“Renovation needed”
Review of Clarin Hotel

Clarin Hotel
Ranked #412 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

For what we paid it was good value.

We had booked a double room. When we got there a twin had been reserved the receptionist was lovely and changed the booking (without us asking) to a family room. This was on the fifth floor.

The lift was being fixed at the time - although I don't know if I would have got in it anyway as it reminded me of the tower of terror in florida - an open lift you can see through as it moves up and down.

The stairs were a bit of a climb but we chose to use them during all of our trip.

The room we were given had a desk, small tv, bunk beds and a double bed. Plus the very good air conditioning. The bathroom needed a bit of a makeover and the shower door kept sticking. I got stuck inside and had to get my hubby to let me out!

The corridor was being refurbished during our stay but we weren't disrupted by it. From reading other reviews it seems that they are gradually renovating the hotel so maybe ask for a room on a lower floor.

The hotel was a good base for exploring the city and within walking distance to the majority of attractions. The receptionist gave us a free map and mapped out a suggested walking route for us.

There was also a very convenient safe in the room which we used to keep out passport .etc

Just don't go expecting anything other than a bed a bathroom and some air con and you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Smsox
There are newer reviews for Clarin Hotel

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was modern, clean, had fantastic air conditioning (essential for Rome in July!) and a basic but nice breakfast. The safe in the room was also free. First time we have stayed in a two star hotel and we were pleasantly surprised! The only negative was the fact that the view out the window was of the opposite building but that didn't bother us. Staff were helpful, the location is very central and we would definitely come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: We were given a choice of rooms, one had a view but was smaller. There may be an option to switch ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

the hotel is located on the second floor of an old building. (there is an elevator but ofthen does not work) The location is good but would not return, very small bathroom and outdated room. No daily change of towels. The breakfast (pay extra) is ok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Reviewed 31 May 2014

i was at clarin may 20 for 2 days.
small but very clean,safe n very quiet......near to everywhere.
Very good value for money you pay.
Very helpful personel.
If i have to write negative ,,,,ill have to talk about breakfast,but with all the rest be so possitive
ill ignore the breakfast.
I do suggest it

Room Tip: 125 was very good for me
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelerdolp
Reviewed 10 March 2014

It was not easy to find this hotel because we did not have a map and all the streets of Rome look like the same and they are very caotic. However, it was reaaly nice, very spacious room (we got room 127). It was a room for four people, I travelled with my sister, my brother and my mother. Very modern, it was basic but chic on the same time, and you have the necessary items inside the room. It has an amazing breakfast, it has everything you need to survive all the day walking in Rome!
What can I say about Rome? That's a so beautiful city! We went to the Foro Romano, Coloseo, Fontana di Trevi (a lovely fontane) and then the Vatican area.
I believe it was such an awesome family trip and if I ever come back to Rome (I hope so), I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My rome was a quadruple room, so it bigger (127)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnaGA_90
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was in Rome in december 2013 with my boyfriend and had the acommodation at Clarin Hotel for 3 nights. We arrived very early in the morning, but they gave us immediately a room.
The reception is 24 hours, the room very clean and nicely decorated and the location is perfect.
I recommend this hotel if you ever come to Rome. Easy acces to the main street in Rome, a few minutes away from the city centre, a lot of shops and restaurants nearby and they will provide you an excellent stay.
Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mihaela m
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great little hotel in an even better location.
Friendly staff, a good sized room with air conditioning, clean and tidy with plenty of fresh towel bathroom and tasty breakfast.
I can highly recommend this hotel and I would stay here again !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple