“Stylish, friendly hotel, very conveniently located...”

Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection
Ranked #85 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Centreville, Virginia
“Stylish, friendly hotel, very conveniently located...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Gorgeous lobby and lobby bar. Excellent breakfast and lovely view from the windows of the breakfast room. Pricey, but it's a splurge that's worth it. Upgraded rooms/suite have a bedroom loft with floor to ceiling window views of the piazza.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monsey, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for three nights and we were very happy with the stay. Location was good, staff was friendly and room was well decorated and clean. However, there were minor issues that are holding me back from giving the highest rating. I would also say that its a 4.5 star hotel, not a five star. It's just missing that final touch and attention to detail that I expected. Nevertheless, I would repeat, especially in the summer, when the pool would be usable (its not heated and we could not use it at the end of May).

Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 7 June 2014

3 sites...5 star all the way! Concierge Valentina and waiter Nicola were very helpful. Claudia at reception very pleasant. Well located and superior accommodations are worth the upgrade. Room 453 had small walkout balcony and terrific view of fountain in piazza della republica.

Room Tip: 453...see written description
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Boscolo Exedra has wonderful old world charm in a modern and elegant package. I have stayed in a two level suite and a superior room. Both were very well appointed and comfortable. For being on the Plaza Repubblica, which is a busy traffic circle, the rooms were very quite. Bathroom appointments and amenities are very good. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The staff at the front desk and concierge were very helpful. An extensive breakfast buffet was included in the room rate. Note that this hotel was recently taken over by the Marriott chain, although retains the Boscolo charms, so it is easy to use points or get a room upgrade if you have status.

The hotel is an easy 5 - 10 minute walk from Termini, the main train station, and sits on top of the Repubblica Metro, so getting around is easy. It's a 15 or 20 minute walk to The Spanish Steps or the Trevi Fountain. The Vatican is several stops away on the Metro.

One note of caution - when using the Repubblica Metro be aware of pick pockets. They are rampant across much of Rome, but particularly obvious and active at Rupubblica.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have rated the hotel a 3 out of five. First off, this is a Marriott Collection property and as a Marriott Platinum Lifetime member I have stayed in my fair share of Marriott hotels.
Lets start with the good: The property is STUNNING, no other way to say it (5 points) The rooms are large with soaring ceilings, easy to say you are in a palace. The pictures on the website do not do justice to the property.
The breakfast was great with a mix of fruit, cakes, meats and cheeses, pretty typical what you will find at a European luxury hotel.

The not so good: The people, (0 points) when we arrived, the woman at the front desk (Sasha) was the most unfriendly person I have ever encountered at a Marriott property. She made us feel as though she was doing us a favor of actually checking us in. Sasha did offer bell desk assistance in taking our bags up to the room, we only had two rollers (one each) and being in a hurry, so we declined the offer and asked which way do we go. Sasha stood next the desk and pointed to the elevators. What she failed to do, is explain that you need to take two different elevators to actually reach the floor, not knowing which way to go and being in a bit of a rush, I carried each 50lb roller bag down a flight of stairs to get to the room. The first room she gave us had wet carpet. When I called down to check on switching rooms, I received the first of several "I will check into that and have someone call you." Basically, every request was met with this same response. 25 minutes later (did I mention we were in a hurry?), housekeeping showed up at the room, the women put her hand on the floor and said it felt fine to her. My wife's socks where literally wet just walking to the bathroom. The housekeeping woman called the front desk and a few minutes later asked us again if we were sure we wanted to switch rooms. Of course we wanted to switch rooms. We were instructed to leave our bags and the hotel would move them for us. A young man (sorry, don't remember his name) handled finding us a different room, which he did upgrade for us. When we returned later that day, our bags were in the new room as promised. As a Marriott rewards member I receive a welcome gift at each stay. We requested the cheese/wine tray, which we asked for it to be delivered when we returned. As we returned, I stopped at the front desk just to let them know we returned and please send the tray. The reply was "I will check into that and have someone call you." . Thirty minutes later, no tray, so I called down to the desk; reply "I will check into that and have someone call you." . Twenty minutes later I went back down to the front desk to ask about the tray. Lucky for me the manager overheard the conversation, picked up the phone called whoever and advised me that my tray was on the way. Twenty more minutes and tray arrived. Now, the manager did get us into the breakfast 10 minutes early the next morning because we had a tour set up that required us to leave before breakfast would have normally opened. The hostess was none to happy about that in the morning, and she made sure we knew it.
The pool: The first night we tried to find the pool and could not. The second night, we stopped at the Spa and asked, where is the pool? The hotel is a bit of a maze, with very little signage, so we were looking to have someone actually walk us to the location, nope the employees at the Spa simply pointed at the elevators and told us the floor. After we explained that we searched already, another guest actually took us to the pool area. YES it is beautiful, but unpractical, you will see in the pictures there are tables right along the side. Now what adult wants to swim when other guests are sitting less than a foot from pool side having dinner?
Lastly: This trip had been planned for a year, we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. Each hotel was advised of this (by Marriott Elite folks) prior to us arriving. Two of the three hotels we stayed in greeted us acknowledging our anniversary and even gave us a bottle of Champagne, this is the only hotel that did not even mention it.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 June 2014

we booked this hotel and it was the right choice for us, it is in the center of Rome, what gave us the opportunity to go everywhere by foot. the piazza is beautiful and there is a beautiful basilica near. DO NOT EAT in the restaurant on via nazionale close to the hotel.
All the hotel's restaurants are FABULOUS !

Room Tip: the room was big and luxurious, we took the "superior" which wasn't with a view to the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of May. The hotel is a very short walk from the train station (less than 5 minutes) and the property is beautiful! The staff was friendly and our room was perfect. The breakfast was fantastic as was the location to the main sites and shops (15 minute walk). My only complaint was the sad pillows, especially after the long flight from the US and wish there was a coffee service in the room.

We will stay here again when we return to Rome some day!