“Bad surprises waiting for you”
Review of Hostel Beauty

Hostel Beauty
Ranked #845 of 1,182 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've been in Hostel Beautiful for one night with a friend. We'd booked a twin room with shared bathroom. Reaching the hostel is just a quick walk from Termini station, which is definitely a plus. The neighborhood is certainly not nice, which you would reasonably expect from an Italian hostel so close to the train station, so that was no surprise and for one night, we sure didn't mind.

Finding the place is kind of difficult though, because there are no signs on the street and the hostel itself occupies a flat on the 2nd floor of a building. When we first arrived, the guy at the reception was not really nice, spoke no Italian at all and actually spoke a really poor English as well. The guy from India that was on shift during the night, however, was really nice and friendly, but still, he spoke no Italian and was not able at all to help us with directions and information about the city.

Our room was really spacious, with a nice, big window and lots of free space. Unlike the hall of the hostel, which smelled really bad, it was pretty clean. The beds were comfortable and there was even an extra blanket in the closet. Thank God, because there was no heating!!! It's the end of November, and outside it was about 8 degrees. In the room there was actually one radiator, but unfortunately it was off.

The worst part, however, was this: The bathroom was across the hallway, meaning that we had to walk past the reception and past the main door in order to reach it from our room. Seriously NOT pleasant.
Our room was in fact right next to the reception, and apparently the walls are very thin, because we could clearly hear the reception guy talking on Skype - so he could probably hear us as well. Kudos for the privacy.
The bathroom itself was pretty dirty, only one toilet for both men and women, showers not working really well, no hairdryers.

Positive points are the location and the fact that it is open all night long, so you can go out and enjoy your night and go home whenever you want. They do not have a proper night shift, though: The reception guy sleeps right in the reception area, on the floor, and you simply wake him up when you ring the bell. You do feel sorry for him.

We didn't have the highest expectations about this hostel, but we were pretty disappointed nonetheless. I am sure you can find a better accommodation in Rome for about the same price.

Room Tip: If you choose the twin room with shared bathroom, specifically ask them NOT to give you the one next...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank La_Simona_G

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My stay at this hostel was fantastic! When I arrived late for my booking they welcomed me in without a problem, and then helped me to find somewhere to eat. The staff, especially Mike, were very friendly, and he helped me find all the major sights in town on the map and showed me how to get to them! And on top of that he was stunningly handsome! My room was very clean, along with the bathrooms which always had hot water. The location is also amazing as it is only a couple short blocks from Rome's main station. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone who wants an easy and enjoyable stay in Roma!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Timmons007
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Unfortunately i slept in this place, but i really wonder if all those positive reviews i saw online are for real!
I don't know where to start.....

First of all there's no sign outside, wich is a bit strange.
Staff spoke bad english and almost no italian,they couldn't give any usefull info on Rome.
I wonder what they do when italians stay there?!We didn't get a proper receipt after paying the full amount for our stay.

After checking in we requested if there were towels in the room, the answer was "no - you have to pay 2 euros per towel"! The so called towel was TINY, i couldn't believe it.

The room and common areas+kitchen was not the cleanest. The room was never cleaned during our stay, and sometimes there was no hot water in the shower.Also wifi was not working in the room...come on, it's 2013!

The kitchen had no cuttleries or plates/knives/forkes.Everything is broken and dirty!

Oh i almost forgot, when we asked for a map of Rome they told us they were finished................

I believe you can find better places in Rome, for a cheaper price.
Would never stay again, and i don't recomend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here on my InterRail trip. I slept in a 4-Bed-Room which was ok. The "bathroom" was extremly small and not clean. :(
The location is pretty good, close to the station. This side of the station Termini is better than the northern one, because there are more criminals.
In the building there is an Elevator and nearby is a Supermarket.
The staff speaks english.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hostel did not meet my very reasonable expectations. I am aware that you get what you pay for and that you cannot expect too much from budget accomodation, however cleanliness is a must in my book! The location may at first seem like an attractive feature as it is close to the train station, but this is not a very friendly area, with gangs hanging around and homeless people sleeping practicaly under your window. You have to walk a fair distance to get to the nicer part of town. The floors were dirty. The windows didnt close properly. There were stains up the wall, wires hanging out of the cracked plaster. And the bathroom was full of rust and mould. The one thing it did have going for it however were the friendly staff. Overall not a nice experience and we were happy to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sophie1594
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Excellent location, very close to Rome Termini Train Station. Cheap, no frills hostel. The man at the desk was very helpful, provided us with a map including attractions, sights etc. He even took us to the Vatican to meet our tour guide. If you want somewhere cheap and basic to sleep at night I would recommend here.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are quite noisy when the window is open. Busy part of town.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is the thing with train station accommodations. They are cheap, but badly maintained and poorly equipped. This hostel really consists almost zero creature comforts, but the plus points to staying in this apartment is that it is located right beside Rome Termini, just outside the Terravision bus station, which provides 10 minute interval rides to Ciampino (40 Mins) and Fiumicino (1hr) Airports.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo