“You can find better...and not kid friendly management”
Review of Hotel Giorgi

Hotel Giorgi
Ranked #1,053 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Rooms were not as nice as they look in the picture, quite dated. Management not very tolerant of kids or maybe they just don't like Americans, but bad attitude. Only good thing was the location near the central train terminal. You can definitely find better places for the money but we couldn't leave because we pre-booked with hotels.com.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 252anthonyk

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Arrived late evening, to a very tiny little room,just enough space to turn around, or lay on a double bed, an old man was at the reception, he didnt seem so grumpy after all, allthough it is a very old building it seems to have been refurbished recently, you get there what you have paid for . Myself being hotel employed, i must say there was spot clean everywhere. Breakfast was excellent absolutely nothing to critisize there. Location of the hotel just two minutes walk from Termini,buses and metro, many places tu buy food and drinks around.

Room Tip: maybe to get a room some bigger than the one we had
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frederiksenhenrik
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Having read all the reviews on this hotel I agree that the rooms are small. It is a 3 star hotel so I wasn't expecting much from the hotel itself... You get what you pay for. What I disliked was the extreme rudeness from every staff member I encountered. Firstly, I had 2 very heavy suitcases and they could see I was struggling to carry them. Not once did they offer to help me with them. The keys constantly didn't work, and with no apology, giving me the impression I was a hassle for just wanting to get into my room. I asked the grumpy old men at reception for help with directions to a couple of places in Rome to get the response "I don't know!". I then asked about a tour I was booked into and how to use the phones here to call them to confirm. The response was "there's the phone, you ring them!" There are many more instances I could comment on, but I'll leave it there. Don't stay at this hotel, it ruined my experience in Rome.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Emma F
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was recently spending four nights in this hotel. If I go back to Rome I will not doubt, but book the same hotel again. The very best is the location. Less than two minutes walk from Termini, in a very quiet street. The hotel is rated as a three stars hotel. The price off season is valueable and the room was in a good size. The bathroom had plenty space, and the shower had hot water all time. TV and "minibar" in the room, a fast Wifi connection for my tablet and windows to the backyard made me satisfied. I did not test the breakfast but the staff told me I could buy for 5 Euro. This time I did the Italian way with "caffe e cornetto" in coffeebars. The reception was in 1.floor and my room was in 3.floor. The lift was new and without noises. When I arrived a friendly staff checked me in without problems. The lady who cleaned the rooms was also very kind, and when I checked out it was completed in two minutes. Next door to the hotel you will find a little bar were you can buy coffee and food. The Termini district offer also a wide range of restaurants, bars and coffee shops.Buses for Vatikan is outside the trainstation, and Coluseum is within a walking distance from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kokk
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went here in 2012. This is how a three star hotel should be like. Nice friendly staff. Good size rooms. Good shower room. Great breakfast, lots to choose from. Great location and quiet. Very close to termini and all the buses. Pay the extra and you wont go wrong.

Room Tip: There are no complaints about this hotel. It is great value for money.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank amrik1627
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days. Location is great..close to termini and the metro(about 2 mins walk). Plenty of restaurant choices nearby. We were on the 1st floor and stayed in a suite as we are a family of four. The room was lovely; clean and spacious. I was expecting it to be small like most hotel rooms...at least this is my experience in Italy. The bathroom was nice and clean. My only gripe was that the jacuzzi tub could do with the jets being disinfected; although as I was only expecting a shower or normal bath, it wasn't an issue. We used the shower, which was fine. The sheets were spotless and the decor nice. The breakfast was nice and plenty of it. The tea was good, perfect to start the day with. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. They always said hello, as did we, and they made the kids feel welcome. They were happy to keep our bags past checking out time. The wifi was free, although coverage was patchy, but it was a nice bonus. Price was reasonable and we would definitely recommend and stay there again. As with all cities you need to watch your valuables.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank niksven
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Position of hotel was excellent. Wherever you were in Rome, there was transport going to Termini which was nearby. Our room was fine and everywhere was very clean : there was also a lounge with computer and newspapers. Good breakfast which included savory as well as the inevitable sweet foods(not always the case) We did not find either the proprietor or his wife grumpy. In fact, the staff were very kind and friendly : one just needed to remember that they were human beings, not multi-lingual robots. Hotels occupying one floor of a large old building are not uncommon on the continent : as long as the lift functions satisfactorily, as this one did, what's the problem?
Should have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple