“My beautiful stay in Rome”
Review of Hotel Philia

Hotel Philia
Ranked #1,136 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We spent here 3 days and We enjoyed our stay. The staff Was very nice, Sharon and Alessia helped us in finding restaurants, bars, clubs. They booked us the tickets for the Sistine Chapel and for the Galleria Borghese. The breakfast Was great even though it Was just a continental breakfast without salads and meat, the boy Who served us Was funny and gentle. The room Was cleaned everyday, and everyday the smell Was of fresh and clean!!! The towels were changed every 2 days! We had 30 minutes of Free wifi to use in the room or in the hall. The power of the signal Was very strong and We did not encounter any problem at all! We felt Like home! The neighbourhood Was ok! Finally I'll advice it to my family and my friends! I hope to came back there in my next trip to Rome.

Best regards

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Pinco P
There are newer reviews for Hotel Philia

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights and once i entered the room it is clean and neat. I read some of the reviews and was imagining a nasty hotel. But i was wrong, plus the staff was great they helped me a lot and suggested me good places to go to.
Thank you miss sharon!!
Good luck on everything and God Bless..

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank JonasKevin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at the hotel three nights while in Rome. The hotel was average with nice people working there. The breakfast was good, with breads and pastries available. The hotel was very close to the Termini which was great because you can get a lot of things you need there. Walking from this location to the sights was easy and stress free :) Again, the actual hotel was just OK.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CSand2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I chose this hotel specifically for its location. It is near enough (5 mins leisurely walk) to Termini station to be a launching pad for everything. It is on the 2nd floor of a multi-hotel building along Via Palestro. There is an elevator.
I was surprised at the size of the room. I was fully expecting a tiny, typically European hotel room. This room for 3 (or 4) was spacious. We weren't bumping into each other or anything. We didn't have much of a view but there really isn't any view in that general area.
Unlike the other reviewers, we did have hot water. We had a good enough wifi connection (although it wasn't free) and we had filling (albeit continental) breakfasts.
Kudos to Emmanuel and Kevin for the valuable tourist advice.
No pool, no gym, no kids activities. Manage your expectations, people. This hotel was meant for tourists of Rome, the eternal city, not to stay in and honeymoon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank purplepinay
lolly89, Proprietario at Hotel Philia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind review.
We really appreciate the fact that you spent your time on writing it.
I hope you enjoyed your staying in our hotel and I wish to see you again in your next trip to Rome.
Wishing you all the best
Sharon

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've been in this hotel for a week end in November... I was a bit afraid because of the other rewiew but I can say that I really felt home. My room was on the third floor and of I remember well the number should be 334. That room has 3 windows, it' s a very big room and you got 3 different views, one on the main street, the other one on Castro Pretorio, and another looks the cross. It could seem that it' s a noisy room, but believe me I did not hear traffic or other noises... There is wifi connection Also in the room, obviously for extra charge, like the other hotels in the same area. The staff was young, and they will advice you about restaurants, excursions, bars, disco, museums, churches, pubblic transportation everything you need to enjoy your holidays! We checked in more or less at 2 p.m., the receptionist gave us a map and showed us the route to get to Colisseum, and Spanish Steps by walk!!! We did it and she was right! It took 20 minutes!!!! Wow!!!!! Definitely I think that this hotel is the best choise it you want to stay in the downtown, even if because it is not exepensive... I will recommend it to all my friends!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Venere M
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Bad hotel. No hot water 80% of time. Problems with shower - didn't work door. Water in shower doesn't go out. We was told about this problem on reception,but problem doesn't resolved.
Wifi 5 Euro per 12h. Very expensive in 21 century. And work just with one device.
Breakfast in 9.00 ful for 15% .
But very good roomkeaper. Every day room was cleaned.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Barkas333
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I Spent in this family-run hotel 3 days in November. The room was great, it was very clean and everything worked Well. The TV worked even if it has just italian channels, the wifi work properly, the heating was super and at the end of the Day I could take my shower in a Marble Jacuzzi shower... I really loved it!!!! the staff was great, they gave me a lot of good advices! I recomend it!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends