“Great service & spacious room”

Caesar House Residenze Romane
Ranked #158 of 3,644 Rome B&B and Inns
London
“Great service & spacious room”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights following a trip to Florence and before heading to Spoleto for a wedding. I arrived into Roma Termini station and the hotel was a 15 minute walk away. I suggest a taxi if you have heavy luggage as it was not fun trying to navigate with a map whilst dragging a heavy suitcase and carrying a heavy bag! Especially in the Italian heat!

The hotel entrance is not an obvious one. It's on the second floor of a building that looks like its a residential property. Look out for the sign on the wall - sometimes the main doors are closed. I walked straight pass it several times during my stay. The old style rickety elevator takes you up to the second floor and I was greeted by the friendly staff. My room was ready immediately, it was very spacious and had all of the necessities. Plenty of wardrobe space, a day bed which I used to place my suitcase, a huge bed and a little dining table. The room was very comfortable.

Breakfast was served to my room every morning. The downside of this is that you have to pre-order using a form, to specify the breakfast dishes and the time you would like it to arrive. I prefer to wake when I like and choose breakfast in the morning. However, there was a variety to choose from and the service was excellent. Only bad point on the food was that they served bread complimentary which was always stale and very hard - quite in edible!

The 'fitness centre' is located in their sister hotel next door. This consisted of one treadmill and a few weights and a mat. Clearly doesn't get used very often! I used the treadmill one morning and found that the lack of door to the room was distracting as people walked pass to make their way to the breakfast room. Also, the aircon wasn't on so working out was uncomfortable.

The location of the hotel is good if you want to be close to the Colosseum and the ruins. However, the next time I visit Rome, I would stay more central, perhaps near the Piazza Navona. There are restaurants nearby by the road side and a gelato shop right opposite. Due to the location, I found myself taking buses as we in the middle of a European heat wave & walking to some sights were tough.

The staff were very friendly and when I needed to print off train tickets to my next destination, the staff were only happy to help with no extra charge. Overall, if you want to stay close to the Colosseum, I would recommend this little hotel/b&b as the service is great and the stay was very comfortable. Only downside for me was location and no aircon in the fitness room (I'm sure there is aircon but I wasn't sure how to turn it on and no staff seemed available to help) I also highly recommend taking a Vespa tour if you are short on time in Roma!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MissAmyYa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently spent four days in Rome with our three children, aged 5, 7 and 10. I cannot recommend Caesar house highly enough for the fantastic extended welcome we received. The apartment Coloseo was a perfect size for the five of us and the location of the hotel, close to the Coliseum, makes for an excellent base.

Taking the children on a city break was a huge success for us. See this post for more info http://nikkiyoungwrites.com/2014/06/11/city-breaks-with-the-kids-rome/

Room Tip: The apartment Coloseo has two bedrooms and a double sofa bed, so it is perfect for families. Breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nicolay141
Aptos, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you are looking for something very close to the Colosseum, this place may be for you. It's in a nondescript building on a busy street and you have to look closely for the sign, it occupies a building with other businesses. The folks that work there were nice and helpful. You order the breakfast from a list and it's brought to your room in the morning. It was an OK breakfast. Although it's on a busy street our room was quiet. They initially had a problem with the WiFi but fixed it quickly and it worked well. The room is basic and pretty clean but not spotless. It's hard to know how the price compares (around $150 I think) to other places in Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joe C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is located a block from the forum and several blocks from the Colosseum. The service staff is wonderful, from making wonderful restaurant recommendations to giving great help in how to get to places to making tour recommendations and bookings. We were a family of four and were in a spacious two room with kitchen suite. Breakfast was brought to our room every morning.....just wonderful. Would definitely stay there again when in Rome for our next trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
South Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is probably one of the best places to stay in the area in terms of having access to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Museo di Capitolini and the Baths of Caracalla. Although it took maybe half an hour to 40 minutes, I was able to walk to the Baths from the hotel. It is within a couple of minutes' walk to Trajan's forum (free). The hotel proprietors are very kind and go out of their way to help you. I arrived super early on the first day from Fiumicino and Sumi (sp?) prepared coffee and pastries, etc. while my room was being cleaned. Rossana was able to call and obtain a ticket for me to a museum that is perpetually sold out. As others have mentioned, though, be prepared to hear some noise as this is in a busy place - some traffic, and perhaps some talking at night when people are passing by. Several restaurants close by. Clean, large room. Much larger than the room I had at the larger (business-oriented) hotel that I stayed at a few days later in Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank parvati7
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here with my 2 children in Rome for 4 nights. The hotel is in a really good location - on a busyish road, half way between the Coliseum and Trajans column. The room was big with comfortable beds, and lots of space to put clothes and suitcases. Breakfast was great and was served in our room at a pre-arranged time. Rosanna recommended appropriate restaurants and booked them for us, and also advised us of places to visit. Sumi was really helpful too. It wasn't cheap, but I would recommend this hotel - and despite being on a busyish road, our room was really quiet - no need for the ear plugs that I had brought - just in case!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked this hotel as a last minute thing and we were really pleased with everything. Sumi greeted us and was always around to help. We were shown two rooms to choose from. They were both very nice with large bathrooms and very clean. The breakfast was good and could be served in your room if you wished. The location is excellent - 5 minutes walk to the Colosseum and the Forum and Piazza Venezia. We walked everywhere - to Travetere, Spanish Steps, St Peter's, Panthanon but the trams and buses run from Venezia if you are not up to walking. Someone has said it was a noisy area on another review but the rooms had new double glazing so that wasn't an issue. The hotel is on the second floor of a large block but there is a lift. would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple