If you are looking for peaceful location in Rome you are on the right place.
In short I will give you positive sides and negative.
It was my first visit to Rome so no experience with other hotels in Rome but in Italy yes.
+ nice peaceful location, lots of green, residential area
+ nice garden, birds in the morning, fair breakfast, nice reception area,nice staff willing to help
+ quite close to Colloseum and Forum Romanum, Bocca della Verita, Circo Massimo, Terme di
Caracalla, you can reach also other parts walking but the traffic is horrible so we prefered saving our energy and used buses
+ WI-FI worked good
here we come to the negative sides:
- for those ones who don't prefer walking to much - you have to walk cca 10 min to reach
the nearest bus station ( we didn't mind)
- there are obviously more types of rooms ( what you cant see in the time of the booking), 3 buildings, rooms we had were quite small, bathrooms one was yes nice marble bathroom other one not so big but adequate, rooms are in need of painting and better maintenance ( at least these ones we had)
- sound insulation of the rooms ( you can hear all, water, toilet , talking TV from another room)
so as long as your neighbours are polite all OK, mostly were middle aged guests so expect all will calm till 11 pm
- some rooms probably have view in our case no view at all ( not important for us)
- really very small TV ( not so important we didn't came to watch TV but...)
- maids could do their job better, clean yes but could be better
- nearest restaurants and shops on 15 min walking not a big issue but only to know and when you come very late in the evening not knowing nothing about Rome and area keep this in mind
-avoid rooms on the ground level (happy we didn't have those), thank you hotel staff
To conclude I loved my stay here and would come again as I loved the location only maybe next time I will try to be sure to have maybe nicer rooms in the spite of paying more for them.
If I knew that choosing the special offer (sincerely I thought that the offer was because of the longer stay as it was written for stays 5 days) means step down I wouldn't choose this "special offer" but would book regularly without using this "tourist trap".
That should be clear on the hotel web site if this is the case. If this is not the case than I am sad and disappointed because I booked almost 4 months in advance two rooms for 5 days and still have the feeling ...
But in the end we spent less money and in Rome you have so much to see so hotel room is not so important at all.
Thank you once more to all of you in Hotel Villa San Pio we had wonderful days in "citta eterna".
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Villa San Pio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel San Pio
- San Pio Hotel