“From Home to Rome”

Ranked #82 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Hengoed, United Kingdom
“From Home to Rome”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here during June 2013 to celebrate two years of being together. It was our first time abroad and it was well worth waiting for. The hotel is spectacular both inside and outside and the staff ensured that our stay here was the best it could possibly be.

We booked a room with an en-suite bathroom and balcony, which gave us some lovely views of Rome. The room was quite cosy and cute too! The Bed and Breakfast here is fantastic with a vast range of continental options, and the waiters and waitresses can’t feed you enough! The overall stay in Rome was spectacular and so memorable and I would love to return to Rome and Hotel Raffaelo in the future.

Room Tip: Travel everywhere possible in Rome and make the most of your stay!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Louisa,

I was impressed to see you have decided to share us about an year after your staying here, and that means a lot to us: if an year later you still remember us, ...that must have been a good stay! :)

Thank you for your kind and honest review, we are glad to have been able to make your holiday a little bit brighter.

Hoping we will be able to host you again for your Silver Wedding, ...we wish you all the best, and most honest regards.

Elena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have just returned from the Raffaelo hotel, I was celebrating a birthday. The hotel was wonderful the staff are all lovely and so helpful. Elena was so helpful giving advise and plans a route for you on a map. Which we used everywhere we went. The room was lovely really spacious and we had a balcony which was a nice surprise. The breakfast was really good especially for me as I can only eat gluten free and I was given a different selection every day and after the first day the lovely ladies remembered without me asking for my requirements.
The location is excellent and as others say it feels safe and lovely resturants close by.
Really made our holiday special staying here. will definitely return and recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Room 106 lovely size with balcony over looking the street. Great air conditioning
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carole l
Dear Carole,

Thank you for having shared us with the other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind about their special discount... :)

As for your staying, we are glad to see you have appreciated us so much, as we do genuinely care about each and every one of our guests, and yes, for us each one is important, they are not just one of the crowd, and you can see it in the small details (like remembering you and your gluten free breakfast).

We are here for you, our guests, and your wellbeing is the most important concern for us...
Hoping you will come back as soon as possiblem, we wish you all the best, and a serene return home!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am in my mid-20s and travelled as a solo traveller to Rome. I stayed twice at the Raffaello Hotel in summer July, 2014 (the second stay for 6 nights) and have signed up to Trip Advisor specifically to recommend this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who travels to Rome, and prefers to stay in a smaller, boutique hotel.

Firstly, the hospitality that Elena and the staff demonstrates is very good and personalised, and they make a conscious effort to fulfil your requests. Before I arrived in Rome, I had asked for a nice room with a potential view, and to my absolute surprise I was given a room on the top floor with my own balcony! I particularly love the decor of the room, and the bathrooms particularly on the top floor seem a little bigger. There is a complimentary coffee machine downstairs (really great idea), and although breakfast wasn't extensive per se, the options are swapped around a fair bit so if you are staying more than one night, there is a variety of choice.

The location of this hotel is also ideal. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is in walking distance from the station, and is 10 minutes down the street from the Colosseum and the Roman Ruins. Furthermore, at the extreme you can walk to Villa Borghese in about 40 minutes, visiting most of the key sites along the way with a few detours.

I actually also very much enjoyed the area the hotel was in- the Monti and Esquilino districts. I had heard that Via Urbana (on which the hotel is situated) is one of the oldest streets in Rome, and there are some great restaurants, cafes, bars and trendy boutiques along the way down. This area is away from the hustle and bustle of central Rome, but has it's own trendy appeal! Although I have read reviews that this area is a bit questionable, as a female solo traveller in my mid-20s I genuinely felt incredibly safe and had absolutely no trouble at all.

All up, I very much hope I can return to Raffaello Hotel in the future and have already recommended a stay here to members of my family!

Room Tip: If you can, try and get a room on the top floor (the fifth floor)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Alex P
Alex!!! :)

It was so nice to open your review and read it, I could hear your voice in my head while doing that! :)

Glad to see you've arrived home safe and sound, and I would like to thank you , on the behalf of all my colleagues, for your kind and warm words... We are grateful for the time you have given us, and for the appreciation you have shown for our efforts and our work...

It really means a lot to us seeing that our guests are genuinely impressed with what we have to offer, as your impression was correct: we do try to do all our best in order to make people welcomed and well taken care of...

Even though Trevi Fountain is closed, I do hope you have managed somehow to throw the coin, and so...I do hope we will be able to welcome you again soon... :)

Warmest regards,

Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were looking for a nice safe hotel for a night near Termini. Made and partially paid for one but after reading Raffaello Hotel reviews, we cut our loses and prepaid a reservation here. We were not disappointed.

We had a bit of trouble getting to the hotel from Termini, considering we had medium size suitcases under the hot sun and jet lagged. Next day, and thanks to Massimo's directions, we just made a right outside the hotel, then left for 10 minutes walk and arrived at Termini Station.

We were welcomed at the hotel by Massimo, very empowered to do the right thing for the guests, gave us a wonderful well appointed and classy room with good internet service.

Massimo ensured to send us to a restaurant at a short walking distance from the hotel where we mingled with locals for the most part. This restaurant La Vacca M'Briaca, Via Urbana 29/30, Roma. Excellent recommendation and value for the meal.

The next day we went to the breakfast included to a room on step up floor from the reception. Very nice room, all linen tables and choices were great from breads to fruits to coffee. One of the best "breakfast included" we ever had.

Thank you Massimo for all your care and service. You made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CitizenoftheAir
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Citizenof,

Thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you! On the behalf of all the Raffaello staff...

It was a long time I haven't read such an enthusiastic review, and we can only be happy when we see that our way makes the difference in our guests' wellbeing, especially when we get some good vibe back, and we can see they appreciate our effort!

If all our guests were like you, our job would be a breeze, but hey, who's complaining?! :) We do love our job, and this is what makes out of us "lucky duckies", as I always say: it allows us to do what we like best, and even get paid for that!!! :)

Hoping we will have the honour to host you again soon, we wish you all the best, and a wonderful return back home!
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel was conveniently located a few blocks away from Termini station, which helped our arrival and exploration of Rome. The Colosseum and the Spanish steps were each about 10-15 minutes walking.
We found a variety of friendliness amongst the front desk staff, but overall the service was good.
The wifi was free and mostly reliable, and we enjoyed the free coffee available throughout the day.
The room was of a good size, with a small tv. The bathroom was huge, but contained only a shower and no bath (even though there would've been more than enough space for one!).
The area was quite safe, and had many boutique shops and restaurants.
Overall: the hotel was great, although nothing special, and for the price, it was a good hotel for visiting Rome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chloejade17
Dear Chloejade17,

Thank you for having spent a little bit of your time on giving the other Tripadvisor users (whom we would like to remind, as always, the special discount they have) your opinion about us, as our guests' feedback are very important to us.

We are glad you have enjoyed Raffaello and Monti district itself, especially as a experienced traveller that you are...

Hoping you did throw the coin in the Trevi Fountain (even though it is being refurbished), and therefore you will come back, we wish youa serene return home!

baltimore
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I liked the hotel, it is small on a quite street with large rooms and good size bathroom. The staff and breakfast were OK, it is in a long walk from the train/Metro station. a lot of nice places to eat, some are out of the tourist areas and full of locals. I like it and would stay here again for sure...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashraf B
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Ashraf,

Thank you for having given us a lttle bit of your time, and thank you for your lovely review...

Besides that, thank you for having mentioned Raffaello's position, which is one of our strenght points: less than a mile away from the Coliseum, and half of mile away from Termini, the main train station, as well as from both subway lines, A and B, ...Raffello is situated in Monti district, the oldest Roman neighbourhood (it actually existed already in Nero's times!!!)

We are also glad you have enjoyed yur staying here, and we hope you will honour us with a new visit...
Longfield
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our second stay at Raffaello Hotel was even better than the first. We celebrated my wife's birthday (stayed May 2014) with family. It is centrally placed, yet out of the hustle and bustle close to the Termini station, Colosseum and great local restaurants such as Tema (recommended by Raffaello, which was outstanding) as well as Il Carbonara (all within walking distance). Rooms are very clean with comfortable beds, minibar, WIFI and flat screen TV's. Breakfast at the hotel is superb, a fine selection of pastries, cereal, cold meats as well as scrambled eggs. The staff are very helpful, multi-lingual and have great recommendations for restaurants, tours and things to do when in Rome. Special thanks again to Massimo, Francesca and Elena for yet another great stay. Look forward to returning very soon!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sandjnick
Dear sandjnick,

Thank you for such a beautiful review, we are so glad you have enjoyed you stay here so much, and that we were able, in our own way, to make your holiday a little bit brighter... :)

Thank you, as well, for having chosen us the second time: that, to be honest, is the best compliment a hotel can receive, so thank you! :)

We do our work with passion and commitment, and we use our guests' feedback as a tool to improve ourselves and our services, but we have to admit we are more than pleased when we see our jobs make other people happy... :)

Wishing you a warm return home, we hope there will be a third staying here as soon as possible. :)

Until then,