“Very Comfortable, Nice Rooms”
Review of Hotel Cristina

Hotel Cristina
Ranked #893 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Barcelona
“Very Comfortable, Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I have accommodatel at this hotel for one night, on my way back from Morocco. It is very convenient located (near Rome Termini and Bus station connecting Rome Termini with Rome Ciampino Airport. They provide Internet reservations, and they allow very late check-in (I have arrived around midnight). Rooms are very nice, so it canbe considered as a very good hotel (not as a transit hotel).

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ResearchWanderer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This hotel is located 10 minutes walking from Termini Station (the main station) and is within an hour walking to all major sites. We booked this hotel after reviews from trip advisor and after looking at their website- www.cristinahouse.com I found most websites to be incomplete, or not impressive at all, but this one was thorough, and had a fantastic layout and pictures! (I'm not a web critic by any means, I just like a good informative website when I'm planning on staying there).

When we arrived we were greated by I believe Cristina's husband, and later met Cristina herself. It is a smaller hotel comprised of about 10 rooms in a building. Seems most hotels over there take over 1 or 2 floors unless they are the larger hotels (I.e. holiday inn...) The rooms were beautiful, spacious, full private showers, and all for 50eur per person per night. They also have 2 other accomodations, 1 of which Is cheaper per person but looks just as nice, and all are within a few minutes of each other.

The only downfall was my forgetting we had to pay cash upon arrival and the man at the desk was less than accomodating (when we were clearly sweaty and exhausted after getting off 6 hours worth of trains), granted they did warn us of this in advance... I just misread the confirmatino email. So advice: bring cash or you will be scrambling to find a bank machine. Other than that, the place was fantastic. They provide towel and linen service, as well as breakfast. The breakfast is at a small cafe only 5 minutes away and provides pastry and coffee/tea and juice which is typical for a European breakfast.

Overall, fantastic experience! Location was perfect for the trains, but I would recommend Vespas for getting around (we rented them to get from all the major locations), and enjoy the Roman inspired decor.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Booked to stay at this hotel last minute and was surprised at how excellent the location was. The terravision bus that brought us from the airport stopped with the street of hotel opposite so ended up being a 5 min walk. Near central station (5mins) and within good distance of all major sights. Room: basic but had decent bathroom, air con & wireless with great reception. Breakfast was very simple but very tasty. We were given a voucher to go to a cafe and had the choice of coffee or juice and a pastry.

The only negative was the man on reception, very rude and had no customer service skills so had to pull him up.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lukie89
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Used a pen to mark the dirty towels rolled up in the corner of the bathroom floor to see if they were being changed. Found out that they were being folded up and placed neatly on the bed as if they were clean.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank anonymous0505

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Finally got to visit Rome for long weekend, saw some truely unbelievable sights. Stayed at Cristina Hotel which was considering the price for 3 adults surprisingly very good. service was spot on with breakfast being delivered to the room every morning and at a time requested. Staff where also very good, nothing was too much trouble. Would definately stay here again.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 20 June 2009

We were initially booked into the Cristina Residence but due to a double booking, we were kindly relocated by Carlo (very nice man and extremely helpful) to the Cristina hotel. The room is quite small, kitch but adequate and comfortable. The airconditioning was very noisy and ineffective for such a small room. The internet is just outside the rooms in a very hot part of the hotel. The rude arrogant man at reception refused when asked several times to put the split system air conditioner on. He excelled at rudeness and being uncooperative. We were glad to leave this hotel, however we have to say that Cristina was very helpful and nice when we first checked in. The breakfast consisted of nice coffee but sweet biscuits, biscotti and cake. Not very appetising. We think you could do better with your choice of hotels as there are so many in this area as it is very close to Termini Station (the main local and international train station). The lift to the 3rd floor is a scary old fashioned phone booth like lift that does not always work.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hizakite
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 5 April 2006

The hotel is clean but Termini is not a very good place to stay at. Termini is itself a dirty place. However, the hotel is very close to a Metro station (C. Pretorio).

I had a bad experience on the night of 27th March. We came to the hotel at 6pm after a long day of walking. We wanted to take a short rest at the hotel for an hour and then go back to the city center to meet with our friend for dinner. I looked for the guy at the reception but there was noone there to call a taxi for us. Then I found the telephone number of the taxi company from the internet and using the phone at the reception I called them. But they couldn't speak English so I couldn't call the taxi. Then after 15 minutes, The receptionist came and I told him that I tried to call the taxi company but they couldn't understand me. The receptionist told me "No use phone!". I think he wanted to say that the customers are not allowed to use the phone. I said "OK but you were not at the reception and I wanted to call the taxi" Then suddenly he got mad! He showed me the phone in crazy manners that I made a phone call and he started to shout "No taxi! Go to Termini and find a taxi there!" I said "I can pay for the telephone." But he was so mad at me that I used the phone when he was
not there, I just ignored me and didn't call a taxi for me. Then I went down to the street in front of the hotel and tried to catch a taxi. I spent 30 minutes in front of the hotel until I found a taxi.

It was a very rude behaviour of this strange guy at the reception that he did not call us a taxi, although he should be knowing that my wife is pregnant.

• Stayed March 2006