“A great time”

Villa San Lorenzo Maria Hotel
Ranked #114 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
“A great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Villa San Lorenzo for 4 nights and had a great time. I always read the negative reviews before I go anywhere because I have found that if I am aware of any issues I can usually avoid them. With that in mind I emailed the hotel asking for a room with a court yard view. We got a coach from the airport to the termini station and walked from there to the hotel to get familiar with our new surroundings. On arrival to the hotel we received a friendly welcome and were shown our room which was compact, clean and had a courtyard view. Previous reviews have moaned that the shower is too small, I am a 6'2" body builder and I found it cozy but not too small so who knows how big these people are. The actual area the hotel is located is perfect, far enough from the centre to experience real Italy with all the restaurants that surround the hotel. There are also great transport links to the centre. The number 3 tram stop is right outside and will get you to the colleseum in under 10 mins. Special thanks to Antonio the hotel manager for all his advice, if you let him help you plan your days you will not need a guidebook. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and already have, hopefully we will be back soon :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
TORONTO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am travelling through Italy for work, visiting family and to complete the Maritona di Roma. I am here for a few more days and have to say this hotel is incredible.
The reception/concierge staff are certainly one of the many highlights to my stay. They are wonderfully hospitable and kind to everyone, even some that may be slightly inconsiderate. They show care, humour and understanding to language barriers. Some of the most polite and professional staff I have seen in my career.
The rooms are spotless. I found this to be very impressive. The towels are linen and truly the finest. The decor is heritage themed but not tacky. No dirt, no bugs no dust etc.....SPOTLESS!
The breakfasts are large, full of variety as I am vegetarian and constantly refilled. Lots of fruit, pastries, cheese, cookies, cereal, cakes, eggs, and so much more.
The cappuccino's are some of the best I have ever had.
The location is close to all transportation and pizzerias.
I am excited to stay here for a few more days and am so pleased to this decision.
Maria

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mariaelantra
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The building is interesting; it helps to feel the Rome atmosphere. Near to the tram station, it is easy to go anywhere in the city. The staff is great, very sympathetic and friendly. The breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Take the rooms with porchs, in front.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Redding, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Read the reviews and looked at pictures, thought this hotel was perfect! And the hotel itself is really nice, great customer service, clean room, free breakfast, free wifi! It really was a lovely little place, however I walked there and it's clearly not in a good part of town!! I did a lot of walking on my trip and the surrounding area didn't give me warm fuzzies. Normally I try to find somewhere near my hotel to eat, in this case I was sure not too! Again, hotel is very nice, I just wish I had known it was in a seedy part of town!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank asiamurry
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My lovely wife Iris and our two kids had a great and lovely time in Rome, sure due to the excellent hotel. From arrival to the last day, Antonio and his crew "served" us so to have an unforgettable experience. We sure recommend this place to all of our friends out there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Worsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We arrived at the hotel about 1.00 pm greeted with smiles and a coffee. We started our trip at Ciampino airport from there we got the local bus at bus stop 2 that takes you just around the back of the airport to the Railway station, there we got the train on platform 2, into Rome termini the whole journey took about 1/2 an hour much better than the airport bus that we know took 55 mins. the cost of the journey 2.7 euros. one way well worth the slight detour. DO remember to activate your rail ticket before getting on the train. At the hotel we were given a map and good advise how to get around Rome, which bus or tram to get or if it was easy enough to walk. All the staff said 'Hello' with a smile. Our room was 307 yes it was small but we only slept there it was big enough for the weeks stay. We had LOADS of hot water every time we turn on the taps you needed a nice LONG hot shower after you have been walking the streets all day. Breakfast was very good plenty of coffee and tea lots of variety, juices and milk. There was a selection of meats, eggs, cereal, bread, yogurt cakes and cheeses. We could not of asked for anything more it was very good. our stay was for 4 nights and we would stay at this hotel again if we returned to Rome. The outside is cute with its shuttered windows and little garden which would of been nice to sit in if the weather had allowed.

Room Tip: We stayed in 307, we slept with the window open each night in feb and we were not disturbed by any t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank k r
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 14-16 February and had a GREAT experience.

From our arrival to our departure the staff was SUPER friendly! The hotel itself is a little bit off the beaten path, however, is less than 5 minute walk to a tram stop making getting around the city super easy.

The rooms are small, but, then again this is Europe. The breakfast was more than enough - pastries, fresh meat/cheese/eggs, fruit, various snacks. There was also free wifi.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and likely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple