“Girls on tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Girls on tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Six ladies on their annual break together had the delight of staying at the Mozart. Nothing was too much trouble and for one their knowledge of gluten free food was excellent ( that being me). Cannot fault the service, cleanliness, friendliness and food also a fantastic location near the Spanish Steps. Did not find the city as expensive as we had been led to believe and the best city I have found in Europe for the choice and knowledge of gluten free food, Coeliacs don't be afraid you will have a great time. Also look up Italy by cruiser bike Segway the best way to see the city worth every penny. Thank you once again to the hotel and staff for what was probably our best ever break in Europe P.S. Ask for room 466 amazing terrace or it could be 644 lol

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to Vivaldi suites
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Anne C,
I remember 6 wonderful GIRLS arriving smiling and having fun in our hotel a few days ago… were not you!!! I’m so happy you had a great time here with us and flet me thank you for the atmosphere you brought us with your joyful and discreet presence! It was a pleasure to help you on your needs and we hope to have the chance to do it again in the future!
See you soon again!
Gabriele and the staff of the Mozart
PS it was room 644 at the Vivaldi Luxury Rooms, our twin hote just around the corner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have just spent 4 nights at this hotel and I must say the location is excellent, close to the Spanish Steps and a stroll to the Trevi Fountain and the Vatican, We enjoyed the buffet breakfast the staff there were always helpful. Of particular note is the Concierge Jeff. We stayed in Room 228 a superior room, we were disappointed with the black mould in the shower and if you want a quiet stay ask for a move as this room appears to have the waste water pipes for the hotel running past it. I would also mention Gabriel at the Reception Desk who when we paid our bill of 950 euros did not thank us, ask if we had enjoyed the stay and whether we required anything else like a taxi. He was so rude more concerned with explaining to another staff member about a guest who had just arrived. Would I stay here again not with this rudeness at an allerged 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less road noise, a/c set at source.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PAUL H
adegregorio, Management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Paul H,
thank you for you time writing about us here on Tripadvisor. I’m very sorry if you had the impression of me being rude and I’m happy I can (at least I’ll try) to apologize for giving you that impression. I love my job and I always try to give the best of me to our guests: unfortunately sometimes the job get so busy that it becomes quiet hard to thank our guests for how much they deserve and if this happens at the check out it is particularly sad because there is no time to “repair”. The moment of your check out was one of this busy moments where there were more guests to serve at the same time, coordinating the job with my colleagues in order not to mess rooms, luggages and of course bills! I’m sorry you took my being busy for rudeness. Anyway I think there is always room for improvements so I’ll take your words as an encouragement rather than a criticism, please take mine as sincere apologies rather than an excuse. Thank you for appreciating our location and our Jeff, the bellboy that is as effective as a concierge (your promotion made him so proud!). Room 228 is the biggest among the Superior rooms and faces Via del Corso, many guests ask precisely for this room but of course if the “must” is a quiet room it’s not a problem to give or to move into one on the back.
I hope to see you sometimes again and to have the chance and the time to know each other better!
Sechelt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

The pros - the location is very good, and for a relatively fit person is within walking distance of many major points of interest; the breakfasts at this hotel are undoubtedly some of the best meals in Rome and the staff do an excellent job of running the breakfast room. The cons - interior noise between rooms is considerable, between people snoring or talking, and chairs scraping on the tile floors you may have problems with sleeping; the internet is very slow, and wouldn't work at all in my room on the last day I was there. I had a single bed in my room whose mattress had seen better days due the wear caused by people constantly sitting on its edge, so you slept on a bit of a slope. Room make up was so- so, some days no soap, one day no towels, and no Kleenex tissue available. I rescued the wifi modem which had fallen behind the desk and was slowly cooking in the heat given off by the mini bar fridge. No tourist type info was available in the lobby area - maps etc. which are generally available in most hotels. I've stayed at better hotels for a lot less money.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear muffin Sec,
thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the tripadvisor readers. Your commentary is extremely important to us because it is throughout the critic that we can improve. That’s why I wrote you a private message asking more details about your stay to try to remove some problems regarding specifically your room. About the internet we are keeping upgrading our band and just a few days ago we had the visit of a technician for the matter. Honestly for what concerns the walls, we would have to rebuild the Hotel and that’s clearly not possible (we love to remember that our hotel is within a 1800s building with the pros and cons of it) but being the critics on that matter not so frequent we think it’s more about having the bad luck of noisy neighbors. Would it be the case and having reported it’s not a problem for us to change the room.
About the lack of informations, it’s a strong idea of the property that of leaving the reception free of flyers and coloured papers that may breack the classic intimate and neat atmosphere of the hotel. Anyway we give a map upon every check in and at any request (if we forgot with you I do apologize) and the concierge service is available for any kind request of our guest from 8.00 AM to 4 PM. For the issues regarding your room I can only apologize and wait for more informations in order to report the matter to who’s in charge.
I hope someday you’ll come back to us, sometimes we really have exceptional offers (just read at some of this same reviews): if you do please contact me personally and I’ll try my best to change your mind about us.
Best regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a favorite four-star hotel in Rome. Why? It act like a five-star. I can get to the hotel by metro and walk 5-minutes to it's corner location, Via del Corso (shopping) and Via del Greci (quiet walking street).
Service I experienced was excellent from front of the house concierge, front desk and porter to back of the hotel. I have to add that the kitchens and room people were really superb.
Rooms we experience in the main building (small) and adjacent Vivaldi Suites (large) were great, especially the beds.
Amenities are plentiful. I desire this hotel's public spaces very much—and this is what brings me back. Second floor lounge and fifth floor terrace are quiet spots where one can take time to read the paper or have a romantic drink in the afternoon. Ask the staff for a favor and it is done.
Food I had for breakfast in both dining rooms was perfect.
I feel that this hotel is the best place to meet up in Rome with another group or European relatives.
Get with the concierege or owner for special help.

Room Tip: I like the Vivaldi Suites for their size.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Aurelio-Zegna,
thank you so much for you time reviewing our hotel and more thanks for keeping choosing hotel Mozart as your home in Rome! We read you comment to everyone of the staff, let me tell you that you made everyone smile! Our work is a real pleasure when dealing with such guests as you!
We are looing forward to your next visit!! Arrivederci!!!
EAST GRINSTEAD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Mozart is tucked away in a small peaceful street but is only 3 minutes walk from the bustling Spanish Steps and many restaurants and shops. The staff were generally helpful and friendly, although at peak breakfast times (8.45 -9.30), unless you are Italian, prepare to have even simple requests (like providing a coffee cup) ignored. Breakfast buffet is good quality and very substantial and enables you to survive without needing anything major for lunch. They have a lovely terrace bar which is fantastic on a sunny night. Order a bottle of their very reasonably priced house wine and chill out there - perfect. The bedroom was cramped - not uncommon in Rome Centre, and the shower was the size of a dinner plate. So unless you are a contortionist , be careful not to drop the shampoo. Air conditioning seemed to work ok for April -not too hot overnight. However, I suspect it may be not be able to cope in the height of Summer. Overall, a very pleasant 3 night stay. However, for longer visits, would suggest something with a little more space.

Room Tip: Speak, or preferably be, Italian !! You will be given priority.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tim C,
thank you very much for sharing with us your experience at the Mozart Hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your three nights stay by us and hope to see you sometimes again. If you’ll be stayng for more than three night I’m sure we can find the right solution for you at the Mozart in one of our Superior or Deluxe rooms or at the Vivaldi Luxury Rooms, where the rooms are bigger. Also for the A/C you don’t have to worry: this is a brand new (2013) Daikin system, ready for the hottest days! Hope to see you again, ciao!!!
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staying at Mozart was like living in an Italian friend's home for a couple of days. Apart from one rude man behind reception all the other staff was superb. The breakfast was one of the best you will experience on any continent. Although the room was small as is the norm in Europe, the general ambiance and living room facilities provided the little luxuries we needed after a long day sightseeing and shopping in the world's best city. Stay here - if you can get a deal - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing onto Via del Corso - it can be a little noisy up to 8pm at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
adegregorio, management at Hotel Mozart, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear KP57,
Your feelings you express for our hotel are the best reward for our efforts, which is no more an effort actually, when we hear such words! It was a real pleasure to have here and we hope you will come to see us again if coming back to our city. Arrivederci!!!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had 4 nights in this hotel. When we arrived they had upgraded us to the Vivaldi luxury rooms.
The portier(philipino guy) was so helpful.The receptionist extremely service minded, and the lady cleaning our room and making our breakfast so nice and smiling all the time. Nice rooms and bathrooms. We had the window towards Vial del Corso, and I belived that might be noisy in the evening, but, no ! in the backyard we could hear people playing different instruments and rehearsing in the afternoon, and that just added to the charm of the hotel. We got married whilst beeing there and the hotel let us use their beautiful rooftop terrace to entertain before dinner. They helped us providing us with Prosecco anf finger food, and we had our own waiter looking after us. the roof top was filled wit beautiful flowers, olive trees and herbs.
All in all a hotel i will warmly recomend to family and friends, and def will visit again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family