“could be better”

The Fiesta Terrace Youth Hostel
The Fiesta Terrace Youth Hostel
Ranked #779 of 1,134 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 28 March 2012

this hostel is near termini train station.location is not very good but it is close to transportation.if you like to walk you can go to collesium by walking.and also you can see the most of the rome by walking.internet is free but wi-fi didn't work at our room we have to use the lobby.there is not enough lobby.and the reception doesn't look like a reception.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Fiesta Terrace Youth Hostel

Reviewed 19 December 2011

The prices and location of this hostel is what attracted me and I'm pleased to say that we are quite satisfied with our stay at this place.

I was a little worried after reading a couple of reviews about this place but I wanted to give it a try myself, and I'm quite pleased to say that I was quite satisfied with my experience at this place.

Most of Rome's attractions are at walking distance from this place. The room was clean and ready when we got there and the staff was very nice and helpful. What else can we ask for for such a low rate?

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Our room wasnt ready (though it was 1am and I booked weeks in advanced), they tried to overcharge us and told me my reciept online was wrong. They barely spoke english (not italian either) it was frustrating and eventually put us in a random room. The room was alright, but then they changed our room without telling us and moved OUR luggage and belongings into another room with one bed (for me and my brother) because the other room there was two girls ( they didnt mind and neither did we). I still can't believe they touched our stuff and moved it. And they were never in the office EVER. and only plugs were in the hallways.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tmacdaddy91
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I cant even give the rooms a rating because I didn't see one. After the receptionist saw us, he called someone on the phone. Then told us our room had been taken. So he walked us to the front gate where another guy was waiting. They said they'd take us somewhere else. They walked us down the street to a different building and said we could stay there. There was a small sign near the door that said 'relaxo'. A guy answered the door, but would only stick his head out, not fully open the door, until we agreed to go down the steps. It didn't look like a hostel, it looked like a brothel. You walked down some steps from the front door, and there were some couches, then more stairs leading down. The inside was dimly lit with a blue light (to stop injecting drug using). I think they were going to kidnap us. We ran and stayed in a hotel. Don't stay here, the whole area is scary. Walking through the streets there are prostitutes and sleeping drunk homeless people everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank EmTomm
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I can recommend this hostel to young travellers, for 3-4 nights. It is very close to the Colosseum, and not far from the other attractions. It is not a high quality, but enough if you need only a room.
I read the reviews before my tripp, and I afraid from the location, but it was OK. We made long trips in the evening too, and nobody disturbs us.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Room was not ready, despite us having agreed on an early check in. Facilities were dirty and sub-standard. All of that is nothing compared to the SHOCKING service. Manager/owner is rude, unprofessional and uninterested. We checked out of this dump and went to the wonderful, and reasonably priced, Best Western just down the road.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeoHL
Reviewed 30 September 2010

This hostel is an absolute disgrace. The people who work there are too busy SMSing to greet you and treat you with any kind of professionalism or respect. Once your arrive they put you out the back so they can scurry and make space for you. The dorm rooms have NO LOCKS, so we were barged in on numerous times. One night, the operators set up an extra makeshift bed in an inappropriately small space in the corner, to make an extra buck. Don't expect to be put into the room you booked. the hostel is in a creepy area where we saw someone get knifed in our first 10mins in Rome. AVOID AVOID!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple