Hotel Milo
US$272
US$953
US$469
  • Restaurant
All reviewstermini stationother hotelselevator startssimple hotelfifth floorbreakfast was includedenjoyed our stayvisit rome againpublic transportfour nightsmain attractionscupboardcolosseumcorridorlaptoproberto
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel July 4th through 6th of 2013. The rating really should be somewhere above poor, but not quite as good as an average rating. The hotel is very close to the train and although many people commented about feeling unsafe we were there with our two daughters age 8 and 12 and did not feel unsafe walking around even at night. The proximity to the train station is one of the few bonuses to this hotel. The bathroom was very strange with the foot washer or bidet (we could not agree on which it was) right next to the shower and the toilet crammed into the corner so that in order to sit on the toilet you had to literally be under the sink. It was a very odd/uncomfortable layout. The shower was very small, but that is very common in Italy so I can't call it a negative. The room itself had quite a lot of room with 1 full bed and 2 twin beds for our girls. We did not watch TV, and we did have to pay for air conditioning. I think that is standard for Europe so I can not necessarily call it a negative. The breakfast was just ok but a very standard European breakfast with lots of pastries and cold meats and cheeses. Someone else complained about the lack of cold milk and yogurt, but it is common for the region so I think you just have to accept the way the locals do things. Overall the room was clean and other than the weird toilet situation everything was in working order. I don't think we would stay here again when you can do nicer for less.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank UKtoAZ
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I didn't expect much when I ordered this hotel, because it was the "rush" time during September and many hotels were full so we weren't too picky. I was happily surprised when i got a clean comfortable room which wasn't too small and had all the facilities we needed. the room was on the fifth floor and it was quiet and nice (may be there was a little street noise which didn't bother us)
The bathroom is small but satisfactory.
The room was walking distance from the station where the bus from the airport drops you (it can save at least 40-50 Euros so it is better than a taxi..), very close to termini station (where we took a rent-a-car) so this is comfortable too.
the breakfast (in a small room on the second floor) was basic and very tasty (Ham, cheese, jam, butter croissant, rolls , juice).
The elevator starts half a floor beyond the ground and is pretty slow.
the hotel is close to the Colosseum and Santa Maria Maggiore, and was in a walking distance of no more than 30-40 minutes walking from all part of center of Rome (we loved the walking... explored the city)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tumi80
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed there for 10 days.

Pros: The location is perfect. Close to the termini station, several restaurants and stores. The breakfast is good. The room is clean. The staff is helpful (but...).

Cons: They can be very grumpy sometimes. They barely speak english. When I stayed there, the elevator wasn't working (the hotel is on the 2nd or 3rd floor). The area is very noisy so, in the first nights, I had trouble sleeping.

It wasn't a terrible stay, but I think you can find a better option for the same price range.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I don't want to waste any time on reviewing this hotel since it brings up memories of a bad experience.

To keep it short: the staff at the hotel barely speak English.
They aren't very willing to help you when you've got any problems or so.
When they DO help you, they give incorrect information and when you confront them they simply laugh it away.

We stayed in two different rooms because of a short stay in Venice, both of the rooms didn't have wi-fi connection as promised (you had to go stand in the halway). 1 Room had a tv which you couldn't look at for longer than 5 minutes because of the terrible noise / snow on the screen.

There's also a possibility to acces the computer in the lobby, but only when the man at the reception isn't using it at the reception, and if he feels like handing it over. I had to book the train to Venice the night before we wanted to go so I needed the computer very badly and when I asked for it the man at the reception sighed and told me he'd be ready in 15 minutes.. I needn't tell you that this was not the case..

Beware people with disabilities, the elevator only reaches down to floor 1, so if you're disabled or if you're bringing heavy luggage, you first have to go up to the first floor and only then you can take the elevator.

The only good thing about our stay in this hotel was the proximity of the train station..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com