“Just what the doctor ordered”
Review of Hotel Raffaello

Hotel Raffaello
Ranked #82 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Just what the doctor ordered”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

The perfect choice for Rome - good, clean room with internet availability. Very close to Termini station and city highlights like the Colosseum etc. Continental breakfast with eggs, fruits, toast and non-sweet bread which can be a pleasant change after a few days in Italy (most hotels offer sweet brioches and croissants)

1 Thank kontiki_times

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 17 November 2010

The Raffaello is wonderfully situated, off the main streets just south of Termini train station. This means it is wonderfully quiet, but a short walk to the train and metro to the north, and the Colosseum to the south. The room was fine but the bathroom was tiny - there was no tub and the shower was so small I constantly hit my elbow turning around. The very nice breakfast (included) was served by excellent staff.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Raffaello Hotel for 3 days. The hotel is walking distance from the Termini station which is one of the reason we picked this hotel. The room was not ready when we arrived around 11am and since I had requested a room with a terrace, they said it would take a few more hours before we could check in. I was happy to see that they had accomodated my request for a room with a terrace so I didn't mind. We were hungry and asked for a recommendation for a place to eat. Since it was early, there were not many places serving lunch yet. But, the hotel staff recommended a place right across the hotel on the other side of Cavour street. We paid 50 Euros for lunch for two and the food was mediocre so do not go to this place. There are better options all around for less money.

The room was nicely decorated, the bathroom clean, and the shower very small - which was expected. The terrace was small but very nice and had a good view of the surroundings. All in all, I was very happy with the room. The elevator is tiny and can be a bit noisy as it moves up or down. The breakfast was the typical breakffast we received in most of the other hotels we stayed while in Italy. The warm scrambled eggs was a plus as some other hotels only had hard boiled eggs. The staff was not necessarily friendly but provided information when needed. One of the guys there did give me a card which another guest had left with minutes leftover for internet access so I could look up the train schedule before we departed. So I was very impressed with this gesture - kudos to the staff for that!

I would definitely consider this place if we ever visit Rome again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Clean, comfortable, great location, wonderful breakfast. Pretty much all of my requirements. Keep up the great work!

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Excellent central position, welcoming, helpful staff, plenty of space in our room, very clean, breakfast excellent, would be very happy to return and I would certainly recommend the Raffaello.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Well, I travelled for Italy for the first time in September 2010 and stayed in Rome, Milan & Catania. I chose The Raffaello Hotel in Rome and I liked some things and disliked others there. The man at the reception (the bald man) treated me bad in my check-in period. Maybe because I'm not european, who knows? Another bad surprise arriving in my room: it was really really small. The smallest of the 3 hotels that I stayed in Italy. On the other hand, the breakfast is excellent for a 3 star hotel. Plus, the television had excellent picture quality and had lots of TV channels to choose. There is a chuch nearby the hotel. So, their bells will wake you up every morning!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnEsc
sansone33, Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read your very positive about our breakfast and other amenities and I'am sorry that the room 'was considered not very wide, in general, our rooms always have a good habitability'.

For sure we will go down in order to understand why, at the reception, did not find the courtesy and kindness that you rightly expected.

I assure customers that we are all equal, provenance counts for nothing, always try to do our best.

We send you our apologies and we hope to accommodate even here in Rome

Salvatore Sansone
Manager
Reviewed 27 October 2010

This hotel served as a great base for seeing rome. We were lucky enough to get the terrace room which was a beautiful outside space. Breakfast was ok, but the coffee not so great. there are great coffee shops just down the road though. The price can only be described as fantastic value for money! I would recommend this hotel for just about anyone.

• Stayed August 2010