“Bellisimo!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
That's Amore Holidays Hotel
Ranked #2,385 of 3,644 Rome B&B and Inns
Pawleys Island
“Bellisimo!!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Having never been to Rome we started looking for someplace with a local flavor. We never stayed at a bed and breakfast either so I searched as thoroughly as I could. After reading pages of hotels, motels and bed and breakfasts, B & B Bologna seemed to have so many wonderful reviews that we made an email inquiry and from that point on we were in wonderful hands. As advertised, the accommodations were great and very homey. We were on the second floor of an elevatored building. Our large bedroom had great air conditioning and was very clean. We had a private fully equipped bathroom. I brought my little laptop and had super internet connections. The "typical" Italian breakfast presented each morning was "toast" and cheese, sweet rolls and Nutella chocolate spread with a big pot of Italian coffee. Even cereals, milk, juice, tea and cookies were on hand. If we wanted to prepare something, a kitchen was available. The neighborhood was super. There were restaurants within walking distance, pasticcerias (Italian pasteries), gelato shops and a great park across from the B & B where you could sit and have espresso or cappicuino in the outdoor cafe. We never used a taxi in the entire six day stay. We bought a weekly pass that gave us admission to all buses and metro trains. There are several choices in selecting the type of Metro pass to fit your needs. Both the buses and the trains were outside the B & B and they transported us right in front or very close to most tourist sites. The major train system, Termini Station, was just two stops from Piazza Bologna. Our hosts Daniela and Micaela (mother and daughter) were very caring and were always on hand to assist in any questions we had. They guided us in great places to eat, shop or just getting on the right mode of transportation. Our stay could not have been better and the bonus was having such wonderful hosts as Micaela and Daniela who both treated us like family and not customers.

Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed 16 October 2009

The first thing to say is that Micaela answered all my e-mails very fast and gave me all the informations I needed.
I`ve asked a room with a balcon and the view from the Piazza and when we arrived, we`ve got this one.
Easy to arrive from the Airport (get the regional train).
The area is perfect, in 3 metro stations, you are in Termini, less than 10 minutes you are walking in the Colosseo. The bus 62 brings you direct to Vatican.
Almost no turists in the Piazza Bologna. This is really good, feeling the Rome atmosphere.

Confortable room with air conditioned a good shower.
Breakfast simple but very good.
Micaela and Daniela gives you all the informations for a great time in Rome.
Very fair price for Rome.

I've really enjoyed my stay,

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We were fortunate enough to find this great location during our trip to Rome.
Not only were Daniela & Micaela totally accommodating during our stay, Micaela took the time to reply to several of our emails and questions before we even got to Rome!
This is the best area to stay in if you are going to Rome. It is a short distance from the "high wired" center of the city, but not terribly out of the way. We were amazed at how easy it was to use the subway system (metro) and we were only 3 stops (and minutes) away from the center of town and all of the main sites. The subway entrance was quite literally a stones throw from their front door.
If you are flying in, be sure to have Micaela send a shuttle for you. She does not want her
visitors to pay exorbitant prices for a taxi cab.
We are already looking forward to our next visit with this wonderful family.

Atlanta
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the B & B Bologna for three nights at the beginning of our Italian vacation and then one night at the end. It was a great location - on a metro station just a few stops from termini but felt like a small neighborhood. The room was very spacious and clean, breakfast was nice and the staff was wonderful! We loved it and would recommend.

Maryland
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We really loved our stay here. The hosts, location, price and comfort all made this an amazing stay!

We stayed in one of the bedrooms with a shared bathroom, but that was no problem at all and we really hardly ever saw the other guests and never had a bathroom issue - especially since there are 2. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed we thought was the most comfortable of anywhere we stayed in Italy and the AC worked great.

Our room had a balcony, which didn't overlook anything special but made it fee more traditional. We really appreciated the many many english channels on the TV too - most of any hotel we stayed in. I know, you may think "why do we need TV in Italy? We're not here to watch TV" but really when everything all day is in another language and every little thing is so different we were so exhausted by the end of the day it was nice to be able to watch a little TV in english and unwind.

The hosts of course are what really make this place special and really make your stay in Rome enjoyable. Teaching us about the buses really saved us a lot of time and money. Getting around was really pretty easy -once we knew how.

The only thing I would comment on is the directions getting there from the metro. We were fairly confused by the ones given and although it only took 15 min to figure it out I don't like not knowing where I'm going in a strange place and with luggage.

Our take on directions: When you come out of the metro station the directions said to look "left for a news stand and it was there" but this is not only vague but in our minds incorrect. When you come out of the news stand you made a right and a right out of the metro so that you are walking way from the underground metro you came out of . The news stand is in the middle of the circle (sort of -and hard to detect) but the building is then on your left. If you google the address and do a "street view" map you can print out a picture of what the building looks like. Then when she buzzes you in you have to know that the "1st' floor in Italy means the "2nd" floor for Americans. Hope this helps!

Vancouver
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Daniella and Michaela were absolutely wonderful to us. They answered all of our questions and provided us with great tips for the city.

If you are travelling by train, the B and B is very easy to get to. Don't take a cab. That was our mistake. They will give you the 'travellers' discount. The metro is the easiest and most cost effective way to there.
From the Bologna, you are not too far away from all of Romes major attractions and sights. We used the Roma pass and it was perfect. It provided us with entry into the Colosseum and also 3 days of unlimited public transit.

As for the room, we had a large and comfortable room to stay in and great air con. If you are a light sleeper, bring some ear-plugs because the building is outside a major intersection. But that is certainly no reason to not stay here. We also had a little kitchen to cook and keep our left overs. Incidentally, the other room in our suite was not booked, so we actually ended up with an apartment in Rome to ourselves. It was perfect!

Great place run by wonderful people. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
NE Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2009

This is a long review, but I can’t sleep! We are staying here for 3 nights, July 17-20, 2009.

It is Sunday morning and I am sitting at the breakfast table in Rome at B&B Bologna after our first full day in Rome writing this review. In a short amount of time Daniela or Michaela will be around to make the coffee and tea and bring in the breakfast. The breakfast is a truly Italian one of sweet breads, croissants and coffee. They also have cereal. It is not a full English or American breakfast, but then again, it is not in England or America! My family (my parents who are celebrating 50 years of marriage, my wife and 8 year old daughter) and I are staying in the 2nd floor 2 bedroom apartment complete with a small kitchen. (translation: 2nd floor = 3rd floor in American English) Both bedrooms open up to a balcony overlooking the Piazza Bologna. The balcony is the longest narrowest balcony I have ever seen, but it is big enough to sit out and eat breakfast in the morning or sip a glass of wine in the evening while watching the everyday Romans go about their daily life.

Just being here 3 days, we already have seen the locals and learned some of their routines and their rhythm of life. There is the flower lady who trims beautiful sunflowers at the magazine stand in the Piazza. There is the woman who leans out of her window watching her neighbors go the grocery store, I am betting she is the one who knows what everybody is doing and who is having the affairs in the neighborhood! Then there are the kids in the apartment across the Piazza who bop to the music in their apartment that we can’t quite hear.

As far as the rooms, they are perfectly fine. The beds are large, firm and comfortable. Our room has a pull out couch for our daughter to sleep on. Our bathroom is in the 2 bedroom private apartment, but not attached directly to our room. My parents’ bedroom has a bathroom attached to their room. Our shower has good water pressure, but is possibly the smallest shower I have ever been in! I am fairly large, 6’4” 210 lbs, and I can fit in, but if I drop the soap, I need to open the door and step out to get it!!! The shower in my parents’ room is larger. There is plenty of room on the sink to hold all of our toiletries. There is wireless internet although the signal is a bit weak in this apartment and does not reach the balcony; alas that is why I am not out there right now!

There is an elevator (lift) that is useful for hauling your luggage up the stairs, but it is slower than molasses and only big enough for one person with luggage. (See above for my size!) There is air conditioning in the bedrooms only. It is possibly the most powerful a/c I have ever used in Europe. I actually had to turn it off in the middle off the night because it was so cold! Those of you who are American and traveled to Europe know what I mean, let’s just say many of us Americans are partial to cold rooms.

Finally, the best part of this place, and for me it is truly why we stay in B&Bs, are the hosts. We have not met Aldo yet, but Daniela and her daughter Michaela are wonderful. They live in the same building as the B&B so they are always available, but definitely not intrusive. The earlier review that called Daniela “elderly” was a bit rough. I would say she is quite young and her beautiful daughter even younger!! They have been so helpful. As soon as we got there and got settled in, Michaela gave us a map and proceeded to show us all of the places we might like to see and how to get there. Daniela’s English is good and Michaela’s is excellent, do not hesitate to call them with any questions. Michaela also gave us recommendations on local restaurants that we might like to try. Definitely use these recommendations! The two we tried so far have been great. They were all within walking distance of the apartment; this is a very safe area. Also, we were the only tourists in the restaurants and the people could not have been nicer.

Transportation is perfect. The Metro B Line is right outside the door, 3 stops from Termini and 5 from Colloseum. There are also buses that can take you through the historic center (62) and to the Catacombs of Pricisilla (310). Very easy to use.

All in all, if you want a 4 star hotel, do not stay here, but if you want a great B&B, with helpful owner in a solid location, than B&B Bologna in Rome is the place for you! We will be coming back for the last night of our trip before our flight, and except for the fact that the trip will be nearly over by then, I can’t wait. If you have any questions about the place please send me a message.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family