As other reviewers have pointed out the location is excellent and the staff is very helpful with restaurant suggestions and directions. The room was very good sized and clean and the bathroom was very modern and large. We walked everywhere except to the Vatican because we slept late and had a tour at 10:00 A. M. The Vatican is probably a 20-30 minute walk, possibly only the Villa Borghese is as far away. The hotel is divided into two sections with a separate access door to each. In our section breakfast was served in a breakfast room- since there were four tables set every day I think that there were four rooms in this section. There was no refrigerator in our room but one was in the breakfast room with free soft drinks available. Apparently breakfast is brought to your room in the other section and there are refrigerators in each room. Although the room faced a very busy street- Via Cavour- it was very quiet- the windows must be new and sound resistant. As prices go in Rome this hotel was a very good buy.
A warning about phone calls in Rome- we had arranged to have a driver pick us up at the airport- the plane was a half hour early- we waited for 35 minutes and I called the hotel to see if he was coming with a credit card- very easy to use- there was some communication problems and the young man at the front desk told me to take a taxi so we did. We found out later the driver had arrived shortly after we left the airport but when I got home the phone call bill was forty-one dollars- the call was about three minutes. I knew that hotel calls with a credit card were expensive but I learned a new lesson here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caesar House Residenze Romane is an elegant place to stay on the second floor of an ancient palazzo a few steps from the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. Each individually designed room is large and with very high ceiling and is provided with all comforts (air conditioning, LCD flat sky TV, free internet access, etc.). The staff is renowned to give precious assistance to guests suggesting itinerary, shops and restaurants off the beaten paths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Caesar House Residenze Romane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar House Residenze Romane Hotel Rome
- Caesar Hotel Rome
- Caesar Hotel Residenze Romane