“would not stay at this hotel again.”
Review of Hotel Panda

Hotel Panda
Ranked #614 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Tiny room, shower small, you need to be able to slide sideways to get into the shower. There are steps to get to the toilet and sink on the second floor. Do not get a window to the street. Lots of noise and if it is summer and hot, you will be hearing all the people singing, talking from the local restaurants downstairs. Didn't get our towels changed, we didn't soap and shampoo daily. No closet space, and no hangers to hang anything. Staff was not friendly. It was close to the Metro, and there was free wifi. Too many steps to get into the room, and many more to get up to the toilet. There are restaurants nearby, but all over Rome there are restaurants. There is no breakfast included, they give you a voucher to the local restaurant for breakfast but they charge you 5 euros, and you can go there yourself and pay less for the same thing. So don't bother with the voucher. I think the most important thing is that if you are obese, you will not be able to take a shower and this is important to now.

Room Tip: Get rooms that are facing the garden, most hotels in Rome face either the street or the inner garden...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lookageless

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located right around the corner from the Spanish steps and on a street with some great little shops and restaurants. It's also perpendicular to Via di Corso, one of the main streets in Roma that leads to most of the attractions. I had a package delivered and the staff had no problem holding on to it for me. They also held our suitcases on our last day after we checked out so we could go to breakfast without carrying them with us. I would definitely return here again!

Side note: if you're facing the doors, the restaurant directly to your left is fantastic- the owner is adorable and loves to help you pick your meal. Gluten free pasta option as well!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I'm a little sky-blu bunny glob trotter:
London and Paris , then Rome!

So I stay at Pensione Panda, in the heart of Rome: Via della Croce is just near Piazza di Spagna.
I found this little hotel many years ago.
It's tiny, clean and nice but also not expensive, and then -last but not least- it's SAFE!!!!

Infact I had a bad experience in a chip bad hotel in the heart of Paris ( see my last review about that) where I have been robbed of some clothes were locked up in my room in the closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No assistance from the management (sure of the “absolute reliability” of own staff).
I have got nothing else that an invitation to report the matter to the police (ABSURD! being in Paris three days to see Eifel tower and Louvre and then spending a day at the police station.
This has been the worst experience in my traveller life.)
So I worried something alike also in Rome..
Instead in Rome there is this tiny and nice "Pensione Panda": it is perfect for me.
I know this place since many years and doesnt't never get me disappointed.
It's ok! Signed: Puni Puniglietto

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Puni P
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Very good location near the Spanish steps , Piazza del
Popolo and Villa Borghese.
My room was small and clean with a double bed ideal for a single traveller and shared bathroom is very small . I had a very quiet back bedroom . One thing is there is no lift and on the 2nd floor .
Excellent value for money .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is exactly what we were looking for; cheap clean room that slept two. We upgraded to have our own bathroom which in our opinion was well worth it. We didn't want to pay a lot for a room because we were in Rome, we wanted to spend our money and time out exploring the city. The location was perfect, short walk to the Spanish Steps and many great restaurants. The metro station is located next to the Spanish Steps which made traveling to all the city sites that much easier. Free Wi-Fi was great for looking up reviews of local restaurants and we even had a TV in the room which we weren't expecting. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom wasn't anything special but worked perfectly for what we needed. The only downfall was that breakfast was not included, but we just grabbed something from the café next door. Definitely will be staying here again and would recommend to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben R
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was our second stay at the Panda (first was in 2010). The price was the highest we paid on our current trip (covering Rome, Barcelona, Paris, the Riviera, Bordeaux and Provence) but it was still only 108 Euros for a great hotel in the center of Rome. Even so, we still averaged $100 US per night for the month.
The Panda is in a great location; you can walk everywhere: Forum, Colosseum, Vatican, Travestre area, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Trevi Fountain
There is an elevator but you need to go up a short flight to get to it and it still leaves you a short flight to the hotel entrance. So pack light, like you should. The stairs work fine if you don't like small elevators
Both trips we had rooms overlooking the street in front of the hotel. It is primarily a pedestrian street but cabs can get you to the hotel (or close enough). There is a little noise in the morning from the street cleaning, etc. but it's a small price to pay for being able to lean out the window and watch people walk, eat and mingle. Plus you could close the window, I guess. We like to keep them open to feel that we are a small part of the city.
The staff was excellent as always. They speak English and helped us get a car each time to take us to the cruise port.
We had room 31 (I think). It was great for the two of us plus it had a small loft up with a single bed that we used to store our luggage but would be great for a small family.

Room Tip: our room had a nice loft with a single bed in addition to the double bed. might have been room 31...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel in a fantastic location. One minute from everything. It's true there are stairs but they are comfortable and there is a lift. Loved the quasi renaissance sculpture in the bathroom. Rooms a good size. Felt like discovering a terrific secret.

• Stayed: November 2013