Hotel Raffaello
US$937
US$477
  • Restaurant
2,638 results
All reviewsvia urbanapillow menutermini stationwithin walking distancejacuzzi showerpastriessanta maria maggiorebreakfast stafftop floorquiet streetcolosseum and forumlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentsister hotelfamily roomtrevi fountainside street
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I must say I am surprised by how positive most of the reviews are - I had to check I had stayed in the same place! I couldn't say I would recommend this hotel to others. The reception area is very dated, rooms were fairly small, and the bathroom in my 4th floor room smelled like drains. There were other strange quirks, such as having to carry your luggage from the elevator up or down a flight of stairs, and some rooms had very little in the way of a view.

But the two aspects of this hotel I found most odd were: the concierge - she pounced on us upon arrival to explain to us who she was, what a concierge was (we knew, thanks) and didn't seem to read the signals that we were tired and just wanted to get to our rooms. A simple query about getting a taxi to an address in the city prompted a long history lesson. She talked and talked at us without stopping, and didn't seem to be able to notice that we didn't have time/want to chat. Friendliness is one thing, but forced, overbearing friendliness is another.

The second thing I think lets the hotel down is the quality of their breakfast. It's not a particularly cheap place to stay, but the cereals, pastries and jams were clearly very cheap, and no better than I would expect in a backpacking hostel.

Based on our experience, I think I would find an alternative for my next stay in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Litro_K
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for writing down your opinion about Hotel Raffaello, it is important for us to know our guests' opinion, even in the negative aspects, as it is the only way of improving our services.

As part of my job is to answer to the reviews,too, I will have to be the one to answer to you, also.

I would like to begin by apologizing if I was too enthusiastic when welcoming you. Those were my first days at Raffaello, so I might have been too cheerful, I am sincerely sorry if that made you feel bad.

I would also like to remind you one of a hotels' strenght points is being able to resolve the guests' problems as soon as possible- it would have been enough for you to tell us about your bathroom drain, we would have solved the problem immediately.

Concerning the breakfast, it is strange you didn't like it, it is one of our strenght points, the products we serve our guests are the best quality ever, all our guests praise it. Our selected variety of pastries, cheeses, ham, scrumbled eggs, and everything else we offer are the best quality,and fresh every day.

We are sorry having dissapointed your expectations. Based on your suggestions, we will try to improve, as always, our services.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel was nice and clean, the location is about a 10 min walk to the train station, which was good for us bc we arrived by train, but not so good for any where else we wanted to go. It's a little bit removed from the major sites, but we still managed to walk everywhere without the use of taxis or public transit. The room was a good size and the washroom was large, but when you shower water spills out onto the floor and surrounding area, which drives me crazy. Overall, we were happy with our stay here and very much appreciated the complimentary bottle of champagne that we received to congratulate us on our wedding :)

I would stay here again for sure; the value was very good.

1  Thank AU_Toronto

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing your opinion about Raffaello. We would like to remind all Tripadvisor users have a special discount.

Again, congratulations for your wedding, best wishes!!!

I was amazed to see your opinion about the hotel's position, because all our guests consider the optimal location of our hotel.
I find it strange, because we are always here with maps and pens, explaining to our guests the shortest ways to get to the sites, like the Colosseum, which is 10 minutes away, if you walk.
All the most important sites are 15 minutes away, and we are 20 minutes away from the Vatican, if you use the subway.

We hope your next visit here you will discover the shortest ways around Rome, we will make sure to assist you. :)

We are looking forward to have you here as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is a small hotel, very friendly and clean. Breakfast was great in a nice breakfast room. Our room was spacious and bathroom was really big. Good location, handy for train, sight seeing and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again if we went back to Rome. Wallet was pick pocketed in centre of Rome so beware of thieves when sight seeing and also in train stations and on trains.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for writing the positive impression Raffaello made on you, and also remind you Tripadvisor users have a special discount.

We are sorry to hear about you being pickpocketed, I have the habitude of warning the guests on paying attention when they are in crowded places.

We hope you will back as soon as possible, and enjoy your time again, here with us.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Close to everything that Rome has to offer - while offering a peaceful respite from the noise of Rome.
Nearby restaurants all very good value.
Hotel Raffaello has no faults whatsoever - you arrive a stranger but a leave a friend.
Ask the staff & they will respond in a most helpful & courteous manner.
Unreservedly recommended.

Dear guest,

Thank you for such a fantastic review! We do our job with passion, we care for our guests, and we are more than glad when this is noticed and sensed.
Now that you made some friends in Rome, just know they are waiting for you with arms wide opened. :)
We are waiting for you again as soon as possible. Until then,
Best wishes.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel this October. My overall thoughts were that its ok.
The location is in a quieter part of the city. Some very good restaurants are on Via Urbana (especially one called Scive,Scive).
The room was large enough, but the shower was absolutely ridiculous. I don't know how my husband managed in such a small space.
The front desk staff are just ok.
The breakfast staff who seem to double as housekeeping staff are very lovely, as is Elena.
They had good wifi and good breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing via Urbana
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for the high consideration of our hotel and its staff, we are more than glad you enjoyed your staying here.

Showers may look smaller due to their hydro-massage features, the newest hi-tech models nowadays.

We hope we will have the chance of having you back soon, this time with a bathtub bathroom. :)
Warmest regards,