Hotel Raffaello
US$318
US$512
US$467
2,615 results
All reviewsvia urbanapillow menutermini stationwithin walking distancejacuzzi showerpastriessanta maria maggiorebreakfast stafftop floorquiet streetcolosseum and forumlovely hotelbreakfast was excellentsister hotelfamily roomtrevi fountainside street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2009

The trip was a Xmas present from our 2 daughters.It was our 4th time in Rome.The hotel was wonderful and the staff were great i.e.very friendly and helpful.I could not make any criticism against this wonderful hotel and I think some of the criticisms I have read on this site are by very picky people who usually find nothing nice to say about anything.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2009

The thing that made this five star instead of four star is that we got such a bargain. We paid just 78 euros a night, in Rome, which was less than our rooms in Venice and Florence. Originally, our room was 95 euros a night, but I took the advice of another poster (below) and checked back on the website a few days before we left and was able to "modify" my booking for the lower price.

The best thing about the hotel is the location. It's less than a ten-minute walk from the Termini train station (even with bags) and also close to the Colosseum. Between the Colosseum and the hotel is San Pietro in Vincoli, with Michelangelo's Moses.

Our room was very small, but clean, with all the necessary amenities. The bathroom is modern and functional, and the towel heater was a nice touch, As others have mentioned, the shower is *really* small. A large person may have problems, as would anyone with claustrophobia. I'm relatively petite, but if the water was coming out too hard, I felt like I was drowning. My friend, however, did not have any problems, and suggested that I was showering incorrectly when I complained.

The breakfast is delicious and plentiful. The scrambled eggs look a little odd, but taste amazing. The pastries are great but if you have a nut allergy, be wary, as you never know where nutella or almond paste might be hiding. There is also cereal, breads, meats, cheeses, fruits, and a variety of juices. The hotel had the broadest breakfast buffet of all the places we stayed in Italy.

The staff was fine, though my friend complained about their attitude. She was particularly annoyed that the cleaning staff knocked some of her makeup off the sink in our bathroom, which caused her eye shadows to shatter, and then they didn't even clean them up. They were, however, able to check us in 6 hours early when we stopped by to drop off our stuff after our train got in, which makes up for a lot, in my view.

I would definitely stay here again for the bargain off-season price we got.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank nixon4ever
Reviewed 21 January 2009

As a company director I was orgainising our annual christmas outing now since it is a busy time for us we always hold it into the new year, we decided a three day trip to Rome, I choose the Raffaello Hotel
Via Urbana 3 / 5, Rome 00184 to stay based on its reviews we could not have made a better choice I contacted the Hotel by e-mail, the help I recieved in making the booking could not have been better infact they made it so easy for me, as we were 20 people in all.
We were greeted with a welcome which I have never recieved in any Hotel before friendly helpful and cheerful.
The rooms were excellent more a five star standard rather than 3 star and a nice little touch in the evening with a goodnight note and chocolate in your room when you returned at night, buffet breakfast with a wide range of choice and plentiful. I definitly will staying agian when in Rome. Also its location is quiet yet within walking distance to many of the cities attractions. Book this hotel you will not be disapointed.
Giovanni

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank giov58
Reviewed 20 January 2009

We booked this hotel through a recommendation and found it lived up to what we expected, very friendly and helpful staff, very clean rooms, 10 minute walk to the train station and within close walking distances to all major sites.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank easywin2
Reviewed 20 January 2009

I booked this break for my husbands birthday so i had done alot of research online before booking. Out main priorty is location and being clean! WE were never going to be in the hotel so as long as it was clean and close to most things we were happy! We arrived into Da Vinci airport and was shown where to get the express train into the city! It took about 40 mins and brought us straight into the Termini station. I had printed maps off so we had a good idea of where the hotel was. It was lashing rain when we arrived but within 5 mins we were at the hotel after a stroll down the road.

We arrived and were checked in quickly and told where i room was. Ok the lift is TINY but who cares!! As long as it works! Our room was on the 6th floor so a good way up and it was very large and we were impressed on arrival! A large double bed and a beautiful room terrace over looking the streets of Rome!

We did a qucik change and back out to explore the city! The collesum is literly only 10 mins stroll down the main Cavour Road. We werent put off by the crazy rain but it would have been a,lot nicer had it been dry!

We asked at reception for a reccomodation for dinner adn we were told about this fantastic little Italian restaurant about 5 mins walk from the hotel. Its was excellent and there were lots of locals there so always a good sign. On the way back to the hotel i spotted an ice cream shop so that became our tradition for dessert every night on our walk home!

Dont let the other reviews put you off though! Ok its not 5 Star but what do you expect for such a cheap place! Its clean and its right in the middle of everything! The longest walk was over to the spanish steps which took about 30 mins but that was going slowly and taking in the atmosphere!

Well Hope you enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple