“Excellent option for Rome.”

Hotel Relais Patrizi
Ranked #951 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I stayed in this nice small hotel in Rome quite recently (2 weeks ago). I am pleased to say that it was an excellent choice. The hotel is very close to Policlinico Underground Station , just two stops from Termini train and Underground station. Staff is polite, friendly and discreet. Room size is fine, not huge but enough, clean and neat. Perhaps the entrance to the shower may be slightly narrow for big people.
Breakfast was good, several things to choose. The hotel is a very nice building and my overall impression is excellent. I will clearly consider this option whenever I travel back to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Relais Patrizi

Reviewed 16 March 2008

We stayed in this Hotel and we just can say that the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms, like before mentioned, are small but cozy and well furnished. Everything is clean. The Metro and Tram are nearby but if you like to explore the city, you can walk to the most places of interest.

Breakfast is great for Italy! But don't expect a cooked breakfast !

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2008

i took my girlfriend here for her birthday and she loved it. the hotel is in a great location right beside the metro and the trams etc. the hotel is lovely rooms small but cosy and well furnished with a well stocked mini bar. the staff were really helpful and there english was quite good and they gave us a map that was really handy we used it for all of our trip. there are some really lovely restaurants in the vicinity which were lovely and good value. all in all really liked the hotel and its location it was a perfect base for exploring rome.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Upon arrival at this beautiful hotel I was greeted with a welcome map and shown where to get the metro and bus from the hotel (the metro station is a 2 min walk, I would advise you to use the metro to get around Rome as its the easiest and cheapest method) and was advised which tours to go on while I was there. As we were there in January the hotel was very quiet and we were upgraded to a suite which had a balcony, sofa, garden view and a marble bathroom crammed with toiletries and clean towels. The minibar was reasonably priced and the bed was made each morning. The buffet breakfast runs from 7am until 9am and there was allsorts to choose from. This is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in and I would recommend anyone to stay here, definitely 10 out of 10!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank amyangelmouse
Reviewed 16 December 2007

I travel frequently outside the US. I was attending a business meeting in Rome and I decided to come a few days early to sight see.

The acccommodations very nice. My room was a little small. I stayed in room 106. The room was clean and nicely presented. From some of the pictures I have seen on other websites, the upper rooms look a little larger.

A modest breakfast was offered each day. Several restaurants are in walking distance (a block or two). Close to the subway (only two stops from Termini Station).

I would recommended this hotel. I am not sure I would stay if I was bringing my kids.

Natalie

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2007

1 st Dec 2007.
Just returned from a 5 day, 4 night break in Rome. The Hotel Patrizi is in an ideal location just outside the city walls in an area which contains a large number of Embassies and Italian Goverment Buildings. Very handy for the metro - Policlinico or 40 minute easy walk to the centre of Rome. Hotel provides room and breakfast only. No restaurant or bar facilities in hotel but plenty within a few minutes walk. Hotel comfortably furnished but does not come up to it's 4 star rating in terms of the small size of rooms, the bathroom fixtures and fittings are beginning to look tired, and if you have the misfortune to end up on the 2nd floor - rooms 301, 302 etc ,you may experience the overheating problem that required us to have the windows permanently open. The air conditioning did not work. We asked for a room change and were moved from 304 to 302 only to find the problems to be identical. It appears to us that if you are on a deal as we were, 4 nights for the price of three, then you get the sauna. The buffet breakfast was adequate but not that of a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2007

We stayed at Villa Patrizi for 4 nights. I had some reservations after reading some of the reviews here but was pleasantly surprised, we arrived several hours earlier than expected and they were able to accommodate us even though the hotel was solidly booked. I can not speak highly enough about the staff at this hotel. This was the tail end of our European Holiday and the staff treated us like family. In particular Ricardo and Nichola were very attentative and made us feel very welcomed. I'm from Australia and can speak Italian. They spoke English well enough to understand. We got a triple room with a decent bathroom. We knew in advance that the breakfast would only be continental, so I don't know why people complain about this fact. The location is in a more quieter section of central Rome Near the English Embassy and is only 2 stops from Termini (Central Rome). Pleanty of shops and restaurants nearby. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family