“Fabulous hotel, wonderful staff”
Review of Raffaello Hotel

Raffaello Hotel
Ranked #78 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
everlastingflower
“Fabulous hotel, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of June and I should say, as a solo traveller, that I was made to feel so welcome that I felt I was on holiday with friends. The staff were cheerful and helpful and, with reference to a previous review where the tactful nature of Elena, the Concierge, was mentioned, I wholeheartedly agree, and would add reference to her excellent sense of humour. Elena went out of her way to help, providing maps and routes to various sights, advising on the best restaurants, coffee bars, tips and advice on viewing the sights of Rome - which are plentiful to say the least. She managed to book a time slot for me at the Gallery Borghese, which is by appointment only, and usually needs a week's notice since it is so popular. I visited on my last day and was so grateful that I went, as it was full of the most amazing statues and paintings, and I left there in awe. I was extremely nervous about negotiating around Rome on my own, especially as it was my first visit, but with Elena's advice it was almost a breeze. My room was very comfortable, with everything you could want - even a pillow menu - excellent idea!! - and I had a lovely view and a little balcony, and I considered myself very fortunate to have found this hotel - so conveniently located near the Termini Station and the Colosseum and Vittoriano. It is on a quiet road full of little shops and restaurants close by. Perfect location to get around with Metro a short walk away, Termini Station nearby, with access to lots of buses, although I found Rome very negotiable on foot. Breakfast was delicious with a wide selection (ham, scrambled eggs, pastries, fruit, toast, cereals, fruit juices etc) and the food beautifully presented - as was the hotel generally. Exceptionally clean, full of paintings and mirrors and fabulous over the top wallpaper, gold braiding around room switches, and lovely touches everywhere. You could not fail to love this hotel. I left my mobile phone at the hotel when I left, but it was handed in to reception by the maid, and they were very kind and looked after it till I was able to arrange for someone to collect it for me the following week. Many thanks, since I would be lost without my phone. So, to conclude, I had a wonderful holiday in Rome and would recommend Hotel Raffaello to anyone wanting a warm, welcoming, comfortable and safe stay in Rome. To all the staff, many, many thanks for a great time, you were all very kind.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank everlastingflower
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Debbie!!!

Hello!!! :)

I would thank you for your more than awesome review, but I think that wouldn't be enough... It is not easy for someone to leave me speechless (actually, that happens very rarely...) but you managed, if that was your purpose! :)

What could I ever write back as a reply?! Other than "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"... I can assure you we have done nothing more that we wouldn't do on a regular day's basis, it is YOU that were kind enough to notice it and appreciate it, and for that, we are more than grateful :)

Hoping you will have the chance to give us the honour of hosting you again as soon as possible, we wish you a serene return back home, and...COME BACK! :)

Elena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had occassion to stay at this hotel in part as we were traveling with a family of 4 people others who required 3 beds. (very few places have such an arrangement in a single room). We found the hotel to be very quaint and clean. Due to a bit of a language barrier we were not as clear on some questions/answers as we would liked to have been...but that certainly is not the fault of the hotel.

The rooms were well kept, and very clean...however the bathroom arrangement in our room was very strange indeed. The toilet was tucked in the corner of the bathroom with the bidet just inches away in front of you. You virtually had to step around the edge of the bathtub to use the facility. The breakfast provided was adequate with meats, cheeses, cereals and juices and croissants. All in all this hotel was nice and fit our needs for the two nights we stayed there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Bill R,

Thank you for having shared us with other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind they have a special discount! :)

We are glad you enjoyed us and Raffaello so much, and we do hope you will give us the opportunity of hosting you again soon. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to Santorini for our honeymoon. The hotel is in a fantastic location, within walking distance from Roma Termini and the majority of the main attractions . We were in a room on the top floor which was spacious and had a nice size balcony. The staff were very helpful by providing a map highlighting where all the main attractions were along with some restaurant recommendations.( visit the drunken cow! Very nice). The breakfast was ok. I would recommend this hotel to others visiting Rome!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BANKSY84
Dear Banksy84,

Thank you for having given us a little bit of your time, and thank you for your kind words...

