the beds were hard but others didn't, so it is a personal thing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler CT
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our experience with this hotel started out kind of rocky but improved over the 4 nights we were there. For the price we paid and for this hotels rating it should have been outstanding from start to finish. We left slightly disappointed.

Pros:
- Hotel is gorgeous.
- Rooms were spacious and nice
- It has a pool (and it was Hades hot when we there)
- Close to the train station and metro station
- Beds are very comfy

Cons:
- Customer Service (Details below)
- WI-FI - they have it but it is pretty crappy and their current log-in system is terrible.
- Pool closes kind of early (6pm).
- Food and drinks expensive (although we knew this going in)

Our main issue with this hotel was the customer service. In potential defense of Exedra, it might have a little to do with the fact that we had just come from Florence where the customer service at the hotel we stayed at was outstanding. We got a lot of attitude from the Front Desk and Concierge at Exedra. The few times we asked for something it was like we were asking for their first born. Which is annoying because not one of these times was there a line of people waiting and they were not overly busy. We live in New York City and are world travelers so we are not overly sensitive to attitude nor are we at all needy. We are also native southerners so the attitude didn't start with us. The first night we were there we had plans to go out and needed some ice to chill a bottle of wine we had bought in Tuscany. They have ice machines on the hotel floors but they don't work (which they acknowledged). One of the workers in the hotel bar was extremely rude to us when we asked for a cup of ice and wanted to charge us $12 EURO. FOR ICE! Another worker had overheard us and snuck us a bucket of ice (which was nice). The next day the rude worker found us and apologized claiming that it was a language issue and he didn't understand what we needed. Fine, but was the attitude necessary? Another morning we were rudely told to leave the table and chair area outside of the hotel because it was reserved for the bar area. Granted there were 20 other tables with NO ONE there and we were just trying to sort out our directions for sightseeing that day. I get it but once again with the unnecessary attitude (they did know we were guests there and not just squatters).

I guess the frustration is this is the kind of hotel where they are going to charge you for sneezing left instead of right. I am fine with that. I am fine with paying $12 EURO for a yummy margarita or $50 EURO for food when you come home slightly over served but please if you are going to overcharge and up-charge me for everything - at least smile and be friendly while you are doing it? I left feeling like an aTm machine instead of a valued guest.

For my American friends this is the equivalent of the W in Times Square or the Bellagio in Vegas. It's only luxury because it is pretty, new and the soap products are fancy. In 10 years it's going to be the MGM grand and a complete tourist trap rip off hotel unless they fix a few things.

I would not recommend this hotel. If I go back to Rome I will find a smaller more boutique type hotel that has better customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends