See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2015

We returned to this guest house, this time with children aged 12 and 10. Andrea was once again an excellent host, meeting and greeting us despite last minute changes to arrival times. This B & B is very convenient as the central train station (Termini) is only five minutes walks away and so all the sites are easily accessible to the Metro. The room was beautifully clean, and the air conditioning was a blessing! Breakfast is simple with breads, jams, nutella, fruit juice and yoghurts, but it is all beautifully done and we just bought bananas and fruit from the shop next door, or supermarket opposite Santa Maria Maggoire, less than two minutes away to add to breakfast if needed. The communal area has a fridge and microwave so it is easy to cater for lunches if you need to. I would definitely recommend this B & B to anyone visiting Rome. Please read my previous review from last year!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank looneyleo
Reviewed 4 August 2015

We stayed in a family room with 2 single beds and a fold out sofa bed. The 2 single beds were fine but the sofa bed felt like an elephant had been using it as a trampoline the night before. It was lumpy, had no support and sagged in the middle. Sleeping on the floor would have been comfier. We were only staying one night so I didn't complain but I couldn't have stayed any longer.

This is a shame, because everything else about the hotel was fine. The rep that met us, Andre, was very friendly and helpful and informative. The location is great and apart from the fold out bed, the facilities were all we needed.

Room Tip: Our fold out bed was awful.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2015

Our room should be ready at twelve. We were a bit early and had to wait for someone to come to the b&b to let us in. Our room wasn't cleaned yet, we were told the cleaning lady was late. We waited till 1.30 in the 'reception' for our room to be ready, and then just left 'cause we were tired of waiting.

The check in was okay. We got a very short explanation of everything. The reception was also the breakfast area, it was just a table with some stools.

The bathroom was in the hallway, across for our room. We knew this would be the case beforehand. What we didn't know was that to go to our bathroom we had to cross the hallway, which was actually the reception/breakfast area. This was also right after the front door. I wasn't very comfortable going there in my pyjama's in the morning.

The breakfast was really bad. We didn't really eat anything. We are used to sleeping in hostels, so we can handle a basic breakfast. This was stale bread with butter and jam, some packaged rolls and some packaged toast. The coffee was instant.

In the morning, after I unlocked the door to get some breakfast, the cleaning lady walked in on us while we were still in bed!

The reception, which was right outside our room was also a place for the owner to watch youtube on his phone, which we could here in our room with the door closed. And were the cleaning lady in the morning entertained other guest, which were blocking my bathroom door, which made the going in pyjama's trough the reception even more awkward.

It was very close to the train station and the neighbourhood was okay. There was also an elevator in the building. I can't say anything else that was good about it.

I know Rome is an expensive place, but this is just a waste of money. I'm glad we only stayed here one night.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2014

What a lovely surprise it was to arrive at this 2* hotel and be greeted by Andrea the owner. Although initially a little hard to spot from the outside if you are not familiar with Italian address systems, I called the office (I had the number emailed to me in a welcome email before departure) and they directed me to the correct floor. The hotel is lovely, the cleanest I have ever stayed in including 4* hotels. The room was spotless, comfortable and had all the extras I didn't expect to see in a 2* (Air Con, safe deposit box, snacks, drinks extra linen, towels, hairdryer, seating area away from the bed etc). In addition to this Andrea gave us many recommendations of where to visit for the best food, gelato etc. We couldn't hear any noise from the outside at all. Fresh bread, juice, hot drinks, yoghurts and milk were available in the dining area each morning which we helped ourselves to. Perhaps not ideal for families but for couples and tourists I could not recommend a more enjoyable place to stay in Rome right next to Termini and within walking distance (if you like walking) of all the main attractions. We didn't use the metro despite intending to as it was so enjoyable to walk around the city.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms in the guest house. I expect they are all to the same high standard as ours (double room).
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LisaPotilly88
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Giampy for four nights during our trip to rome. The location is amazing if coming or going from the train station as it is literally two minutes away. It's also well within walking distance of the colosseum and near a subway for seeing more distant attractions such as the vatican or the Spanish steps.

It took us a little longer to find than it should have as the google maps location for it is incorrect, just google the street and walk down. Andrea met us at the door and showed us to our room which was big, clean and well decorated. He gave us a map and showed us the best way to get to the main sights as well as some excellent local restaurants. Andrea was very friendly and although he was not always about he gave us his mobile number so we could get in touch if need be. The house is open for guests to use the common area and fridge and it feels more like staying at a friends than at a hotel. Free WiFi was a nice bonus.

Only slight let down was breakfast which was basically just bread and jam, Nutella or butter.

Overall I would definitely stay here again, great value for money

• Stayed: August 2014