1,157 results
All reviews ponte lungo tuscolana station train noise hi express bus stop hotel is located yogurt minute walk residential area fiumicino airport breakfast was excellent main attractions very nice hotel public transportation late at night budget hotel cold cuts
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The rooms are ok and the beds comfortable. However, contrary to What is mentioned on the website there is no tea / coffee maker in the room or otherwise other than breakfast. This is a basic facility in almost all hotels now ! The hotel is located close to a major train station so there is bound to be some noise from the trains passing. However as I used the hotel mainly to sleep at night the train service stops So was not bothered by the noise. They have a full breakfast including eggs; however surprisingly if you need an omelette or boiled eggs or any preparation other than the scrambled eggs on the buffet you need to pay extra for it which Again is surprising.
Overall good value for money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Cangrande R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guarava62,
Thank you for the good review! We are very happy to read that you were pleased with our convenient location and the excellent benefit-cost ratio, however I take this chance to remember to all readers the coffee/tea maker are not at free disposal in the rooms because it depends from the habit of the Italian Costumers to drink uniquely coffee made with espresso machine and it could be done only at the Hotel Bar, and not to prepare them self in to the room.
As advised on the information booklet available on the every room-desk, we kindly advise to solicit for it at the Reception Desk and it will be delivered it up to the rooms immediately.
It has been opted for this way for children security as well as to avoid stains on the room carpet.
Hoping to be able to welcome you as favorite Guest next time you will be in Rome, I remain with kind regards.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I visited in June as a couple to attend a wedding at another venue. The price and services were good and I am an IHG member so that is also good. The location is a little out of the way but the price was good and the train and metro close. We got checked in early and the room was good with a balcony overlooking the restaurant.
The weirdness happened when I went to have a drink in the courtyard. The open seating is separated into bar and restaurant seating but this is not at all clear. I sat and waited and did not get served. When I asked it appeared I was in bar seating and not restaurant seating.
After several minutes I managed to get a menu for the bar drinks but there was no beer listed. As I wanted a beer I was disappointed and decided to leave. As I left the bar person said there was beer but it was not on the menu. By this stage I just wanted to leave so I did.

The hotel is generally good but this type of poor service is likely to hurt its future success.

I would recommend the hotel as a place to stay but not as a place to eat or drink at.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mick M.
I’m sorry to read you have been unsatisfied with the Bar service, let me assure you I’ll go into deep with the Food and Beverage Manager to avoid this kind of issue will happen once again.
Anyway I’m glad to know our rooms and Hotel location have been able to fulfill your expectations.
Hoping you will allow us a second chance next time you will come to Rome, I remain with kind regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for our 4da vacation in Rome. Good ambience and staff. Large selection for breakfast. Our daily dinner was frim their restaurant. That was probably the best I had.
Rooms are well maintenence and sanitized everyday with some O2 technology.(not sure about the name). Walkable distance to Metro,bus and Railway stations.
Ya,I took the train to Airport and made it on time rather than taxi.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stan4lee

Dear Stan4lee,
Thank you for the high score review you posted here. We are very happy to read that you were pleased with your stay, and that you enjoyed our friendly staff, the cleanliness of the entire property, the complimentary Hot American Breakfast Buffet and our excellent location to go everywhere by public transportation.

We have been proud to be your hotel of choice in Rome and looking forward to welcome as favorite Guest, I remain with kind regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Like many other reviewers we were shocked at the neighborhood when we first arrived. It's in a very run down area and we made sure to be back each day well before dark. We only had a few days in Rome so we made do, but would not recommend to friends. The funny part was the guy at the front desk (Roberto I think) had an attitude like he was working at a 5 star hotel. One positive - the staff at breakfast was friendly & efficient.

Stayed: May 2018
Cangrande R, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
we're sorry about your bad impression about the Hotel neighborhood, but as you red other reviews, you should have red also our responses. The Hotel neighborhood is a residential area, with shops, restaurants, bar, schools, churches and as you could have realized during your stay, nothing scary or dangerous never happen. Regarding graffiti, unfortunately is a problem that many big cities have, but the Hotel can't do much to solve this problem.
Regarding our front desk attendant, by your words we can't understand very much what you mean about a possible wrong behaviour. If you could be more precise, we can understand what happened.
We Remain at complete disposal for further assistance.
Best regards.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel was booked for us by our travel agency. Obviously they’ve never been there. It’s fairly close to the subway and bus stop, but hard to walk after hours because the neighborhood feels like you are in the ghetto. The best thing about the hotel is it’s breakfast which was quite good, but the staff does not seem happy to be there in the morning. And if you need coffee before it opens (at 6:30) you either go without or have to pay for it because there’s nothing in the room. The bed was comfortable- but the bathrooms are so small (because they needed to make sure the was still room for a bidet! Seriously?!...having a shower large enough to bend over to shave your legs seems a lot more important than a bidet!) we had to keep taking turns getting ready in the morning. Oh, and they generously give you two little disposable cups everyday - and if you request anything more substantial (like for the bottle of wine you just got at the mini mart), forget about it. There’s so many cute places in Rome- but this isn’t one of them.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy L
Cangrande R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Cindy L,

The bidet is part of the Italian culture since the beginning of XVIII century and it guarantees an high hygiene standard and you can find it inside all Italian private houses, not only in the Hotel bathrooms.

His advantages are common to most of Europe Countries as Germany, Austria, Spain and only now after more than 200 years it starts to became of common use in United Kingdom and United States of America.

Regarding the location you don’t find convenient, I’d like to highlight it is clearly written on our official web page where the Hotel is located. To complain about a location after have being there, especially if it is well defined, it is rather odd because the place has to be considered if favorable or not to your own needs before to book.

You wrote the reservation at our property was made from your travel agency, thus you should tell them you would overnight facing Navona Square instead of let them book where they know to find an excellent benefit-cost ratio.

The neighborhood of San Giovanni is a residential area and, despite to the appearance, it is really quiet and safe at day and night time. It is located in the south part of the historical city centre at only 2.5 mi. from the real Rome’s Heartbeat: the Flavian Amphitheatre, also known world-wide as Colosseum.

It is absolutely not a ghetto, as you wrote, because the real suburbs are near the bounders of the city at almost 25 mi. from here!

I’d like to highlight on our street are also 2 Dancing Schools very popular by girls even during the night hours and in front of the Hotel there is an High School with more than 500 students, all of this just to specify the area could not be dangerous at all.

Maybe you are not used to travel a lot, otherwise you should have known the complimentary breakfast buffet has his own operating hours, from 06:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., out of this time if you need drinks or snacks, you will find a 24H Lobby Bar on charge, of course.

I am at your disposal for any further information you might need.
With best regards,