See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Quite a nice, charming place. Excellent locations and easy on the eye. Downsides were large air-con in the room, loud and not very effective. Book breakfast the night before, and it is bought to your room in the morning. Would I go back? Maybe, but not in the middle of summer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

My original plans to stay at a "B&B" in Trastevere fell through and I was left walking around with my backpack looking for alternative accommodations. For some reason availability was low and after a few hours of looking for a place, I settled for Hotel Borgo Antico. What a nightmare!

First, the room was dark and musty. There was a window but very little light passed through. The phone in my room didn't work. I spoke with the person at the reception every day to let them know that the phone wasn't working and nothing was done about it. They provide breakfast in your room. There is a paper at the front desk in the afternoon/evening so you can write down breakfast preferences. If you don't indicate or call them ahead of time, they give you a hard time about it. The last morning of my stay as I broke off a piece of my bread, an army of ants crawled all over my breakfast tray. When I returned the tray, they promised to give me another breakfast. After waiting 30 minutes, I had lost my appetite and told that I no longer wanted the breakfast. In the 3 nights that I spent there, I didn't not have one peaceful night of sleep. Between the noise of the pipes, toilet flushing and loud neighbors, I was up everyday at 4am. I mentioned this to the person at the reception and he was somewhat helpful. They had wifi but it was intermittent.

I would never stay and this place ever again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
8  Thank lenlab631
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Although we booked this hotel while the site said there were four rooms available, they could not lodge us. Instead we were moved to a nearby hotel, called Hotel Domus Tiberina. The room in this hotel was ok for us, but I felt a littlebit cheated to. I do not like the feeling.
This way, any hotel bookable through bookings.com could expand the number of the rooms unlimitedly, and guests would end up in non-booked hotels. Often, their location is relevant to guests.
Their site should have said Antico Borgo Di Trastevere was full, and might recommend e.g. Hotel Domus Tiberina. That way I could have made my own choice. As it is with the former, the latter hotel is very noisy too. By the way, the showering cabin sliding doors allow for max 30 cm opening. Larger people cannot take a shower in room 21.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Frank V
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed here one night. It was quite cramped and a little pokey, but perfectly comfortable, clean and staff were friendly. The breakfast was a bit rubbish (they gave us cereal, but no milk or bowls to eat it with/in), but it got the day started perfectly well. The building though is charming and you're in the heart of beautiful Trastevere which is a great base in Rome. Don't expect too much, but it's a perfectly good, ok priced place for a shortish stay.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

This small and ancient hotel is in a corner of Trastevere- which was a great location, BUT
the room was minisucule, as was the shower. There were NO amenities ie towels were large clothes, no soap, no area within the hotel or in the room to sit. Trastevere is very noisy at night, so it is close to the center of a very lively night life but the hotel sits right on the street so forget about sleeping.Since it is an old hotel the walls are paper thin and one could hear what was going on in the rooms next door. The biggest complaint we had was how overpriced it was....also the included breakfast was terrible.
Don't believe what you read in Lonely Planet about this place.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple