“Terrible place!”

Ranked #640 of 1,070 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Koszalin, Poland
“Terrible place!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I'd never meet with so a big lie! The opinions and informations was totally diffrent than reality.
The staff was very rude, not all i dont want to generalize.
The worst think is the lagguage room where i could leave my staff. It was dirrty, terrible room, old bathroom, everybody can enter there - so my staff wasn't safety.
I'm not very demanding person, but i was ready to pay for totally diffrent things.
I feel cheated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Skanata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here 5 nights with a friend in July. The hostel is located very well, close to Termini, the central station of Rome. However it's very old and crappy. The beds actually need replacement (you think they will break down when someone swaps sides) and we stayed in a room next to the street which almost made it impossible to sleep at night because of the noise. My first day the shower was cold, the second day I had to try 3 showers before I found one that actually worked.

When we checked in and Mario (the Spanish one) was very rude. He did not provide us any information and he wasn't friendly. During the week we asked him about where a nice place to watch the football game (worldcup) his answer; in the pub below (where if you dont buy a beer within 5 minutes after entrance you will be kicked out). we decided to give it another try; a nice place to have breakfast? His answer: in the hostel. Terrible unfriendly guy.
However Johannes, who works during nightime is superfriendly and he will tell you all in and out-sides about Rome.

My experience; a crappy hostel with cleaning employees whom are more friendly then the reception staff. I suggest you to have another look because you won't find yourself comfortable staying here.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here please make sure to get a room far away from the streets (windows are ope...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank julia b

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited 3 countries and stayed in 5 different Hostels/Hotels during my trip and this one ranked pretty low. I stayed in a mixed dorm, which was fine, but the quality of the dorm is ABSOLUTELY not what they have pictured. The bunk-beds were super rickety and the matresses were covered in plastic which makes climbing into bed and getting comfy really awkward and loud. The whole feeling of the place was just old and dirty. I will say, one of the people traveling in my group booked a single room and it did appear to be clean and comfortable. So, I guess to sum it all up, you get what you pay for. If you're planning on staying in the dorm, you should re-think staying at the M&J.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NEL83
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Upon readings the reviews; a friend and I were hesitant to stay here. Alas we kept the booking. The hostel staff were welcoming on arrive and throughout our stay advising us on different places to visit (well done blonde lady at reception very helpful).

The bed bug issue was our biggest concern but was non existent due to the plastic covered mattresses. No problems sleeping at all. Given the fact that it's a hostel people coming and going at night is tolerable.

Only qualm was that we were on the 3rd floor making it hard to carry luggage up the steep staircase because the lift isn't operable to hostel patrons.

You get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked the hotel and pre-book Vatican City trip few weeks in advance. But we only being informed that Vatican is closed on Sunday upon checked-in. Well, I personally think that we should be told in advance because we actually changed our plan to go to Vatican City instead of La Spezia! But we ended up no going to any of it!

There is no hot water in the bathroom no matter morning or night. Well, at least not the one we were staying. The internet is only available on the reception floor but not the room.

We paid the same rate as other hostels we stayed but what we got were very different.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank skylover2003
Anchorage
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

A serviceable place with a few fatal flaws:

Room 101 is a single island room with noise all around- behind the headboard is the common room, on one side is reception/vending/noisy secondary meeting spot, in front is tiled hallway so everybody going by echoes into the room, to the other side is a dismal courtyard/boiler room/ laundry area that reverberates with the sound of music and merry-making from the bar below until at least 2am.

The cot was saggy. There were crumbs from the previous guest all over.

Strangely, I would notice things in my toilet that I did not leave there when I left that morning...

On the plus side- apparently I was the only person in the hotel to have hot water for my shower.

All this talk of bedbugs there is not surprising, but I haven't seen any on my stuff....yet.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 32FlavorsAndThenSome
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I got bedbugs at this place and the man that was working at the desk at the time was nice and apologetic but the owner acted like he was doing me a huge favor by giving me reduced rates for the rest of my stay when I should have gotten them for free. I don't recommend staying here. Also, it is above a very loud bar that makes it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends