“only ok”
Review of Hotel Raffaello

Hotel Raffaello
Ranked #84 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I thought the reception staff not too friendly I saw they sat down with some guests and explained places to visit but they didnt bother for us .one reception scolded a couple for taking the room key out with them. the scrambled eggs were orange at breakfast but the waiting staff were pleasant. Some lovely historical sights in rome but wa an ordeal crossing the road with the crazy traffic

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Pippa C
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Pippa C,

"The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", one of the best British writers said- we are sorry to hear you have perceived us as not interested in you, and therefore you felt neglected.

You see, all our guests are important for us, and they all are on the same scale- if we were assisting someone and you needed any help at all, you could have simply waited until we had finished, and we would have assisted you, as well... We are sorry that because of impatience you did not have the chance to let us do what we know better: try to make your staying more enjoyable, and more serene...

As for the scrambled eggs, ...I can assure you we only use best quality products for our breakfast, no additives, no artificial powder eggs, no anything... And they were several times complimented, as you could see in previous reviews, we are sorry you didn't give them a chance, either...

Hoping that you might want to know us better and come here again, we wish you all the best! :)
Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were there for 4 nights from Jan 29. It is conveniently located and could not fault the guest room ... great job by housekeeping staff. We had the room with the terrace..but on hindsight would not book it during winter cos it rained most of the time we were there..but would be good for smokers. Can only count one cheerful staff at breakfast and one cheerful reception staff who was helpful. When we returned in the evenings we would greet the reception staff even before they greeted us..but they were not warm and welcoming ..they just carried on with their work., quite aloof I must say for service industry personnel.
Would I stay here for my next visit? Nope.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Mrs. Vicky T,

Thank you for having shared your opinion about us with all Tripadvisor users- our guests' opinion is important for us, positive or less.

We are sorry to hear you have perceived some of our staff members as being aloofed. As you may see in a lot of previous reviews, our warmth is one of our strenght points, and we genuinely care about our guests' wellbeing. Our regret is you didn't get that, and didn't have the chance to know us as we really are: a warm, enthusiastic staff, that does all its best for its guests' gratification.

We do hope you will give us the chance to show you these aspects of Raffaello, in case you will decide to ever come back.
Warmest greetings,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Considering we arrived in the evening, Via Urbana was easy to find and quickly spotted the hotel as pictured prettily.

Check-in was quick, informative and friendly. My partner being Italian spoke the lingo. However, when the receptionist detected I was English he continued conversations in English so I was fully included. This was also true of all the other staff at Hotel Raffaello and generally in Rome.

Our room (104) was warm, clean and spacious. Plenty of storage. The bed was comfortable and hosted perfect nights sleep. Big, bright and clean bathroom.

Considering the breakfast was included in the extraordinary low price, we were not anticipating much. How wrong were we! The sight of fresh rosso orange juice won me over straight away. Plus cappucino, salami, ham, cheese, scrambled eggs, breads, pasteries and much much more. The waitresses were friendly and accommodating.

Elena was lovely, She recommended two restaurants for our evenings and reserved the tables for us. Both restaurants were fantastic (see separate restaurant reviews).

Given we were here on valentines day, the hotel helped my fiancee by ordering red roses bouquet and had them delivered to me - beautiful!

In terms of the location, perfect! Just a few minutes walk from the colosseum which then leads on to all the other major attractions. We took the metro to the Vatican as would have been a lengthy walk.

A big thank you to night receptionist Peter too for giving us cigarettes when all the shops were shut!

Did not want to carry my HUGE bouquet of roses to the termini and on to the airport to inevitably be told I could not take them on board. So Elena cut one of the 'Roma roses' for me to pack in the suitcase and I gladly gave the hotel the remaining roses.

All in all a lovely rememberable holiday in Roma, mainly due to Hotel Raffaello - so, grazie to all the staff!

Room Tip: 104 was lovely
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Jess!!! :) :) :)

You got home safe and sound! :)

Thank you for your wonderful words, we are so happy you have enjoyed your staying here so much, and that we were able to help and make your holiday in the Eternal City as beautiful as it could have been! :)

We already miss you, both, and we do hope you are going to pay us a visit as soon as possible! Did you throw the coin in the Trevi Fountain?! :)
Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

From the moment you step in you know it's a great hotel.Luxury bedrooms with little touches like Pillow Menu,slippers,etc that make you feel cared for.Great location and close to the main road.The Termini station is a stone's throw away.A couple of supermarkets nearby by Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore.We were greeted by lovely staff who enquired about us and that made it personal.We were quickly given the keys to our rooms.The rooms were lovely,well decorated and practical.It was nice,warm and welcome after a day in the rain sightseeing.The rooms were very clean and it had everything you wanted and more.Little things like shoe polish,shampoo made it feel like an extra special experience.The internet was great.Now,for the breakfast;it too was great.Lots of choice from pastries,to cereal,to cold meats and toast.We were asked if we want coffee,hot chocolate and the ladies will serve whatever you choose.Delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tammy Z

