May 20th - May 26th
Cleanliness: Overall (Excellent), My Room (Poor), see text for explanation
Breakfast Poor by US Standards
Room 512 has a balcony with a view of the streets below. Easy 5-15 minute walk to most Rome sites. In neighborhood with a lot of authentic restaurants, not tourist traps. Walk around as late as midnight and always felt safe.
1) Elena was fantastic!!!! The rest of the staff is average or Poor.
2) The hotel with the exception of my room was clean.
3) They do not tell guest that they only change the linen every other day.
4) Guest should be able to have the linen changed every day if they wish.
5) They have a lot of linen that needs to be replaced. The sheets have stains on them that do not come out in the laundry. The white comforter had several rips in it.
6) Twice the linen on my bed had visible stains that the housekeeper had to have seen. The first time was my first night. The flat sheet had a large stain on both sides at the very top easily seen. We did not retire to bed until late, so did not pull back the We did not notice it until after midnight (00:18). The front desk staff did provide a new sheet for US to put on the bed, but he was rude and was not sympathetic. When I complained to the Manager the next day, I was offered a bottle of wine. I should have got a discount on my stay.
7) After our complaint, the housekeeper did not clean the room well. The shower handles were not cleaned. They still had soap on them from the previous day. She did not replace the used plastic cups. The bathroom countertops were not cleaned. The housekeeper would open the bathroom window and the patio door, but did not close them at night to protect the room from insects coming in.
8) The trim above the entry and bath room door is coming off.
9) The bathroom door has 3 large cuts in it.
10) The breakfast is not worth it for Americans because it is mostly sweets.
11) The room does not have a safe. Replace the cash bar which very few people use with a safe.
We chose to enjoy our trip rather than to continue to be upset by the very poor housekeeping service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-star Hotel Raffaello in Rome will ensure you feel at the centre of the world each and every day. In central Rome, immersed in the wonderful stream of life, culture and history that runs through the heart of the capital. You'll also be at the heart of the hotel, of its services and its activities. For us, you always come first. Hotel Raffaello is situated in a quiet street in the Rione Monti, one of the historical quartiers of the capital. It is abuzz with people, shops, bars, restaurants and boutiques; one of those neighbourhoods where you never get bored. The Roma Termini train station, Colosseum, Fori Imperiali, Piazza Venezia and all the monuments of Rome are so close that you don't even need to orient yourself with a map.i suoi servizi e delle sue attività. Per noi, voi venite sempre al primo posto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Raffaello Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.