“Good Location, safe area”
Review of Hotel San Pietrino

Hotel San Pietrino
Ranked #554 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Orlando,Fl
“Good Location, safe area”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The hotel was a 15 minute walk to the vatican, there are many restaurants in the area, but I deff recommend to eat breakfast at the cafe in front of the hotel. It is very cheap and the food is great. The reason we stayed at this hotel is because we found it the most economic in rome, but when we arrive we realized that it was a bit to expensive for what it has. The WiFi works perfectly, the signal it's strong, the room was very clean. The only down side was that we stayed in room #1 and when you open the window you realize is a patio, so you can't leave your window open at night, when it's hot. The staff was ok, they weren't that rude or friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 17 September 2012

San Pietrino was conveniently located about a 15 minute walk from the Vatican. The best part about this little hotel is the food places around it. Across the street, there is a tiny cafe owned by Alfredo and Lia - so adorable and cheap! Also across the street is the Osteria de Angelo, where we had our first meal in Rome. It remained the best Carbonara we had on our trip. There was also a fantastic bakery about a block away (kind of underground) with everything you could hope for - yum. The staff was not particularly friendly, but one of the two ladies we met was at least helpful. The place was clean and quiet, with comfy beds and good A/C. Good wireless signal. We chose to take the discounted taxi service which was nice. Elevator was quaint and difficult to get in to - but that wasn't a major problem.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Efrat B
Montreal
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Based on Lonely Planet and Tripadvisor's recommendations, we decided to stay at this budget hotel near the Vatican.

Upon our arrival, the receptionist -- without introducing herself or welcoming us -- aggressively grabbed our luggage and told us to sit down while they finished cleaning our room (it was already after 2pm at this point).

When we enquired where the cups for the coffee were, the receptionist sarcastically replied "I already told you!" My mom and I could not believe what we were hearing. In short, the receptionist that afternoon gave us the rudest welcome we had ever experienced in our lives.

That said, the hotel is in a convenient location if you are planning to visit the Vatican and it's very clean. At about 100 euros/night, it offers good value for a budget hotel in Rome.

If the hotel owner could get rid of the grumpy, impolite staff, we would consider staying here again. Until then, this place should be avoided!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
sanpietrino, Responsabile reception at Hotel San Pietrino, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Ladies,

I would like to apologyse for the behavior that I had to you, because wasn’t a professional one.
It was a very busy day and certainly without realizing I answered in an uncivilized manner.
I am sorry that you had a bad impression about me, because it’s not my way so..
All I can say is that you are always wellcome in our hotel and for sure next time won’t be any inconvenience.

Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here over the summer. Loved the staff. Henry was very accommodating. Drove us to the airport and to our cruise ship Very clean and quaint. Quiet neighborhood. Close to the Vatican Great place to eat across street osteria del Angelo. Would stay here again most definitely.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Creidy74
Yonkers, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The San Pietrino hotel in Prati is a wonderful small hotel. There are no food services but the cafe directly across the street is all you need, plus there are many small restaurants, cafes etc in this family neighborhood which is like the upper west side in NYC only the buildings are only 5 stories tall. The hotel has free wifi throughout with a strong signal, great for watching online movies, it also has cable tv but most of the stations are Italian. The rooms are clean, orderly and well maintained, but appointed simply. No fancy bed linens or furnishings, however, it is very clean and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. I have stayed here 4 times so far and have been in different rooms, the one thing they all have in common are nice bathrooms. I am a travel bathroom freak, so this was enough to get me back again and again. The shower stalls (if you don't get a tub) are big enough to actually take a shower in. The pricing is very reasonable and varies throughout the seasons. San Pietrino is located about a walking mile from the Rome city center. Some people like the hustle and bustle of the center, but if you want a quiet neighborhood that's connected to all the bus lines and subway, this is the right place to be. The staff watches out for you and I mean that literally. My eyeglass case fell out the window accidentally and landed on a roof below. It was quite unreachable. I said nothing, I just figured that. I had lost my case. The next morning the desk manager hands me the case, which he had retrieved after noticing it under my window. How he figured it was mine or why he went through such trouble, I don't know, but his effort was appreciated. I will continue to return to this great hidden treasure.

Room Tip: The new side has better wifi, the older side has bigger rooms and bathrooms, usually with tubs.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Bleujolie
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Free wifi, parking problem, small rooms. Rooms are not big - just 1 double bed, table and chair. After 1 day of walking in Rome I came to hotel and decided to take shower. At 11 pm somebody started knocking to my door. I was very surprised, but that was woman who lives in the nearest room. She said that my shower is working too loudly and she can't fall a sleep because of this. So... probably walls are very thin.

Hotel is situated 15 min from Vatican and it's quite convenient.

I don't know, but probably I won't return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oktogo.ru

3 Thank ncknm
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is the second time in the past three summers that I've stayed at Hotel San Pietrino and I'm even more convinced that it's a great location.The rooms are small (think Manhattan) but they are meticulously clean. The hotel is just 3 blocks from the Ottaviano metro station and less than a mile to The Vatican. With a metro ticket, and/or some good walking shoes, it's possible to see nearly every sight in Rome from this hotel. Note that they have rooms for a family of 4 and although all rooms are on the 3rd floor they do have a vintage elevator some might find quaint and others scary. We used it. It worked flawlessly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family