Dear Tammy,

I think it was Charlotte Bronte who said "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Where I'm getting at is that we do our jobs with passion and commitment, and when a guest non only notices this, but appreciates it, as well, ...we cannot be anything else but happy, therefore THANK YOU for having shared us with the other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind they have a special discount. :)

Hoping you will give us the honour of hosting you again soon, we wish you all the best! :)
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

That's what this hotel does- tick's all the right boxes.
IN PRICE - fabulous price compared to other hotels in Rome.
IN LOCATION - what can I say..just a stones throw away from such ancient history..breathtaking.
IN COMFORT - Spotlessly clean. Comfortable rooms and a breakfast buffet with such a choice
that leaves you ready to tackle all the day's walking and sightseeing.
Having spent the weekend with my husband and 2 teenagers 15 and 13..all I can say is...what
a great hotel. Cannot fault it and the staff are all so courteous and friendly. I'm so glad I booked this hotel and would urge you to do so to if you are wondering where to stay in Rome.

Room Tip: We had a quadruple room Room 220 which was great for a family...it did not have a view from the ro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Tack, Tack, Tack..

(I admit it, I couldn't help myself! :) )

Dear Capig, ...I lack of inspiration...I have finished my words...Because you see, ..I have answered to more than 1000 reviws in an year, ...and in the end, there is not much to say when you are honest and transparent, and that's how we are, or at least, try to... :)

Not always we can satisfy each and every request of our guests, but we do try always, and not always this is appreciated, but when it is, ...we feel gratified for our work and efforts, therefore...THANK YOU for having appreciated us, and our work... :)
Hoping your return here will be a soon one, we wish you all the best! :)
Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We came back from a 2 night stay yesterday and had an amazing time. The staff were lovely and Elena gave us some great recommendations for a restaurant 2/3 mins down the road (called the drunken cow in English) in return for picking her up some business cards which was really lovely. It's right around the corner of loads of really cool little bars and restaurants and its within walking distance to everywhere you could want to go including the colleseum and termini 10 mins away on foot. Room was lovely, cheap mini bar and good size. Shower was small and the bidet was super close to toilet but overall fab place to stay and hopefully will be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Asharoll,

If I had known you are such a telling-all, ...I wouldn't have helped you! :))))))))))))

Hope you got to London safe and sound, and ...joking aside, ...I am glad I was able to do something that made your staying here more serene and more pleasant.

We are here for you- our guests- and your confort and wellbeing is what matters most for us- So please, the next time you have any issues with the room, opr the bath, come and talk to us about it: we will do all our best in order to make the most out of your request! :)
Warmest and most honest regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We spent the weekend in Rome. The front desk staff speaks Italian and English. There is an elevator but it doesn't seem to come to the floors but on levels in between so you may need to carry bags down half a flight of stairs. The rooms are spacious and so are the bathrooms. Great wifi signal and free. The complimentary breakfast buffet is a great value and well stocked. Amazing scrabbled eggs, cheese, ham, rolls, pastries, fresh cut fruit, Clementines, bananas, cereal, juices, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, and more. We filled up on large breakfast daily and skipped lunch or grabbed a few extra Clementines from buffet to eat for lunch. Luxurious feature: pillow selection. There is a chart in your room if you would like a different type of pillow-down, tempurdpedic, firm, soft polly fill. You just have to order before 9pm.

The neighborhood is charming and conveniently located between Termini and Cavour metro stops. The only challenge with that location has to do with the limitations of metro. We did not use buses so maybe that would have helped. We are currently living in Florence for several months and were used to having distances on map not be that far. We ended up walking ourselves into the ground Saturday. Took metro to Piazza Popolo and then walked up to Borghese gardens and museum (had 9am entrance reservation). Then we walked from there to Vatican. Should have taken metro or cab. The hotel is on the eastern side of central part of town. Not too far from Trevi fountain but plan on using metro or taxis.

I am planning on staying here again when I return for 3 days next month.

Room Tip: There is a bit of noise on street side facing rooms but it didn't bother us. I enjoyed the view...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 232jenniferv,

We would like to thank you for having shared us with the other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind they have a special discount.

We are so glad you have enjoyed your weekend in the Eternal City, and a little bit amuzed you thought Rome could compare as a size with Florence.
We are always here with maps, highlighters and coloured pens (even when I am not around, my colleagues at the reception desk are more than efficient in giving tips and explanations, and we always give the distance in miles or kilometers- we even ask what guests are more confortable with, depending on thei area), so ...we are sorry you had to do all that walking.

Next month, when coming back, please give me 10 minutes of your time, and I would be more than glad to help you out with some tips, hints or explanations... :)
We can hardly wait for your return!
Until then, all the best! :)
Warmest regards,