Let's start with the good:
- close to the metro
- decent price
But there are rather more negatives:
- I checked in a few hours ago and was given the room next to reception. I asked for a different room, as I didn't want to hear endless discussions, but was told they were booked solid. Thus far, the receptionist has had several loud conversations, and I can hear the bar closing up. No idea what it'll be like overnight, but I'm pleased it's only for a single night.
- internet: there isn't any. Or, rather, there is an hour. The receptionist said she'd give me more when issuing it, as I was unhappy with the room, and proceeded to give me... a single hour. So that's what I was entitled to, then.
- the staff. When you're dealing with someone, it's polite to finish dealing with them before deciding to have a phone conversation.
- the room. There is a seat by the desk that i assume people have used to seat their suitcases, as the wall behind it is very badly scuffed. The bed is narrow and I assume this room is meant for 1 person as 2 cannot fit on the bed. The bathroom is dated, the shower cubile doesn't look particularly well assembled. At some point the flush must have stopped working on the toilet as a second flush had to be installed by the sink - that took a few minutes to find.
I haven't tasted breakfast yet, so I hope it is one of the good poonts of this hotel. But based on what I have experienced thus far, I wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rome Hotel Villa Morgagni is an elegant Liberty Villa built at the beginning of the 19th century and recently refurbished to unite warm hospitality with a tasteful ambience, a mixture which has created an exclusive atmosphere and refined hospitality. Positioned off the main road, thanks to its long driveway, it offers the advantage of an environment particularly silent and relaxing. For the business traveller, Villa Morgagni has a conference room. Start the day with a view while enjoying a gourmet breakfast in our Roof-top garden or finish it by relaxing in our Turkish bath and sauna or just lounging in our bar and lounge. Private parking is also available and the area is also and well served by the subway, bus line and taxi services to arrive to the historical center not far away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Morgagni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Morgagni Hotel Rome
- Morgagni Hotel Rome