“beware”
Review of Hotel Acropoli

Hotel Acropoli
Ranked #1,149 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 July 2014

beware. We had 3 nights booked and paid for through travel agent. We arrived back at hotel late afternoon on the last day (one more night to go) and were told we only have a booking for 2 nights and had to pay 90€ for another night because we were back so late. I corrected the staff but was again told pay or else. Lucky i had a copy of every voucher in my bag and showed them the voucher Stating we had paid 3 nights therefore it was up to them to contact the travel agent to sort it out, which they refused. still the argument continued till i said i was going to the room and if they wanted to call police i would be more than happy. Apparently this is common in italy to fleece people out of more money. .COPY ALL DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF AND STAND. UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS.......also this hotel would not give spare pillows or towels, breakfast is a bread roll and jam only and the bathroom may require you to step over the toilet to get to the shower.

Room Tip: Ask for larger room with larger bathroom. Choose no breakfast if cheaper
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank joytravers

Reviewed 14 June 2014

nice hotel, excellent location near the Roma Termini station. rooms are neat, moderate sized and working breakfast. hotel has a lift also. good atmosphere. staff is cooperative. overall value for money.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel during our studietrip, and when we first walken into the lobby, it was smaak but pretty nice.
But then, in the rooms, boy oh boy, it was just awful!
I'm serious!!!
We had fungus in the bathroom, broken door links, beds wich collapse and are made for people no taller than 5'1' (155 cm) and many more...
Please, do yourself a huge favour and don't stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank RforRawr
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We booked a room here with a travel agent without looking at Tripadvisor, which was a TERRIBLE idea! The pictures they show online are not what you get. We received a dorm room with 4 twin beds, dirty carpet, bugs on the floor & for breakfast (which we paid extra for- 10 Euros per person) consisted of 1 dinner roll, jelly & coffee. This place is NASTY! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Room Tip: Don't ever use this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This April we went to Rome with a group of 34 pupils from our school. We were supposed to stay in another hotel, but due to the canonisation of the two popes, our hotel wasn't available anymore, so we had to find another hotel. The teachers who had organised the trip chose this hotel. Because my friends and I were curious, we read some reviews here. The reviews were really poor but we figured (hoped!) it probably sounded worse than it actually was.

When we entered the hotel, it looked like we were right, until we went upstairs. When we unlocked the door of our 4 person room the first thing we noticed wasn't the state of the room itself, but the fact that our already small room was separated by a giant wall with a hole in it! The room was also strangely organised. The beds were placed next to each other vertically and it almost seemed like our room was two rooms put together. The ceiling was really high, the walls were dirty and the carpet looked like as if it was as old as Rome itself. The fact that our room only had 2 power outlets wasn't very pleasant either. The beds weren't extremely comfortable and my matras had a few stains on it. The bathroom was really small, not very clean and when you flushed the toilet it sounded like a tsunami was coming. The shower was tiny, but at least ours was functioning (the shower of some of our friends wasn't!). I was also sure the sink would fall off the wall if I'd put too much weight on it. The same goes for the toilet seat by the way. The only things that I were happy about, was the fact that our room wasn't adjacent to the street, so we could sleep with an open window (there's no ac, so sleeping with an open is almost necessary when it's warm outside) without being bothered by all the noises outside and the fact that the wifi actually worked on our room.

As for the other things: the staff was friendly, breakfast was not really good and actually quite poor and the elevator looked quite scary but did not once cease to function.

The only thing that's actually nice about this hotel, is its location. It's only a 2 minute walk to Termini (Rome's central station), the Santa Maria Maggiore is only 5 minutes away and the hotel is surrounded by a lot of nice restaurants.

All in all, this hotel is poor. I'm not a very picky person. I only want my hotel room to be clean, to not be looking like it's not been renovated or taken care of for a very long time and to be spacious enough to move around properly. And I don't want my room to have a wall in it. And even for these basic wishes, this hotel doesn't suffice. So please, do yourself a favour and pick another hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 303. So if you end up in this hotel after all (may Jupiter be with you) and don't wa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Aileen v
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I think that the Tripadvisor and other tourist guiding websites must de-link this hotel from their websites because it is a very dirty, smelly and stinky place. It is worst hotel in the world. It has small rooms, with very hard and out-dated bedding.
The breakfast options is just nothing, only a hard loaf of bread, you need teeth of iron to bite and chew it.
I was misled by a website and I booked the hotel for four nights with advance non-refundable payment, but believe me that me and my family could not sleep properly in the hotel.
The attached bathrooms are very dirty with old and damaged taps/showers.
The side tables were damaged and too dirty to use.

Room Tip: There is nothing good in this hotel, so don't be misled.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family