“Great location”

Ranked #153 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
San Jose, California, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our three night stay in a comfortable room. The first floor lounge is a great place to meet and mingle, have a cocktail and relax. The location is excellent...easy access to metro, restaurants and shopping. The shower was like a torpedo, functional, but small. Breakfast was buffet style and sufficient, more like a holiday inn express style with better coffee:).

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Michael A,
thank you so much for writing about your experience at the Hotel Mozart. We are happy you liked your stay with us, even if you found that the shower was a bit too small. Remind us your needs if ever you’ll come back (we hope so!) and we will manage for a bigger one. Ciao!
Gabriele and the staff of the Mozart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

very nice elegant hotel
wide comfort rooms on the vai dell corso and quiet enough with 2 shield windows
very good & friendly staff
good breakfast
very nice & view fromm the roof terrace

Room Tip: all the rooms are good we were on room #320 facing interior court very quit but the rooms facing th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear idan b,
we really appreciated your review and especially the title you put on top of it.
It makes us think that we will soon see you again, and this is the best prize we can ever get out of our job. Thank you so much and “arrivederci” very soon!!
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and myself have just returned from a 3 night stay at Hotel Mozart. I would have no hesitation but to recommend it to anyone. The Hotel was beautifully decorated throughout, spotlessly clean. The bed was a super king and again could not fault it. When we arrived my husband realised he'd failed to bring his toothbrush, I mentioned this to reception on way out and on return disposable ones had been placed in the room. The only downside as our room (418) was overlooking the main road, during the night it was quite noisy with road cleaners, lorries etc.
The self service breakfast had everything you could want, the staff friendly and helpful replenishing food immediately.
The roof top bar in the summertime would be delightful but unfortunately for us, the weather was bad and it rained the whole time.
As we had an early flight the hotel provided us with a take out breakfast bag, which was full of goodies.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Melanieb48
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Melanieb48,
we definitely will wellcome you back again! And with such a joy! And if you’ll give us notice be sure you’ll get a rooma i the back. We are so happy that you appreciated our hotel in all the his features to give us the top rating and such a wonderful review! Thank you very, very much and...se you soon...you promised! :)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Overall the Hotel Mozart is a pleasant place to stay in an excellent location, and our room in the Vivaldi annex was lovely. But we had a troubling experience that should have been unnecessary and would have been if the hotel management had conducted itself as it should have.

Before leaving the U.S., we received an email message in which the hotel offered to arrange transportation for us from the airport to the hotel. I replied that we would be arriving by train and wouldn't need a car from the airport. We never heard from the hotel again.

When we arrived at the train station just as the sun was setting, we climbed into a taxi and gave the driver the hotel's address. The address is on a small street, Via dei Greci, between Via del Babuino and a major artery, Via del Corso. Looking at a map, we found it hard to tell exactly where the hotel was located on Via dei Greci and relied on the driver to find it.

The taxi driver suddenly pulled up on what we later learned was busy Via del Babuino and signaled to us that we had to get out of the taxi. He didn't speak English, but he pointed down the Via dei Greci, indicating that he couldn't drive us there and had to leave us where he'd stopped. Somewhat shocked, we climbed out of the taxi and retrieved our bags. We weren't certain just what to do, but we noticed that the street was badly torn up, with construction materials blocking where the taxi might have otherwise gone, as well as where pedestrians had to walk. We decided that I would try to find the hotel while my companion watched most of our bags, so, with one wheelie, I set off down the small dark street in search of the hotel.

It was rough going. There was little illumination, and I had to sidestep numerous hazardous spots as I walked a seemingly endless route. Just before getting to Via del Corso, I saw the hotel's sign up ahead and staggered into the lobby. I complained to the man at the front desk, but I don't recall that I got an especially effusive apology. A young man appeared, put my bag aside, and set out down the street to find my companion and help carry the rest of our bags to the hotel. Once we were both in the lobby, the same young man took us to the Vivaldi annex where we'd booked our room. We later discovered that its entrance was on Via del Corso, and a taxi could have taken us, along with our baggage, directly there.

My major complaint is that the hotel management did not give us advance notice of the horrendous construction problem on the street advertised as the hotel's address. It should have advised us to tell our taxi driver to take Via del Corso and drop us off at the corner, just a few steps away from the hotel entrance on Via dei Greci. (Auto traffic is not permitted on Via del Corso at certain hours, but even during those hours, taxis are permitted to drive there when necessary.) Instead, we were forced to walk down a hazardous street in the dark, totally unaware in advance of the problems we had to deal with.

So, although our overall experience at the hotel was pleasant, I consider the unnecessarily nightmarish arrival we confronted to be unforgivable, and for that reason I cannot give the hotel a high rating.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Melanieb4,
we are very sorry about this problem you had the day of your arrival and that affected your overall opinion on us so much. This probably occured the very first days of the works on Via dei Greci (which, by the way, are since long time finished, quiet improving the entrance at our hotel), which started with no warning from the public administration and cought us a bit unprepared. I say so because only a few days later, realizing the problems of our guests arriving from Via del Babuino we addressed them an e-mail suggesting them to ask the cab-drivers to drop them on the corner with Via del Corso (where your room was, at the Vivaldi Luxury Rooms) and which was not affected by any work. I tell you this just to better explain the way we work and ask with more hope for your forgiveness. Sometimes before solving a problem you have to know it exist. Anyway I’m really sorry you were among the “casualties” but want to assure that if you will give us a second chance we’ll try our best to have you to change your mind about us (and we trust that the new Via dei Greci will be of help!). Thank you for giving us the chance to apologize and… hope to see you sometimes back!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Every request I had was filled. It's a lovely hotel in the perfect location. The staff is extremely helpful, going out of their way to make your stay perfect and Antonio helped to make everything happen. My nephew planned a surprise wedding for his fiancé and there were many unusual requests but there was nothing that Antonio couldn't make happen. I highly recommend this hotel. Also, the daily breakfast that is included was quite lovely and had so many great selections that every palate is satisfied from meat eaters, to sweet eaters to vegetarians. Perfect!!!

Room Tip: I don't know about other rooms but my choice is a room with a view on the Via Del Corso - is the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephluvstotravel
adegregorio, Direttore at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Stephluvstotravel,
It’s with such a pleasure that I read your wonderful words about us! I’m really happy that we were able to meet all your request and have everything worked fine for your nephew’s wedding. It’s our job and our pleasure to meet all our guests needs, therefore I’m very happy to read that we succeded on it and I take as encouragement for me and my staff to keep in this direction! We hope to see you back again!
Antonio Serra
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel during our brief stint in Rome and could not have been more pleased. While our room (and especially the bathroom) was rather small, it was very clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The hotel staff were extremely pleasant and courteous, and were very helpful in getting us a car to take us to the airport upon our leaving. The location of the hotel could not have been better, located centrally on the Via del'Corso we were within walking distance of all the lovely sites of Rome, and within walking distance of the Vatican as well. The terrace of the hotel is just too pleasant for words and made for a relaxing place to sit at night and write in our journals with a glass of refreshing wine. We would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Gottesfreunde,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our hotel. It’s a great joy for us to see our job so well recognised and we’ll keep working hard for the comfort of our guests as long as we will read so great encouragement!! We are already wainting for you to come back! See you soon! Ciao!
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Rome is such a wonderful city. Hotel Mozart is so central that you are nearby everything. The rooms are not very big but comfortable and cozy. The breakfast is very good. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel Mozart.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear GeorgiaED,
thank you very much for your time in writing about Hotel Mozart. It’s good to know you appreciated our location as well as our rooms and breakfast. We hope you’ll come back soon and visit us again. Arrivederci!!