“Family trip”

Ranked #85 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Egham, United Kingdom
“Family trip”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed in interconnecting premium rooms during the last week of August. It was amazing. We chose the hotel for location and pool and whilst the pool was not the largest, it was welcomed after a hot day walking around Rome! Both rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and the service was fast, polite and welcoming. Internet was a little sporadic unless you were in a business suite or foyer, but otherwise couldn't be faulted. We have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels and this is one that didnt disappoint. We would definitely stay there again on a future trip to Rome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We are currently staying here, and with the exception of one major irritation, have been happy. An impressive venue, with friendly, and mostly helpful staff. Well located, clean, and pleasant for the price. Only major fault, which would deter me from recommending this hotel is the terrible Internet in our room AND the failure if the hotel to address this despite being notified everyday of our stay. We were told this would be addressed but 3 days later it seems nothing has changed. The Internet at best is not useful and at worse extremely frustrating - to the point that we had to go out and buy data packages for our phone to check emails and plan our days. Do not pay any additional amount for this service - it was included in our stay - as it would be a rip off at any price.

• Stayed August 2013
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel is a five star hotel,has a great location in Rome with a huge piazza and fountain infront.As well as a metro station at its door.the rooms are excellent and clean.the only complain I have is the service at the reception.wasn't easy dealing with them and getting what we ask for.no view in particular.it was so easy getting around to other parts of Rome!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rasha N
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I took mark for his birthday , I booked a junior suite , it was beautiful , a lovely lounge area with an upstairs , electric curtains that opens up to see Rome !!
Staff were fantastic
The Restarant outside was gorgeous small portions this was fine for myself but mark could of eaten some more , but the quality and service certainly makes up for it
All the staff were accommodating and couldn't do enough for u

Rome is an amazing place do the tours as u learn much more about this beautiful city x
This hotel is a little out from the attractions but you have a tube station right outside the hotel or plenty of taxis

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August in a superior room. The hotel is absolutely stunning inside and out; on arrival in Piazza della Repubblica, my girlfriend was marvelling at the beauty of the exterior and when I pointed out that it was our hotel and she nearly fainted. I pulled up in my hire car and two gentlemen quickly whisked away the baggage and my girlfriend while I returned the car (by the time I returned, my girlfriend was in a dressing gown??). Inside, the reception area is similarly immaculate and in-keeping with the style of the building. The room was very clean and smartly decorated, and the bed was the biggest I have ever seen, although a little firm for my taste. The concierge was very helpful and the hotel even sent up a complimentary bottle of Prosecco shortly after we arrived, which was fantastic. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel, partly because it didn't appear to be good value for money, and partly because there are so many other restaurants and bars to discover in walking distance due to the great location. The only bad thing I can say about my stay is that after pre-authorising my credit card at check in, I received a note the following day to ask if I could come down and do it again, presumably because they had misplaced the receipt. Other than that, a perfect stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed 4 nights here in a Deluxe room. Fantastic location: definitely recommended. 10 mins walk from Rome Termini train station where the train takes you into from the airport. Metro station right outside, taxi rank right outside, 5 mins from Open-top bus tour stop, 15-30 mins walking distance to all major sites.
Room was spacious and luxuriously decorated (beds were uncomfortably hard- beware!), pool was fab (although small and only a few sun beds) but little things missing like tea and coffee making facilities were a little annoying given the price we had paid. Room service, breakfast, drinks and extras were all hideously expensive but given everything was available outside the front door it wasn't an issue - just a shame you felt like they thought their guests were mugs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Me and my family stayed there for 4 nights, enjoyed every minute.
We arrived at the hotel at 12 noon, there was no superior rooms available so they gave us deluxe ones instead. Breakfast was amazing, even for a person like me who doesn't eat everything in the morning.The location was superb, right to the "Nazionale" street which had a lot of shopping stores and very good restaurants, all the historical places were in reach of just a walk of maximum 30 mins.
Overall, amazing vacation :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family