Hotel Acropoli
US$683
US$600
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$360
US$432
US$1,504
US$1,416
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprovided everydayhot showerbasic hotelearplugsforum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I don't know why this hotel has such bad reviews. Our stay was very nice. There were 3 of us staying in the room, room size was good enough, the room was nice and clean. Service was also good. the breakfast, well it was usual Italian hotel breakfast.

The location of the hotel is the best! everything you need is near by - sightseeing, shopping, train and bus stations, metro.

I would stay in this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adele K
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I didn't like the look of this hotel when we we're told for our college trip this would be where we we're staying for a few days. But actually it wasn't too bad! The room was basic but clean, a tiny bit dark; but it's ment for sleeping in. The ensuite was small but with 4 girls sharing it held up well! Although the loo roll holder was in the shower... but we just moved the loo roll... not hard! The shower was always perfect temperature and pressure and the room and ensuite was cleaned everyday with fresh towels and made beds!
Now the beds we're excellent. They were. No question about it! We'd been informed the hotel which is based underneath another hotel (no biggy. . Never saw anyone other than my own college) is under new management and everything is being replaced; explained the modern ensuite although some of the decor was a litte dated... it gave the place character! The hotel was in a lovely location with countless bars, restaurants and cafes around. It was an enjoyable trip and some of the reviews on here are bogus. Granted I think we had one of the best rooms, but it was comfortable none the less. I really don't know why there are such harsh reviews! The price paid is certainly worth it and when in Rome, you don't really have the time to pay attention to your room, only the fluffy pillow at nightime. I even had a nose bleed and the friendly staff asked no questions and we're very helpful in supplying a clean one; I did apologise! I was happy with my stay.
The only downfalls we're the breakfast which yes, was a little disappointing, but we just had brunch in the city instead. (Other reviews are fairy accurate on the breakfast front)
And that of the street noise at night; we all jumped up and looked out from our window down to the street to see another group enjoying their night out.. we've all done it!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I don’t have enough bad words to describe this hotel. Check in was a slow and agonizing experience, matched only by the horrific ride in the cage elevator. The room was atrocious. It was narrow and dingy, with dirty walls and a very high ceiling with a single light. The shutters opened up into the noisy street with no screens. Needless to say, there was no air conditioning. The bathroom is beyond description. It could not have been more than 3ft by 5ft. The shower was so tiny that I constantly ran into the walls trying to wash. The room is void of any decoration, the carpet is filthy, and the bed is a awful. The breakfast is nothing more than stale rolls and bad coffee. I have been all over the world, and this hotel still stands as the worst experience of my travels. However, it was only $50.

Room Tip: To my knowledge. There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having read the reviews, we were somewhat scepticalabout the hotel, to the extent we even had some sheets made up JUST IN CASE all the evils mentioned in some of the reviews were in deed evident!

The Joke was on us! we booked two rooms for three days, and from the moment we walked into the reception, our fears were allayed. the staff were friendly, the rooms were spotless, and the bathrooms were a pleasure.

it is a basic functional hotel, in a prime location with plenty of places to go to in close proximity, and the Termini station, for both Trains and bus services, including the Hop on Hop off was two blocks away.

No Television, but none required. we left each morning by 08h00 (Breakfast of Great coffee Rolls Nutella and jams) and returned around 22h00.

A clean hotel that served our purposes perfectly in terms of Price, location and quite comfortable for our needs.

Room Tip: i think it would do no harm to ask for the newer rooms id they are available. the Hotel is busy with refurbishing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The room was hot, dirty and ugly - I've stayed in hostels that are in better condition. It was quite cheap and on a fairly good location but I still wouldn't go here again. I suspect there were some sort of bedbugs because I got a bad rash after the trip and the room seemed like it wasn't cleaned properly often enough. Bed was quite uncomfortable too. Breakfast included coffee / black tea, a bun and marmalade. We stayed here in July 2011.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends