“The suite was beautiful”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #80 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After checking out of another hotel I was not happy with. I ended up in the deluxe room at the recommendation of a travel agency. The deluxe room was 3x the size of the room at the Albergo Senato. Very spacious. Very clean. I thought the room was nice. I was hesitant to move to the suite. I'm so glad I did the suite blew me away. The wrap around balcony was amazing and a pleasant surprise. The view was fabulous. I especially loved the neighborhood. It was a short walk to Trastevere and the walk itself is gorgeous you are walking right by the river. It is so scenic and much better than staying in the craziness of central Rome, yet within walking distance to major sites.

What reduces stars for me was the staff. Unlike other hotels they just didnt seem to go above and beyond. There was a lot of miscommunication with the staff too. Even my wake up call was 15 minutes late! They were helpful but not warm and their English was not very good either. They just didn't do anything to go the extra mile. Also what was odd was that I went to roof top to eat and was told I needed a reservation, okay fine. But then they asked me when I want to come back instead of telling me their availability? Also they didn't write my reservation down anywhere they said they would remember. Just an odd experience. I ended up ordering room service to enjoy the suite more and lay out on the balcony. The lasagna and seafood salad were delicious! If they could improve their customer service this hotel would be 5 stars.

Room Tip: Splurge for the suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this beautiful review, I am so happy to read it especially because I just read another review before yours that was the opposite, a complaint from our recently renovated suite that you were able to experience by yourself. The surprising thing about reviews is that sometimes they state the opposite one from another. I realize that hotels experiences are really unique and personal, if you take the time to read some other previous reviews, the staff are thanked for the “extra mile” they take etc, for their good English and caring attitude, so what can I say? I am sorry you did not agree but I am sure it was an exception to the rule. Maybe you will come back in the future and experience a 5 star service, I surely hope so!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Fortyseven Hotel Rome

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The location of this hotel is ideal. You are close to the coliseum, the mouth of truth, and all the major tourist attractions in rome, but far enough outside of the main hustle that you can enjoy the local area. The streets around the hotel at night were very quiet. A 5 minute walk from the hotel is the area of travestere . This is one of the best restaurant and bar locations in rome. In fact it is the setting for one of the best food tours I have ever being on.

Now to the but...... As this was a special vacation we decided to spend extra and take a suite on the fifth floor of the hotel. The room was well appointed and the balcony wrapped around the whole suite. However I felt that the room was looking very tired , and we found that whilst the room was clean there was clearly some work that need to be done on the room. The balcony really had not being cleaned. The building opposite was a haven for seagulls and pigeons. Having asked for it to be cleaned a couple of times we gave up. The breakfast in the morning was a simple affair , nice continental selection, just don't ask for a coke, it cost 10 bucks for a small bottle, I nearly fell of my chair. The service for tea and coffee was very poor. We had to ask several times, and received the drinks pretty much as we finished breakfast.

Lastly my biggest issue after a long day was the lack of late night food at the hotel, and the confusion what was offer. After 11, you cannot order any food from the roof top bar, only room service and this is plated cold food.

Overall the hotel was good, but I felt for the price paid not very good value unfortunately. The staff were very friendly which was great, but the attention to detail you expect from a boutique hotel and the price that comes with it, really is the main reason I can only give an average grade compared to other priced and graded hotels .

Room Tip: Suites are on the fifth floor, note that above most of the suites is the roof top restaurant and bar...
1  Thank MATT W

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It is great to know that you liked the hotel and our location! I am sorry to hear that you were not so happy with the Suite, this is really surprising since it was just recently refurbished and we’ve been having great reviews about it. Regarding the pigeons, I really apologize for this inconvenient, but there’s nothing we can do to stop the birds for flying or nesting in the building opposite the hotel! I hope you will stay with us again and this time you will also appreciate a great service other than the great location!
Warm regards,

Danielle Mello

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were recommended this hotel and we were not sorry, the hotel accommodation was great, the staff was amazing, especially Peter who really helped us as our first time in rome. Great choice, great roof top bar/restaurant, local to attractions and transport. We had a great stay we would definitely go back and recommend

Room Tip: We had deluxe really nice fab shower.

Dear guest,

On behalf of our Management, and all staff members I thank you for your kind and enthusiastic review! We are all so happy to hear that the hotel was up to your expectations and we all hope to welcome you here again in the future, and yes, please recommend us for your friends coming to Rome!

Danielle Mello

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our stay isn't until later in the year at the end of a cruise but I just had to share the wonderful service that we have had already! We will be there with another couple, longtime friends, and we are all celebrating 50th anniversaries. I've been working with the hotel for special celebratory arrangements and they have been absolutely incredibly helpful. Such service is to die for!! I can hardly wait for our stay!! Judging from the other reviews of the property, we won't be disappointed.

Dear guest,

On behalf of all staff, and management, I thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here with us at the Fortyseven Hotel with Tripadvisor readers!
We are truly looking forward to welcome you and your friends here and hope your special celebrations will be unforgettable!
Warm regards from Rome!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Although we spent very little time in our room we found the location perfect for all the sights. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Small and personal....Walking distance to most attractions in Rome or you can take a city bus or taxi. Would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

1  Thank moveebuff
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for your great review and, yes, please recommend us to your friends coming to Rome!
We hope to have you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here in the spring and could not have had a better experience! The room itself was flawless, with just the right mix of modern and comfort; the balcony was lovely, surprisingly private, and had a pretty decent view. The staff was very helpful and attentive (even arranging a car service for us to the airport at the end of our trip for 5 AM, and providing us a bagged breakfast for such an early departure!) The rooftop restaurant was elegant, offered a great view of the city, and offered delicious food and drink. And the location was top notch, at the intersection of history and modern, just a short walk to the ruins or shopping and dining, depending on your needs of the day. I would happily stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you for your great review! We hope to have you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We spent 4 nights in Rome at this hotel. The service, the rooms, the location - everything was superb. The staff was friendly and helpful, and never failed to greet us. My husband and son both have asthma, and the hotel was so clean, that they did not have any issues with their asthma with the accommodations. Our room had a great view of the ruins across the street from one side and you could see the Circus Maximus from the other side. We had two rooms, one for our sons and one for us, and the hotel placed us on the 3rd floor with the rooms side by side, but they had a private corridor between the rooms with a separate exterior door, so we could have a "mini family suite" but still have privacy for each room.

On this trip, we stayed in a 5-star hotel in Geneva, and the Fortyseven Hotel outclassed the Geneva one on every single level.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of our Management, and all staff members I thank you for your kind and enthusiastic review! We are all so happy to hear that the hotel was up to your expectations and we all hope to welcome you here once again for all your future special occasions, we are glad to be part of it!!!