“Excellent modern hotel in a great location”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #81 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great modern hotel housed in an old building, in an excellent location close to all main attractions in Rome. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The courtyard garden would be a nice place to relax in warmer season. The bar and restaurant on the top floor have nice views, and the food is excellent.
Rooms on the 5th floor have nice big balconies with outdoor furniture and plenty of greenery. Rooms 501-503 facing a side street are quieter and sunny in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor have nice big balconies with outdoor furniture and plenty of greenery. Rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IliaUK
danypre, Direttore at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest, we thank you for you comment.
It is really important for us to feel your support and we are proud to satisfy your expectations at our best
Thank you from all the Staff.

Paolo Dalle Vacche
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Fortyseven Hotel Rome

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a total of eleven days during February and March and just wanted to commend certain members of their staff for exceptional service. (Because I travel the world, I know what constitutes good service.)
Firstly, from the moment I arrived (tired and stressed), Alina Manea greeted me with warmth and understanding of my plight. She went out of her way to make sure my stay was the best it could be and, believe me, it was greatly appreciated. As I’m sure you already know, Alina is truly incredible at her job and I hope that her brilliant contribution to your hotel is recognized. Because of her, I’ve already recommended your hotel to a number of people planning trips to Rome in the near future.
Another person who treated me with impeccable service (and with genuine warmth) was Floriana, the girl who works in your restaurant. Every evening she greeted me as if I was coming home and then provided me with all the information I needed to make wise choices for my meal. Believe me, I was provided with some of the best food I’ve even eaten in my life. Compliments to the chef too!
The third person who deserves mention is Loredana, the girl who provides service during breakfast. It was so wonderful to be greeted with a smile every morning and then provided with some of the best coffee in Italy. Even after being away 11 days, she not only greeted me with open warmth (and recognition) when I returned, she even remembered my particular choice of coffee. What more could a person want so early in the morning!
Again, let me say how pleased I was to be treated so well by these three people (as well as other members of their wonderful staff). (If every hotel could be so lucky to have such fine staff members).

Room Tip: Room 501 was wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
danypre, Direttore at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thak you very much for the positive comments
All the Staff really appreciated we look forward to welcoming you again,

Paolo Dalle Vacche
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at Fortyseven for a few nights over a Six Nations weekend in March. We caught the Metro to the nearest stop (Circo Maximo) and finally found our way to the hotel - it's about a 10-15 minute walk. Check in was smooth with the staff helpful and giving all the necessary info. Room was a nice size and very clean (always a good thing), with a huge bed. The TV was a nightmare, but as we only put it on for a bit of noise when getting ready for dinner/bed, this wasn't a big deal). The only downfalls to this hotel were the shower and the noise. The shower head just would not stay straight and continually pointed at the wall, so you had to actually hold it to get wet. Hairdryer is your typical hotel drier and worked well enough. The other thing was the noise. We had a room to the side of the hotel but still the main road and at night it is noisy! I had earplugs though, so slept fine. Blackout blinds really do mean blackout! Breakfast was fine - bread, cereals, fruit, a couple of pastries and a few hot items - more than sufficient to fill you up ready for a day's walking. Location is great - within walking distance of all the main sights - we didn't get the tube or bus once (even walking the four miles to the Olympic stadium and back again to see more of the beautiful city). The hotel is literally on the other side of the river to the Trastevere area where there are lots of yummy restaurants (tip: walk further into Trastevere to find more traditional Italian restaurants. The ones you come to first when walking from the hotel are more touristy). I would return to this hotel, but would ask for a room at the back. Rome is so beautiful though that you're only in the hotel to sleep, so it was good to have a nice, friendly, clean base to return to.

Room Tip: Take a mini extension lead if you've room - hardly any sockets for you to use.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maisiemoo12
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Fortyseven here at Tripadvisor. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that now you will have a "second" home here in Rome :-)
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading the reviews for Fortyseven Hotel Rome on TA and getting a package deal from Expedia, we decided to book our 5 night trip. We decided to use the hotel car for pickup from the airport (fco) and enjoyed its comfort and cleanliness. When arriving at the hotel a very nice gentleman came out to get our bags and brought them to our room. The front desk staff are extremely helpful and kind. They even speak English really well if you're worried about that. They made reservations for us on numerous occasions and gave some great recommendations for restaurants. Upon check in the employee noticed it would be my husband's birthday while we were there and surprised him with a wonderful dessert on his day. I just can't say anything better about the customer service here. To make the hotel better, the rooms are big and comfy. We also had the included breakfast each morning which was delicious. The location is also superb. It's a 15 minute walk to the colosseum, around the corner from Circus Maximus, and just on the opposite side of the river from Trastevere where you can get some amazing gelato. Seriously central to everything. We look forward to returning to Hotel Fortyseven on our next trip to Rome!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LostinHI

Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Fortyseven Hotel here at Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you and your husband felt pampered on his special day!
We are looking forward to welcome you again next time you are in Rome.
Best wishes!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I had a great 7 night stay at this boutique hotel. It was modern, clean, bathrooms updated. Staff was friendly and helpful as well. Location close to everything if you are up for a quick walk (which you would have to be anyway while visiting Rome). I agree with one of the other reviews in that we could have used a few more outlets for charging. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holly h
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of our staff I thank you for your great review! We will make sure to have more charging sockets since we understand that this became very important to modern travellers.
We all hope to have you again in the future!
warm regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Loved this little hotel. Great location, accessible to everything. Very good staff, willing to do anything. Rooms were nice, clean and had just about everything in them. My only complaint is that there were no extra outlets in the room for charging, had to unplug things to charge more than one item. Had to charge things in the bathroom. Also, the hair dryers are awful. Short of that this hotel was close to perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! Close to perfect is not perfect and so we will take note of your review and suggestions. In fact, travel habits have changed since we now travel with lots of phones, tablets and pcs, so we have to update and make more room for charging devices. Hair drier is also going to be changed soon!!! So I hope that next time you come to visit us, you will consider us perfect! :-)
best regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had a great experience staying for 3nights at this hotel this last week. Great service, friendly staff and helpful staff... we were afraid that they may not know english, but we had no problem, they all spoke english....Will happily recommend this hotel to anyone. The fact that this place is centrally located and walking distance from most of the Rome attractions, makes it even better. overall, they were very friendly people. Loved our visit to Rome.

Room Tip: Delux rooms are worth it...loccation and view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

On behalf of our staff I thank you for your great review! Thank you also for recommending us to everyone!
We all hope to have you again in the future!

warm regards,