Hotel Villa San Pio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
1,512 results
All reviewsaventine hillcircus maximuscirco massimoresidential areaorange gardenminute walkromantic hotelpeace and quietbusy citylovely hotelmarble bathroomwithin walking distancethe breakfast areahotel is locatedcentral rometourist sitestriple room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is our FAVORITE "home" in Rome, have stayed there many times. It is not flashy and perhaps a bit showing its age, but it offers everything a vacationer or business traveler needs. The location is wonderful: very quiet, residential area yet with easy access to all manner of public transportation and within walking distance of a lot of the big attractions. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable and VERY clean. The property is in a garden setting with privacy and includes a delightful gazebo in the garden where a delicious breakfast (included) is served daily. The staff is MOST friendly and helpful. Just to single a few: Rita Maglalang at the front desk is just what you'd wish for - knowledgeable, cheerful and eager to help. So is her assistant, Fabrizio Fabbri. And Agapito, a jack-of-all-trades in the lounge will make you your favorite drink, a snack and, if you ask, tell you an AMAZING story about his family. This is THE place for us in Rome!!!

Room Tip: Our favorite for many years has been room 269.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Fred,
It is a real pleasure learning that our Villa San Pio hotel means so much for you that you consider it as your “home” in Rome! Rita, Fabrizio and Agapito are very thrilled and proud to be mentioned in your beautiful review, as well as the rest of our friendly and kind staff! It is very important for us get a positive feedback about our villa from such a valuable and regular guest as you are!
We are looking forward to pamper you again, because, after all, “home is where the hearth is”!

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This place is an absolute treasure in central Rome. Waking up to birds chirping, sun and palm tree view form the window. Just what is needed after winter. Totally forgot I was here for work. All rooms are great and quiet. Staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your good impressions about our “treasure”!
We are very glad you could enjoy moments of spring in Rome and the pleasant atmosphere of our hotel, even if you travelled for work!
We are looking forward for your next stay then! No matters if it is for work or for leisure because our green and sunny villa is very relaxing!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends birthday and Im so glad I did, this hotel was way above our expectations, it should be a five star hotel.
The Hotel is very pretty, very Italian designed, and extreamly clean, the staff were all amazing, the receptionist called 'Fabrizio' was so helpful to us in every way, he even sent my boyfriend and I champagne and pistachio nuts upto our room the evening of my boyfreinds birthday, compliments of the hotel, how very sweet, much appreciated,
I can not praise this hotel highly enough, from decor to staff, we were even upgraded to a balcony room with compliments of the hotel on our arrival, simply perfect,
Im very fussy were I stay when on holidays and I would only stay in this hotel, if my boyfriend and I ever returned to Rome.
Its very central within walking distance from a lot of attractions, 10 mins walk from the Piramide/Mouth of Truth/Circo Massimo and many more, 5 mins walk from tube, bus stops and restaurants, one of which was a roof top fish restaurant called Consolini, recommended by the hotel, very pretty romantic restaurant and food and service was brilliant,
All I can say is we both recommend this hotel to all people that might have the pleasure in staying with the Hotel Villa San Pio.

5  Thank SmartTraveller1956
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your positive description of our hotel Villa San Pio! It is a pleasure learning that you choose our villa amongst the others to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday! Indeed, Villa San Pio hotel is very welcoming and is perfect to spent special events. Fabrizio is very thrilled to be mentioned by you and he will be happy to greet you again, as the rest of us, because we are so proud when guests choose every time our hotel for their stays!
Hope to welcome you very soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

my girlfriend booked the holiday as a birthday surprise.she could not have picked a better hotel,clean,well positioned for metro and local restaurants.breakfast buffet was anything from continental to bacon and eggs.the staff were friendly and helpful.I hope my Trevi fountain wish comes true and we return to Rome Villa san pio will be my choice again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JEBGolf

Dear John,
we really hope your wish comes true very soon and enjoy again our warm hospitality!
We are glad to know you liked Villa San Pio hotel so much as well as the service we offer every single day.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

In all, nice hotel though not very central and you have to walk 10-15 minutes up and down the hill.
However the very bad experience is that I lost 600 € in the hotel. Surely it was my mistake, I am sure that either I have forgotten to put them in the safe or dropped them in the restaurant, but the reaction of the personnel in the reception was very indifferent. They said the maid has seen nothing and they claimed that may be one of the " GUESTS !!!! " took them. REALLYYYY!!!!!
Anyway I know that I share the responsibility, but I expected at least a proper response from the management that is supposed to be professionel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Villa San Pio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear guest,
I am really displeased to read your email about the bad experience. I understand your point and I definitely agree with you that the staff could have been more sympathetic and professional about it!
I have investigated with the staff on duty that day and they really didn’t know what to do or suggest as you were not even sure where you lost the money and that anyone could have found them in a public place like hotel, restaurant or street and took them!
Of course if someone of the staff finds lost item has responsibility and I assure you they always do it, no matter if we are dealing with money, jewelry or other items for clients to collect them.
We hope this bad experience do not ruin your memories and your Roman trip.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.