Glad to hear you have had such a beautiful time here, and maybe next anniversary you will come here and stay with us for a proper holiday, Rome has a lot of wonders to be discovered, and one day is not even enough for a quarter of them! :)

Have a blessed marriage,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is about 650 mretres from the Stazione Termini and close to Via Nazionale and Cavour metro station, and within 1.5 to 2 km to major shopping areas and tourist attractions. There are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance, and we felt safe walking around the area after dusk. We found a little self service laundromat around the corner from the hotel in Via di Santa Maria Maggiore called Wash Point. For a few extra euros they will wash and dry your washing to be collected later in the day while you enjoy your sightseeing. Check in was easy and the reception staff were very friendly. The wonderful Elena was helpful with street directions. In one particular moment during our stay, we overheard Elena trying to pacify a distraught couple who were having some reservations problem which seemed not to be the hotel’s fault. Elena demonstrated such understanding and willingness to help the couple, I thought, what an asset she was to the hotel. Good on you, Elena!
We had a superior double room on the top floor which had its own large rooftop terrace (larger than the room itself) with outdoor furniture. The room was light and airy with adequate storage space. The bed had a firm mattress and was very comfortable. The bathroom was of a reasonable size with a bidet. However the retro-fitted shower was cramped and in it tall or overweight people would find their movements restricted. There was reasonable space on the vanity to lay out your personal toiletries. There was a flat screen TV, tea and coffee making equipment and reception provided a logon code to access the internet in the room on your own PC or tablet. The safe in the room was very small and a tablet or small laptop would not fit in it. Breakfast was included and there was a good selection od cereals, fresh fruits and cold meats. The scrambled eggs were excellent as well as the coffee served by the friendly and efficient staff. There are self service tea and coffee making facilities just off the reception area available around the clock. In this area there is a computer terminal offering free internet access. There is no restaurant within the hotel, but as mentioned before there are lots of restaurants close by.
An excellent hotel (except for the shower) fairly close to everything a tourist needs.

Room Tip: Try a room on the top floor with the terrace.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Basil_Travels
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello there,

You wonderful people! :)

I should understand you got home already?! :) I do hope the rest of your holiday was as serene and as fun as your Rome trip was, and I would like to thank you on the behalf of all the staff for having given us a little bit of your time for writing these lovely words... :)

As for the review itself, ...thank you for your appreciation...I have been here for almost 2 years, and I must say I have quite learned a lot : not only about this job, but about people, generally... And sometimes, one simply understands that guests arriving may be stressed, clumsy, or jetlagged... As long as we can help, we try to do our best, like the case of the couple who made a wrong reservation (not the only ones, I must say... :) )

Hoping I will get the chance to personally greet you sometimes again soon, I wish you a wonderful return back home, and ...have a beautiful summer! :)

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in January 2014 for our honeymoon.
We arrived late but were greeted by lovely staff at the desk who made a real effort to get to know us. When we went up to our room there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us with a "happy honeymoon" card which was so lovely.
The rooms are little (to be expected in Rome) but are beautifully furnished and we even had a balcony with a nice view (we asked to be on the top floor and that was accommodated). Breakfast was included in our rate and it was lovely each and every day, the staff at breakfasts even memorised our coffee order by the third day. The pastries were a particular highlight.
During the stay I became unwell and needed a doctor. The staff organised for a lovely English speaking doctor to come to me at the hotel and then after the visit the staff helped my husband to find the pharmacy to get my medication. Every day the staff asked my husband how I was went he went down to breakfast and they made sure I had a ready supply to hot drinks brought to my room whenever I needed one.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, great value for money, great rooms, brilliant staff and walking distance to everything (except the Vatican but you can walk to the metro which will take you right there!)
Thanks Raffaello Hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank breannfallon
Dear breann_888,

It is so lovely to hear back from you, even after all these months! :)

We do remember you quite well, especially because we were so sorry to see you were sick during your honeymoon, and we did nothing special for you, nothing we wouldn't do on a regular day's basis, but it is very nice to hear and see some people do appreciate one's simply being human, and maybe going a little bit outside his "official duty", simply because one cares... :)

We do hope you had a very serene and beautiful rest of vacation, and that your health issue was just a momentarily one, and we would like to take advantage of the moment to simply wish you the happiest marriage ever!
Warmest regards,
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Raffaello Hotel was in an excellent location. Easy to get to the ruins and the coliseum. Also able to walk to all churches, piazzas, and fountains. Extremely helpful hotel staff, clean, great breakfast, quiet. Rome was our first stop on a trip to Italy and Greece. Very welcoming and set a great tone for the rest of the trip. Great area, plenty of restaurants right nearby.

Room Tip: Top floor was excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Lisa!!!

Thank you for having given us a little bit of your precious time, especially because I remember you must still be in holiday?! :) I hope Greece is fine, and I really do hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday as much as you have enjoyed us...

Thank you, once again, for having chosen us, and thank you for having shared us with the others!

Happy summer holiday!

Regards,
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a really nice little hotel, within easy walking distance of the historic centre of Rome. It is very nicely decorated and comfortable, on a quiet street. The staff are very pleasant. The buffet breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Donal134,

Thank you for having given us a little bit of your time, and for having shared us with the other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind they have a special discount... :)

We are glad to acknowledge your staying here was a serene one, and that we have been able, as much as we could and as much as it depended on us, ...to add a little bit of colour to your trip...

We wish you a serene return home!